“Unbelievable!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I took a recent March break vacation to Chicago this year and was I in for a surprise. We stayed on the gold level of the hotel and were greeted by the most courtiest and pleasant concierge ever, her name was Megan. They got are room ready in minutes and we got to indulge in the snack and drink area. When I asked about having a day planned catered to my two and a half year old they were excited to do it! The day was great the attractions were awesome! Megan even followed up with a personal note to make sure we had everything we needed and had a good time ( Never been done before). She even recommended a phenomenal Mexican restaurant. This hotel was te perfect spot to stayin Chicago! If you can stay here and meet Megan you'll be in for a real treat. We also had a lake view that was sensational! Thank you fairmont gold staff, well see you again! One last thing when we got some passes to the She'd Aquarium from the hotel, I recommend you buy from the hotel, it bypassed us a huge line! And special VIP stroller parking!! Awesome Awesome!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Coachk2001
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Good Day,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay on the Gold Floor at the Fairmont Chicago and that Megan exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your kind words and have shared your comments with Megan and our Fairmont Gold Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Gold soon.

Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Last week, I stayed in Fairmont Chicago for one night. Although I only stayed one night, I already feel the warm welcome starting from the bell boy to the concierge manager. As a Fairmont member (free to register at website), the room key and room are already ready for me to check-in.

The concierge manager has asked the room service staff to bring me a personal letter, two mineral water in glass container, two glasses, and two small packs of Garrett popcorn (originated from Chicago).

Dinner at the hotel is also recommended, the waiter gave his recommendation. Check-out is smooth and fast.

However, as it is not at downtown, hire a taxi ride cost between US$40-US$45.

Shelbyville, Indiana
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I treated my youngest daughter to a trip to Chicago for her birthday and we styed at the airmont. In the past, we have usually stayed at the Westin on Michigan Avenue because of it's proximity to American Girl Place. Alas, my 13-yea-old is now too old for AGP and she chose the Fairmont based on the pictures. It is an older hotel but we had a wonerful suite on the 27th floorsand views were exactly what my daugher hoped for. It was larger than many one-bedroom apartments in Chicago. The only complaint was location, this is great if you want to be in the business district but it was quite a walk o shopping and most activities when the wind chill is in the low single digits. The lobby is vry nice, the staff very helpful -- plus my daughterloved that our suite had an actual doorbell!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
moberly
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Rooms are PERFECT. Clean and modern. My room had a high pitch electrical ring but I never got around to reporting the problem. I had a standard king room and there was plenty of room. A stand up shower and a bathtub. So two people could bath at once. Also a pocket door that closes off the toilet. I loved this place. The location is great too. This hotel also had some of the fastest elevators I have ever experienced.

There is a fire station right across the street so you hear the trucks go out about every 15-30 minutes it seems.

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor. I had the 22nd and a wonderful view.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stay at hotels in various cities for conferences and this was a pleasant surprise. The room was large with a great view and very clean and up to date. It made me feel like a rich guy. And there is a CVS right across the street for sodas, candy, even booze. There was a suitable office area and a sofa in the room. The bedroom was well separated from the bathroom and the bathroom had a bath tub and separate shower and the toilet was separated from both of those with a separate door. This would be a perfect situation for a family, especially. The soaps and other giveaways were of nice quality. The conference meals were full, simple and excellent. The wi-fi was free. The gym was decent with modern aerobic machines, and there was a separate steam room area. Check in was swift. No complaints, at all.

Room Tip: My room was on the 6th floor. This saved me a lot of elevator time in this tall building!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our amenities and your guestroom accommodations. We value your loyalty and appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I booked a room here with 2 queen beds (seems to be an issue for Chicago hotels with most only offering one double bed causing problems for parties of 2 or more) during Memorial Day weekend for only $200 a night including free parking, taxes and fees. Considering that this hotel was so close to so many things (Millennium park, many museums within walking distance, the Mile, Navy Pier, etc) in downtown Chicago I thought it was a great steal. Then I got there and saw my room I knew I had lucked out. The rooms have been recently updated, the rooms are huge - 2 queen beds with plenty of walking room, big bathrooms - separate shower and bath and toilet. The service was superb here every employee I encountered was extremely helpful and curious. This is where I will always stay when I'm visiting Chicago.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Booked through priceline like a month early when I was just browsing and get for a little over $100, otherwise room is easily $200 and over. Beautiful lobby, spacious room overlooking city. Bathroom has a tub with a separate enclosed shower and a separate smaller area in it with a toilet with a sliding door. Outside bathroom is a little area with a counter and mirror, where the ice bucket and glasses and wine bottle opener is. Room had the plushiest, softest robes complimentary I had ever felt. Locked safe provided. Mini fridge with items you have to pay for if you use them. Has a coffee maker (the newer ones like Keurig K-cup) and coffee. Ipod dock to charge and play your ipod. Tony in Valet was nice, but we used the parking structure at the Aon building directly across from valet on the bottom level. Special for parking there was $6 on a Friday if in between 3-6p and out by 8am. I never paid $6 to park in downtown Chicago overnight a day in my life so I was super happy by this. Moved car at 8am on the street with meter parking for $6 an hour, and just checked out early. Was still less than the $32 overnight charge in the structure. Valet is $58. Park Millenium structure right next to front of hotel also has similar specials. Restaurant in hotel serves Asian cuisine, didnt try it. Only downfall is it is hard to find hotels on Columbus as the street does not run all the way through. We got lost several times trying to find hotel, although we were right around the corner from it.

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up with 2 beds, more spacious rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.