“FANTASTIC FUN”

Steve's Segway Tours
Ranked #30 of 170 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: The most educational AND the most fun tour of Chicago! Our extremely knowlegeable and fun guides instruct you on how to properly operate your own personal Segway or Trikke, making sure that you are comfortable and confident in no time! Explore Grant Park, Millennium Park, the lakefront, Buckingham Fountain, and Museum Campus. We'll discuss Chicago history, architecture and interesting facts at various stops. We have Trikke rentals available as well! Please see our website for much, much more information.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic Freddie.....we had a great time ....a tad bit cold but what a great day!
We have done a lot of fun things and this ranks right up there in the top five
We will be back when it warms up for a night tour
If you are planning on going make sure you dress warm...along the lake shore it must of been 20 degrees colder ... The day we went it was suppose to be a high of 45....we could of used our heavy winter coats
And go to the website and print the directions to find this place .... It's not easy but the directions walk you though it....

1 Thank Mark052865

• Polish first
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Dress yourself for COLD and you will love it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is the best way to spend your first day. Freddy had great suggestions for places to go and things to see for the rest of our week, and we felt like we had a feel for a chunk of the city, having seen it up close on the Segway. The training we got was the best - it was nice to understand the Segway better before we started. This was my fourth Segway tour, but best explanation ever. The only downside was that I was not dressed warmly enough for the conditions. Dress as if you are going skiing on a really cold day and you will love it!

1 Thank Mackenzie C
april m, General Manager at Steve's Segway Tours, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thanks so much for your wonderful review, MacKenzie!! I always say Freddy is the best tour guide in Chicago and that you can ask him ANYthing about this city! We are so grateful to have him working with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and your awesome family! And your mention of the training being the best explanation that you've had in several tours is a huge compliment to me, so thank you for saying that. I'm sorry it was so cold, but glad you guys were troopers. Hopefully pretty soon we won't have to dress like we're skiiing! Thanks again for the review. Please recommend us to your friends and family. Cheers!
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had a great morning with Freddy at Steve's Segway tours. The equipment was in great shape, the training was thorough and Freddy, our guide, was very knowledgeable about Chicago, fun, and attentive to our needs. It was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and interesting tour of Chicago.

1 Thank 461DebE
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Freddy is definitely one of the few people I consider "true Chicago" (accent, mannerisms,etc.) and his knowledge and pride of the city is just astounding. We are grateful to have him working with us. I will be sure to pass on your message to him. Glad you had a great time. Thanks again for the review.
Sedalia, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An absolute must for a first time visitor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I chose a segway tour because of the limited time I had to explore Chicago and my complete unfamiliarity with the town. This tour was great not just because the segways are super fun and easy to learn but it gave a newbie tourist like me a better idea of where to go and how the area is layed out. Our guide Justin was super nice, knowledgeable and patient. Lots of great photo opportunities. A great value for the money, my only warning is that this tour will make you want to buy a segway!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Radkca
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Justin is a very knowledgeable and great tour guide and we are lucky to have him. I always tell people a Segway tour is the best way to see the city, and to do this the first day of their visit. We're glad you had a great time, but beware, we have actually had guests turn around and buy a Segway. Thanks again and please recommend us to your friends and family!
Houston
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Segway-The Only Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have done several of these tours around the country. This one is really good. Justin was our guide. He handled a rambunctious 12 year old very well. We were a group of 12. He offered a lot of guide advice. I liked the route. This was the lake tour. Awesome photo opps! A group of 12 is not really ideal for the participant though (although great for the company). There were times we stopped and you could use the restroom and get something to eat/drink. I would do this again. They also have other tours, not by the lake, such as architecture. There are other companies doing this, but Steve is really friendly. The Segway units are newer. I would totally do this again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Erik C
ametler, General Manager at Steve's Segway Tours, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
We really appreciate your wonderful post, Erik. Justin will be tickled to hear it, so I will make sure to pass your message on to him. He has been a Segway Tour Guide here for several years now, which is longer than any of our guides, hence him having the patience of a saint and the ability to handle rambunctious teens with such ease. I wholeheartedly agree that a group of 12 is not preferred. In fact, it is a rare occurrence that we tour with a group of more than 10 people. I did want to explain, however, that this particular morning, we had two returning guests book at the last second. Due to the fact that were "trained professionals", we were happy to accommodate them and put them on the morning tour that they requested. If they had been "newbies", the situation would have been different as we would have put them on our afternoon tour instead. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and hope you will join us again sometime the future, perhaps along the river... and in a smaller group.

Been to Steve's Segway Tours? Share your experiences!