“Overall very good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Surrey
“Overall very good”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great location. Everything is walking distance. I was there with my 4 year daughter and 18 month old son. Hotel was great for our family. We did not rent a car. Food was very good at the hotel. Only con was no pool.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Sukhi J,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that your family enjoyed their stay especially the cuisine and the location.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Windy City soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Greenville
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I loved the location and ambience of the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago. The staff was great, and the concierge lounge was exceptional. I recommend purchasing this upgrade if you travel with your family.. It made all the difference and was expensive but worth the money.

Dear Mary L,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that your family enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold. I will share your comments about your experience with our Gold Lounge Manager.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We loved our spacious room, super comfy beds, and the excellent staff! Chris at the front desk took good care of us & the housekeepers made sure we got extra coffee.
The location was perfect for sightseeing & shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ArdenJ
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear ArdenJ,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you had a pleasants night sleep as well as sightseeing and shopping. I will share your praise with Chris.

If your travels bring you back to the Windy City, I hope you will think Fairmont.

Willow Springs, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Fairmont this past weekend for a staycation. If you're looking to explore the city, this is the place to stay. Very close to Michigan Ave and millennium park as well as the Mag mile. The rooms and bathroom are very nice and pretty modern. I would suggest parking in one of the loss nearby instead of paying $65 for valet. I parked around the corner for $24.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LMOO834
Dear LMOO834,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend in Chicago and hope you got some good shopping in.

I hope you are able to get back to the city this summer.

Avalon, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 June 2014

In town to visit family and choose the Fairmount Chicago based on positive experience with the Fairmount in Wash. D.C. Stayed on the Concierge floor, aka the Gold Floor. Excellent personalized service from all hotel staff we interacted with throughout our four night stay.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear JARME,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will share your positive comments with the Fairmont Gold Team.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont Chicago soon.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stay in downtown Chicago quite regularly and there are many places we enjoy. However, the Fairmont is super for sure. The location is perfect to Millenium Park, Michigan Ave, Navy Pier for starters! The staff is extremely kind and helpful. The rooms are good sized, beautiful bathrooms with separate shower and toilet areas, comfortable beds and the few times we have stayed we have had amazing views of Lake Michigan and the new Lake Shore East Park, which is across the street. If you are doing self park, which we typically do, it is convenient to the hotel and the cheapest in the area. There is a nice bar and restaurant in the beautiful lobby and many other places to eat or shop within a block or so. I honestly cannot think of anything that has not been a good experience for us and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear kwhitesure,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and the glowing recommendation. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I am thrilled that our accommodations and the location served your needs while exceeding your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had to take a last minute business trip to Chicago, during the busiest convention week of the year for Chicago....plus the Jazz festival was in full swing. I think I got the last room, probably due to a cancelation, in Chicago which I found through www.booking.com at midnight the day I was leaving. I wanted a safe hotel in a good location, and I found the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park. Almost everything about this hotel was splendid!

The lobby was very active when I checked in, and the front desk personnel was helpful and professional. I had a new credit card that caused a glitch in my check in, but it was handled well.

To my surprise, I was upgraded to the Gold Club level, which included personalized concierge service, a wonderful and fresh free breakfast each morning, hors d'oeuvres in the evening, and desserts after dinner. The Gold Club overlooks Lake Michigan and a beautiful park area. The Club room is clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly, and efficient. Breakfasts at 6:00 am were the best part of a very stressful trip!

My room was clean and nicely decorated. My one complaint was that although the room had energy efficient lighting, it needed more, or more powerful light bulbs, especially in the bathroom and toilet area. The fixtures in the bathroom were very nice (except the toilet, which strangely didn't match and seemed to be from an industrial showroom), and the soaps and shampoo were very nice.

My bed was plush and comfortable. The heat/air conditioner was easy to regulate.

The view from my room was great! The Lake in the distance and the park below...if only the sun had come out!

I had room service for dinner two times, and each time it was quick and the food was excellent.

I would highly recommend the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, and I will stay there again on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Julie C,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that your last minute trip worked out so well. I am particularly pleased that your received such outstanding service. I will share your feedback with the Director of Engineering regarding the lighting.

I hope your travels bring you back to Chicago soon.

Kind Regard,