“Chicago in early summer”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #90 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Avalon, New Jersey
“Chicago in early summer”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

In town to visit family and choose the Fairmount Chicago based on positive experience with the Fairmount in Wash. D.C. Stayed on the Concierge floor, aka the Gold Floor. Excellent personalized service from all hotel staff we interacted with throughout our four night stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear JARME,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will share your positive comments with the Fairmont Gold Team.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont Chicago soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stay in downtown Chicago quite regularly and there are many places we enjoy. However, the Fairmont is super for sure. The location is perfect to Millenium Park, Michigan Ave, Navy Pier for starters! The staff is extremely kind and helpful. The rooms are good sized, beautiful bathrooms with separate shower and toilet areas, comfortable beds and the few times we have stayed we have had amazing views of Lake Michigan and the new Lake Shore East Park, which is across the street. If you are doing self park, which we typically do, it is convenient to the hotel and the cheapest in the area. There is a nice bar and restaurant in the beautiful lobby and many other places to eat or shop within a block or so. I honestly cannot think of anything that has not been a good experience for us and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear kwhitesure,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and the glowing recommendation. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I am thrilled that our accommodations and the location served your needs while exceeding your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had to take a last minute business trip to Chicago, during the busiest convention week of the year for Chicago....plus the Jazz festival was in full swing. I think I got the last room, probably due to a cancelation, in Chicago which I found through www.booking.com at midnight the day I was leaving. I wanted a safe hotel in a good location, and I found the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park. Almost everything about this hotel was splendid!

The lobby was very active when I checked in, and the front desk personnel was helpful and professional. I had a new credit card that caused a glitch in my check in, but it was handled well.

To my surprise, I was upgraded to the Gold Club level, which included personalized concierge service, a wonderful and fresh free breakfast each morning, hors d'oeuvres in the evening, and desserts after dinner. The Gold Club overlooks Lake Michigan and a beautiful park area. The Club room is clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly, and efficient. Breakfasts at 6:00 am were the best part of a very stressful trip!

My room was clean and nicely decorated. My one complaint was that although the room had energy efficient lighting, it needed more, or more powerful light bulbs, especially in the bathroom and toilet area. The fixtures in the bathroom were very nice (except the toilet, which strangely didn't match and seemed to be from an industrial showroom), and the soaps and shampoo were very nice.

My bed was plush and comfortable. The heat/air conditioner was easy to regulate.

The view from my room was great! The Lake in the distance and the park below...if only the sun had come out!

I had room service for dinner two times, and each time it was quick and the food was excellent.

I would highly recommend the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, and I will stay there again on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Julie C,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that your last minute trip worked out so well. I am particularly pleased that your received such outstanding service. I will share your feedback with the Director of Engineering regarding the lighting.

I hope your travels bring you back to Chicago soon.

Kind Regard,
Dumont, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We picked this hotel based on location. We were visiting my sister who lives just a few minutes away by foot. Very nice hotel, room was decent sized and very clean and well kept. We had a view of the lake and were able to watch the fireworks at Navy Pier both Friday and Saturday nights from our room.

Great location, very close and walking distance to many major attractions. We walked to Michigan Avenue to take the Shoreline architectural tour, the Shedd aquarium, the Children's museum and Millennium Park.

Also walking distance to CVS and Mariano's (amazing supermarket) for any needed supplies.

Didn't have any special amenities for children but I would recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim G
Dear Kim G,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that your family enjoyed their trip to Chicago and were able to enjoy some of Chicago's best attractions.

I hope to welcome your family back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is just amazing! We upgraded to a suite and it was just fab! The view of the park was stunning. The room was clean and spacious just as the fairmont should be. The breakfast was great! No buffet as it was Easter weekend but the food was great anyway!!!
The only criticism would be when we checked in the lady at reception didn't tell us where anything was and seemed a bit distracted so we had to explore the hotel for ourselves.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janenormanjnr
Dear Janenormanjnr,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us over Easter weekend. I appreciate your comments and will share your feedback with the Director of Front Office.

Views are even better in the summer, I hope to welcome you back soon.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is another of the very high quality Fairmont hotels. Service, cleanliness and amenities are all first class. I always stay at a Fairmont, whether for business or pleasure, whenever I can.

One surprising disappointment was the concierge service. Both the knowledge level and accuracy of information provided was very dependent upon who was on duty at the time. Best to double check addresses, locations and prices provided to you.

Room Tip: Do your own math to determine whether the upgrade to the Gold Rooms is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Talisker55,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts have a legendary standard of beautiful hotels and great service. It is always an honor to receive praise from a frequent Fairmont guest. I have shared your comments with the Chef Concierge, thank you for the feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This was the start of our route 66 trip and we were not too impressed.

We arrived at 5pm and our room was not ready.

Room was clean and very spacious. The location is good, the staff were very friendly.

We were surprised at the cost of $65 a day to park the car and there was a further cost for wi fi.

I just feel it could have been a better experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends