“Fantastic Stay well worth it”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #90 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
La Plata, Maryland
“Fantastic Stay well worth it”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for The National Education Association for our annual conference. The rooms were spacious and well designed. Plenty of room for two over packed conventioneers. The staff was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. They were beyond helpful with directions and places to visit.
They were located in a great area. The restaurants in the hotel were very well done and delightful food..although a little pricey for a teacher's budget. The rooms were decorated very chicly and the beds were delightful. Well worth the few extra bucks for the visit.

Room Tip: corner rooms the best
Green Features: they really do a good job encouraging guests to be
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Joe M,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to be your host and I am thrilled that your received legendary Fairmont service.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

So you book on Expedia, select King Size bed, and you arrive to find you are actually on a tariff that is 'Double or King', and they won't give you a king, or an upgrade, or a refund. You are scr***** and you have to get another hotel at late notice. No I won't use Fairmont again until they change their booking policies. No I won't use Expedia again as I don't trust their booking policies. And now I've been to the Fairmont Millennium Park I won't book there again. Very poor signage, unobvious booking desk which you always miss entering the building. Elevator on the opposite side of the building. And did I say, they don't have King Beds that you thought you booked.

Room Tip: Don't use Expedia and don't trust what you book through them. Yes, we did try to get a refu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DuncanK1
Dear DuncanK1,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback. I am terribly sorry for your inconvenience regarding a king bed. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to receive your bedtype requests from Expedia. It is challenging for us as well. We always want to exceed our guests expectations and do our best to honor our guests' requests. May I suggest using a hotel's website to book your next overnight? Many hotel brands offer rate parity on their own websites and you will receive those special requests like bedtype.

I hope your travels will bring your back to the Windy City soon.

South Hamilton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Due to poor quality of construction I wont be back to this location that falls far short of my expectations for Fairmont product. I heard way too much noise in my room, including an air handling unit that was loud enough to wake me up as it cycled.

1 Thank Tom G
Dear Tom G,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with the Director of Engineering. Unfortunately the hotel is an all concrete buidling and the accoustics are unpredictable.

I hope you will give the Fairmont another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel is wonderful - the rooms are incredibly clean and comfortable, the food at the restaurant Aria was delicious - lots of fresh veggies and fruit - but what makes this hotel so special is the staff. I travel a fair amount and my favorite hotels are the ones where the staff make your feel genuinely welcome and like a part of the family.

Exceptional people make for an exceptional experience - The Fairmont embodies this statement. I will make a point of looking for Fairmont Hotels wherever I go in the future - fantastic stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Elizabeth B,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you received legendary Fairmont service and that hospitality made your stay all that more memorable.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont Chicago soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed at the Fairmont for a conference and the lounge on the Gold floor was exceptional in both the quality of its amenities and service. My wife accompanied me on this trip to visit the local museums, shopping,etc.. At guest check-in on the Gold floor, Marlene explained the various room options and actually took us on a tour of the rooms for our selection. It was great to have this level of personal service. During the entire length of stay Marlene made arrangements and suggestions for my wife for her tour of the town while I attended the conference. This level of service and attention to detail was exceptional and above all other concierge floors of other brand hotels. This is definitely the hotel to stay while in Chicago due to its staff and location. TIP: It is well worth signing up for their President's Club loyalty program.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I greatly appreciate your ringing endorsement and will share your compliments with Marlene. She is truly an asset to Fairmont. I am delight that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Huntington Woods, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I planned this trip to Chicago because I had two free nights stay at a Fairmont as a Presidents Club member (it's a credit card thing). We were very much looking forward to the trip as it had been a VERY hectic last few months. I received an email asking if I wanted to upgrade to a Gold Club Floor room for and additional fee of $70 or something like that. Well, we thought, Absolutely! Better room, free breakfast, etc...
Check in was very easy, the staff was wonderful.
Sadly, we were very disappointed in the room. It was very small and furniture was sort of shabby. It gave the impression of recycled furniture.
I have no earthly idea who laid out the floor plan for the room and especially the bathroom.
I think they gave us a sub par room because I was redeeming my free stay, even though I was paying for the upgrade.
The "special" food service was a gong show (which I understand the hotel can't help, but they should have been better prepared. They ran out of food, linens, silverware, coffee, tea...and they were severely understaffed.
If you stay on a Gold Floor and decide to have a drink BE CAREFUL. Two glasses of wine and 2 glasses of scotch...$96.
They over charged me for my room, which is the SECOND time in less than 5 months that that has happened at a Fairmont property.

Over all the whole experience was underwhelming and disappointing.
Though I am a Presidents Club member (because of a credit card), I'm getting a little tired of the level of service verses the cost.
This trip was planned purely based on the fact that I had a accumulated two free nights...in the long run it was not worth the effort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Beth B,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I value your comments and I will share your feedback with our Fairmont Gold Manager. Unfortunately, we are not able to do much with the design of the hotel. It was designed in 1987 by Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum, but we are always open to suggestions if the opportunity arises to make design changes to the hotel's footprint.

I hope you will give Fairmont another experience legendary Fairmont service.

Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Fairmont properties are among my favorite worldwide and Millennium Park is no exception. From the attentive pre-arrival communications to the warm and enthusiastic welcome back greeting by staff, you will always feel valued at the hotel.

The rooms are modern and stylish with comfortable beds and linens. They are quiet and inviting with adequate work space and seating.

The one knock is the breakfast pricing. Certainly, this is a prime location in Chicago and premium pricing is anticipated. But, $146 for breakfast for 4 strains the imagination.

Other than the extreme breakfast pricing, I recommend the Fairmont enthusiastically and without reservation.

Dear Bobbyduhon,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and received legendary Fairmont service. Many hotels offer wonderful promotions in their packages, in the future, may I recommend that you take a peak?

If your travels bring you a back to the Windy City, I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont.