“Very Nice Hotel - Good Airport Location”

Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Ranked #120 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Miami
“Very Nice Hotel - Good Airport Location”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had to make a last minute reservation here when we missed a flight at Chicago Midway airport due to heavy traffic. There are four Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express hotels around the airport so make sure you go to the right one (note: in fact I accidentally wrote a Trip Advisor review for the Holiday Inn Express next door by mistake before the manager advised me of such and now I can write my review here for the correct hotel instead!) Our hotel was very well located and had very nice check in staff and a lovely fresh smell in reception. The rooms were very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows and all the modern amenities you would expect from a hotel. Unlike the Holiday Inn Express hotels, free breakfast is not provided, they do have a restaurant in the hotel that opens early to provide breakfast though if you have an early flight like we did. They also have an airport shuttle but we did not use it as we had a rental car. Very clean and very nice staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnMidway1, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear mwooduk,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Holiday Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Was here for one night on business. The only reason I did not give a 5 was because I did not experience breakfast and the transport vehicle will need to be replaced soon. Personal, atmosphere, comfort, safety all EXCELLENT! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RevBiggs
Dear BigRevB,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway! I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding our shuttle, I have forwarded your comments to our shuttle supervisor so that we can examine our fleet! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We drove to chicago and to save money decided to stay out at midway and take the L into town, as parking is complimentary (can't get that downtown). HI did not disappoint! Super helpful and friendly service, great location (all hotels at midway are in a gated locale together) and a pretty good restaurant. The airport shuttle runs every 20 mins, and it takes about 10 mins to get to the airport. From there the orange line takes 25 mins to get to the CBOT stop on the loop. Easy and cheap!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoHog
Dear MoHog,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway, and that you found our proximity to public transportation to downtown easy and economical I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Nothing false here! The hotel seemed fresh and well maintained. Once I closed the room door it could have been a Hil**n. I needed a good night's sleep for an early flight and that's what I got. Sports' grill on site and Friday's an easy walk away. Would stay again, good job.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mdep,

Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was a great place to stay - we used their park, sleep and fly program to leave our cars there for the week we were gone and the shuttle service was wonderful and prompt. We got a little confused having a Holiday Inn Express and a Holiday Inn in the same area, but after a quick stop at the wrong place, we easily found this hotel. Rooms were clean and rates were reasonable. I would recommend this hotel. Kids liked the pool and ping pong area. We used business center to print boarding passes for flights and found it very easy. Staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mike R,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Chicago Midway, and that you found the park sleep and fly package to be economical and efficient! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

Fairbury, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Had dinner upon our arrival to the hotel. Excellent choices ...would recommend the adult grilled cheese for kids and the Club with waffle fries is more than enough for one. The Southwest salad was filled with greens and fresh vegetables. Why go off property for dinner when this is at your front door?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tim D,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Coaches Sports Bar and Grille! I can not tell you how much we appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you travel plans call for Chicago!

P.S. The adult grilled cheese is one of my favorites as well!

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a early Departure from Chicago Midway Airport. It was a short Stay there and we did felt good in this Holiday Inn Hotel. Although we have been there only 2 nights, we say, that it was all very friendly and totally clean there. Comfortable and calm. During our Stay, we went two times there for Breakfast, wich was nice decorated and all fresh. Good Coffee there!!! Not far away was the Midway Airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LazurandAzur,

Holiday Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Chicago Marriott Midway
Chicago Marriott Midway
#116 of 190 in Chicago
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport? Share your experiences!