Palmer House A Hilton Hotel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$535
US$446
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
US$254
US$212
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Grand Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$401
US$346
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
  • Pool
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$181
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$240
Cancelon
9,625 results
All reviewsexecutive levelempire roomlockwood restaurantbeautiful lobbybeautiful hotelart institutethe loopclassic hotelstreet levelmillennium parklobby bara hilton honors memberrooms are smallan older hoteltwo double bedsdowntown chicagoconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Although not a professional traveller, I travel to conferences for about 3 weeks every year.
This time I ended up staying in the Palmer House.
It may be a classic hotel with glorious history and a huge lobby. The room itself was small, outdated and not very clean. Price was extremely high. Even on top of that a ridiculous $15-20 is charged for not so fast internet connection which I think is essential for every traveller today and should be included in room price.
This particular week is busy in Chicago hotels. In previous years I have had better experiences with much lower price in other hotels during the same week.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I checked into the hotel on Thanksgiving Day and the moment I arrived I was treated like a "Queen." Everything was perfect. The clerk at the front desk couldn't have been anymore accomodating. The room was beautiful, large and very clean. The employees, especially Steve and Maramadou on the 23rd floor were exceptional. The hotel is incredible. Some 35-40 years ago my husband and I stayed there...since that time he has passed away...but I do remember the ornate door knobs in the bathroom. I was there Thursday, Friday and had to leave on Saturday. Your hotel will always be the hotel of my choice. I thank you for the opportunity I had to spend Thanksgiving there. I will tell my friends and I will always stay there when I come to Chicago.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I have always enjoyed staying at the Palmer House. Some of the rooms are very small but when I have asked for a larger room at check in they have always obliged.
I would avoid the breakfast buffet at Lockwoods. There is a very limited selection for the price you pay. In terms of lunch and dinner I would also skip the Lockwood and go around the corner to Miller's Pub . They have excellent food at a very reasonable price.
Other posters have mentioned a fee for late check out. I have never had to pay extra for late check out. I asked for a 1pm checkout and I was assured that it was not a problem.
I enjoyed going to Potters Bar within the hotel. My friends and I were served promptly and the waitress was always checking on us. The price of drinks is reasonable.
I would recommend the Palmer House to anyone. It is a very nice hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank satchel21
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I thought that this would have been a very nice romantic gettaway, and be able to say " "Wow" the Palmer was great!! But the room was small and chilly and Bathroom was freezing..I like the Bed and pillows, but everything else, well nothing to brag on about.. It was okay but I would choose embassy suites over them anytime...Plus 51.00 for Vallet ridiculas!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Our conference ends tomorrow, but when we booked, we thought that it might be nice to stay an additional couple of days and enjoy the weekend. After spending a week here, though, we changed our minds and advised that we would be checking out tomorrow with our colleagues, and we just found out that we either have to pay an additional 150.00 early departure cancellation fee, or stay for the weekend. So here we sit, in an overpriced, very small room, without even a coffee maker, no bar fridge, and a small bathtub that won't hold water. Leaving our pop and cheese, etc in the open window works fairly well (if we were camping it would seem like an adventure). Expensive parking, expensive food, expensive internet, Do I detect a trend here?? Oh yes, don't forget to return the glass you brushed your teeth with to the ice bucket table, or you will only have one remaining clean glass for the rest of the week. Ridiculous! Hi management, we're up here in 12-202 any time you might like to chat.....

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business