Palmer House A Hilton Hotel
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$532
US$247
US$231
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$263
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$161
9,638 results
All reviewsexecutive levelempire roomlockwood restaurantbeautiful lobbybeautiful hotelart institutethe loopclassic hotelstreet levelmillennium parklobby bara hilton honors memberrooms are smallan older hoteltwo double bedsdowntown chicagoconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Got lucky on a very busy week in Chicago and managed to snag a room very late at night! Since this was my first trip to Chicago, I was amazed with most everything there. But this hotel beat it all! When you enter from the street, you have to go up the escalator to Registration. It grandeur was totally unexpected. The room far surpassed any expectations I had. And the value for the rate I received was excellent! I didn't stay but one night, but would have loved to experience all it had to offer! The bar in the evening is very social and friendly with "community tables" where anyone can sit. I got lucky and met the sister of one of the bartenders there. An all around great experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place has lovely beautiful architecture
The rooms are alright on the smaller side
wish they had free wifi
It's fun to go around the hotel drink at the hotel bar
There are restaurants and cafes near by

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at Palmer House for 2 nights in June 2014, during a short visit to Chicago to see a concert. I chose this hotel due to its location, very handy to the Art Institute, Millennium Park, public transit, and the big Macy's. The lobby is certainly impressive, the hotel is a beautiful property, and I really enjoyed coming and going, except for the very slow elevators. It's a really huge hotel, and while my room was of a modest size, it s comfortable, very clean, and had everything I needed. As with most hotels, especially older ones, there was some noise from next door, but nothing more than usual. Staff were friendly and helpful, though I found check in to be slow, there was only one person before me, but I still waited 15 minutes until they were taken care of, which was a little frustrating. I used express check out which was great. There's also a Starbucks in the lower level, which I appreciated. Overall, I'd stay there again simply because of the excellent location, as well as the sheer enjoyment of staying at such a grand, historic hotel. You could save a few dollars staying elsewhere, but this place is worth a little extra, if only because it was such a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is somewhat pricey, but in our experience it was worth it. We stayed at the executive level portion and the available food in the lounge area is an excellent perk. The hotel is essentially in the theater district and the el is close by. Biggest problem is parking, but the staff suggested working through SpotHero, which worked well. It is still very difficult to drop off and pick up luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This Hotel is absolutely beautiful; lobby and ballrooms are stunning, and the ambiance is rich with history and bustling activity. Superb martini and excellent lobby bar service. My room was small but elegant. King-sized bed with two separate baths. My only - but real - problem was that it reeked of smoke and I just didn't think the carpet was very clean. Staff were eager to come freshen the room. All in all, a lovely place but my clothes did carry the smell upon departure. Nonetheless, I would stay again. Also: wish there had been a coffee pot in the room. I had a small refrigerator, but missed that "while-you-get-ready" coffee.

Room Tip: Next time I will ask to check the room to - hopefully - avoid smoke odor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business