Palmer House A Hilton Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown(Chicago)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
9,627 results
All reviewsexecutive levelempire roomlockwood restaurantbeautiful lobbybeautiful hotelart institutethe loopclassic hotelstreet levelmillennium parklobby bara hilton honors memberrooms are smallan older hoteltwo double bedsdowntown chicagoconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Loved our corner room, the L was below us, but my husband and I enjoyed the noise and kept the window open all night long. Great restaurants and bars are just a few steps away. We ate at Millers Bar 2 times. I would stay at this hotel again. The beds were super comfy. The bathroom was very small but its an old hotel. It had a lot of character. Your in Chicago, how much time do you need to spend in your room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

For me there is something for experiencing history when I travel. The Palmer House IS History! The challenge I usually have is that historic hotels have not been updated enough to be comfortable for the modern day traveler. My experience at The Palmer House was not this way, in fact the bathrooms were large and superior to many of the 4 and 5 * hotels that are more recently constructed. As with most inner city hotels, it is hard to get a room with a good view without breaking the bank, so the view of my room left a bit to be desired. I would say the only complaint that I have is that they have not upgraded their elevator systems and as a result you can wait as long as 10 minutes during the orning or evening rush to get in an elevator. they are very slow, despite the fact that 12 of them exist. That not withstanding, I would still say this hotel deserves at least 1 visit from every Chicago traveler who appreciated historic architecture. Enjoy it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel has all the charm of a grand dame. It's beauty is from a past era. The lobby and bar area are incredibly beautiful. I love to sit there with a glass of wine and absorb the craftsmanship and artistry, especially of the ceiling.

The guest rooms have the same old charm with updated amenities. Unfortunately, some are a bit worn. I love this hotel and always chose it over a generic, newer hotel because when I get a newer room, it's completely worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's been more recently refreshed. Some rooms are better than others.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed Memorial day weekend. Booked the room 5 weeks in advance, still expensive. Choose it because it was close to public transportation. Lobby was massive and beautiful. It had a huge high ceiling, crowded with guests. We arrived about noon and chose not to pay $25 to check in early. We stored our luggage at the valet stand and it was fine. We did get a text when the room was ready. It had two beds and a bathroom, television, closet and a safe. ( I personally don't get the safe thing, but oh well.) My shoulder touched the toilet paper when sitting on the toilet. The tile floor was worn, scratched and stained. the paint on all doorways was chipped and nicked. No fan in the bathroom which made it necessary to keep the door open so the mirror doesn't steam, (not private at all) or wait for mirror to clear up. No ceiling fan, and my big complaint, no free wirelesss!! Come on, you can get free wifi every where in the world. For what we paid, we should get in room coffee, ( not available) or continental breakfast, ( not that either). Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Can't help you here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary2273
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I spent our last night in the USA at the hotel on our way back to Europe. The hotel was great even though we had paid for budget rooms. The hotel bar is just beautiful, take a look at the ceiling if you are there. We ate breakfast at the hotel and were at first a bit dubious as our waitress was stressed with lots of customers at the same time. She turned out to be excellent and was quick and helpful throughout the meal. Check-in and check-out was very easy and with very courteous and charming staff. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family