“Great Deal, Amazing Location”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #96 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I booked a room here with 2 queen beds (seems to be an issue for Chicago hotels with most only offering one double bed causing problems for parties of 2 or more) during Memorial Day weekend for only $200 a night including free parking, taxes and fees. Considering that this hotel was so close to so many things (Millennium park, many museums within walking distance, the Mile, Navy Pier, etc) in downtown Chicago I thought it was a great steal. Then I got there and saw my room I knew I had lucked out. The rooms have been recently updated, the rooms are huge - 2 queen beds with plenty of walking room, big bathrooms - separate shower and bath and toilet. The service was superb here every employee I encountered was extremely helpful and curious. This is where I will always stay when I'm visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,076)

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Booked through priceline like a month early when I was just browsing and get for a little over $100, otherwise room is easily $200 and over. Beautiful lobby, spacious room overlooking city. Bathroom has a tub with a separate enclosed shower and a separate smaller area in it with a toilet with a sliding door. Outside bathroom is a little area with a counter and mirror, where the ice bucket and glasses and wine bottle opener is. Room had the plushiest, softest robes complimentary I had ever felt. Locked safe provided. Mini fridge with items you have to pay for if you use them. Has a coffee maker (the newer ones like Keurig K-cup) and coffee. Ipod dock to charge and play your ipod. Tony in Valet was nice, but we used the parking structure at the Aon building directly across from valet on the bottom level. Special for parking there was $6 on a Friday if in between 3-6p and out by 8am. I never paid $6 to park in downtown Chicago overnight a day in my life so I was super happy by this. Moved car at 8am on the street with meter parking for $6 an hour, and just checked out early. Was still less than the $32 overnight charge in the structure. Valet is $58. Park Millenium structure right next to front of hotel also has similar specials. Restaurant in hotel serves Asian cuisine, didnt try it. Only downfall is it is hard to find hotels on Columbus as the street does not run all the way through. We got lost several times trying to find hotel, although we were right around the corner from it.

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up with 2 beds, more spacious rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our amenities and your guestroom accommodations. We value your loyalty and appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards,
Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I first stayed at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park 10 months ago. I liked the general location - close to the loop and near a wonderful gourmet grocery called Mariano's where one can get great meals to go. I really liked last year's stay - I found the hotel professionally run and my room was spotless - definitely a five-star. This current visit, my second, was disappointing for several reasons. First, there is no coffee available until about 7am - and certainly no complementary coffee which is more and more the norm with high-end hotels. In fact, the center of the lobby used to offer a nice a la carte early breakfast which it no longer does. A lot of us business travelers are fond of our caffeine... the staff gave my request a shrug. I ended up walking across the street to the Radisson which was more than happy to provide complimentary coffee. Second, the hallways on my assigned floor seemed tired - and very winding and narrow -- and the room I was assigned was cold (outside temp was in the high 20s). Adjusting the room thermostat did not seem to make a difference. I have generally had very good luck with Fairmont Hotels (Bermuda Southampton and San Francisco) and suspect this one just needs management attention.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TechTraveler09
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of some of the inconveniences during your stay.
We certainly value your loyalty and would appreciate an opportunity to discuss these issues with you directly at your convenience.
Please email us at Chicago@fairmont.com if you would kindly allow us this opportunity.

Hotel Manager

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We were in Chicago for the marathon in October 2012 and the Fairmont was the perfect pick, right between all of the race festivities in Millennium Park and the shopping on the Magnificent Mile.
We had a spectacular gold floor one bedroom suite which provided us with more than enough room for us and our 6 year old son. We had our own king bedroom and he had a pullout sofa in a massive living/dining room. The gold floor concierge as well as the hotel concierge were both fantastic. Tim at concierge was top notch - provided tips for meals, comedy clubs and arranged our car service back to the airport. Aria was delicious, we had one lunch and one dinner there. We would highly recommend Filini across the street for upscale Italian and Mastro's Steakhouse was the perfect way to end marathon day. We would only choose this hotel for our next trip to Chicago... And we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park hotel for three nights Feb 2013. This is my second stay at this hotel, (6 years apart). We stayed on the Gold level with access to the gold lounge, buffet continental breakfast which was great, smoked salmon, eggs, a baked dish, fruit plate, toast and pastries along with coffee/tea and juices. In the afternoon there were snacks also, cheese platter, a hot dish, we were also out in the evening but there are deserts served until 10pm. We had Henry as our servers everyday and he was great! Without this lounge I would have felt like I was staying in a condo building. The lobby doesn't have any vibe and although Aria is on the main floor the lobby is non desrcript. There is what looks like a lounge/bar in the middle of the lobby but in the four days we were there we never saw anyone in it.
Used the spa facilities, had a massage and a manicure both were fine.
Location is okay, I prefer to be on the Mag Mile or State, it created more of a walk but the food is so good in Chicago that the walk is welcomed.
King Room, Gold level, the bathrooms are dark, although the tiles are white carrera the bulbs are so dim that you can't do make up in the washroom. There is a make up bar just outside the room that is better lit however you can't sit as the ledge is too high and if there are two people sharing the hotel room you are now standing and blocking access to the bathroom for anyone else. Nothing that would ruin your trip by any means, just knowledge. Beds were comfy, lots of lighting options in the hotel room, desk with chair, lounge chair and two benches at the end of the bed. Ample clothing storage in dresser plus a walk in closet with safe.
All in all a fair hotel but have prefered alternates while in Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with service to match. The staff members are very engaging and go the extra mile every single time. The President's Club on the 15th floor brings the service up an extra notch, if that's even possible.
The only thing I didn't enjoy was the tempura shrimp at the restaurant Aria, however, considering they prepared it just for me since its not on the menu, I shouldn't complain. I would be sure though, if you're going to serve something off the menu that it's worthy of your best effort. The Manager working was fabulous in the artful way he handled the request.
I love this hotel and would recommend it to anyone desirous of great service and surroundings. Great value as well.

• Stayed: March 2013
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
We value your loyalty and appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Upscale from the park lot to the room! The rooms are fantastic!

The staff was so welcoming - and it was also great to have the indoor walk ways to restuarants and shops and to the AON Center on the cold winter days.

Room Tip: Not sure you can go wrong here with any of their rooms. I very much enjoyed my stay!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business