Palmer House A Hilton Hotel
US$645
US$614
  • Room Service
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$737
US$564
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$592
US$599
US$727
US$692
  • Pool
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$773
US$659
US$711
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$651
Hotelpower.com
9,691 results
All reviewsexecutive levelempire roomlockwood restaurantbeautiful lobbybeautiful hotelart institutethe loopclassic hotelstreet levelmillennium parklobby bara hilton honors memberrooms are smallan older hoteltwo double bedsdowntown chicagoconcierge desk
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Want to go back to a time of elegance, long-skirts and tuxes, and gold - go to the Palmer House. Similar in style to the Waldorf in NYC. Visited for a conference and we had fabulous service from the staff. They are very well trained. Rooms vary in size and splendor - mine was small, yet extremely functional. Had everything I wanted and was well maintained. Location near shopping (State Street) and the Art institute is a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger bed so you get a larger room. However the double was fine for one!
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Overall, the hotel was fine. The location was really convenient. The bed was very comfortable. However, the rooms are tiny and you can hear everything from one room to the next. I was glad I as there alone because it would have been a romance killer to hear the person urinating in the next bathroom. There would not have been room for a toddler bed if I had tried to bring my tot.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ishawa S, Manager at Palmer House A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review for your recent stay.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the location was convenient for you. However I want to apologize that you could hear what was going on in the next room. Over the years we have and will continue to improve the quietness of our rooms.

The front desk is always willing to find you a new room that is more comfortable if noise or lack of space is interfering with your comfort. We are always here to assist in any way possible.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked this hotel because it was offering the best price for a four star type hotel at the time. I knew that it wouldn't be the most enthralling of hotels because of its huge size and age and so it turned out to be. The rooms I have to say were very comfortable and quite nicely decorated. We had a good night's sleep in a very comfortable bed and the room was quiet. Even though we paid extra for a higher floor, the room didn't have a great outlook and was very dim all day. There wasn't much spare room either - for instance no armchair, which would have been nice. Good bathroom. The grand hall/lobby is spectacular but it's also where they've located the main bar and it was heaving with people - far too busy and not at all comfortable so we avoided it after the first night. We chose only to have breakfast one day and it was very good but we preferred the choice of other places out of the hotel. This hotel was a good choice in terms of comfort and value but if I come back, I think I might choose a more modern hotel in a different part of town. We visited friends in the Godfrey and it looked amazing. Close to the Palmer House is the Burham Hotel - it would have been more expensive but I reckon it would have been worth it. If you want comfort, good value and don't mind a factory type, impersonal hotel, then you'll be fine with the Palmer house.

Room Tip: Not sure if paying the extra for a higher floor is worth it because room was still dull!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Palmer House is a very old hotel that has been renovated to meet current hilton standards while preserving the historic charm. The suites are very large and interestingly laid-out.

Be sure to get on the side of the hotel away from the elevated subway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel and decor was fabulous! The staff seemed understaffed. You had to wait in lines a lot to get answers, but they were really friendly. The cleaning crew is very noisy, so if you want to sleep in past 8am don't choose this hotel. Also, you have to pay for internet. The price is pretty high to stay here and I would have thought it would be included. Other than that I would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts