“okay but would not stay here again.”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #90 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lincoln, Nebraska
“okay but would not stay here again.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great location but i found the hotel and service to be just average. I requested a king bed but got two double beds (quite small). parking is valet only and overpriced. i get valet parking in midtown NYC for less.

1 Thank santiago c
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear santiago c,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I value your comments and appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, parking in Chicago is quite expensive. For your next hotel stay, may I suggest that you looks at hotel packages. Many hotels offer packages that include parking at a discount.

I hope your travels will bring you back to the Windy City soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Troy
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Fairmont Chicago was nice. Friendly service. Close to Millennium Park, Navy Pier, a Giordano's, CVS, Trolley stop, and more. Taxis always available. Beds are small but comfortable. Plentyof room for 4 with a great view. Minimal noise. Join the loyalty program for free...it's worth it!

1 Thank Leah R
Dear Leah R,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant night's sleep.

Sounds like you visited many of Chicago's attractions, I hope you will be able to come back soon to see a few more.

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The location is perfect! It's close to just about everything we wanted to see. The room was bigger than I'd expected from some of the reviews, the much-needed air conditioning was in good working order and the staff was helpful and friendly. My biggest problem: the toilet room was dirty. I'm not great at cleaning, but I would never let what looked like two weeks' worth of dust and dirt accumulate in my house. Very creepy and disgusting. I didn't go in there barefoot. The price of the room wasn't too unreasonable, but it was enough that there should be free WiFi in the rooms. I refused to pay the required $14 out of principle. And the refrigerator wasn't turned on. We figured we'd probably have to pay to have it work and refused again out of principle. But the coffee packs were my favorite Starbucks variety: Caffe Verona! Bottom line: great location, but the filthy bathroom floor and the lack of free WiFi were far from great.

1 Thank Mary Lu W
Dear Mary Lu W,
Thank you fo posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that enjoyed your stay and the hotel was convenient to everything you wanted to see. I am quite concerned about your guestroom and will share your comments with the Director of Housekeeping. May I suggest you join our guest recognition program, Fairmont President's Club? President's Club members receive complimentary internet and access to the Fitness Center.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Windy City soon.

Galesburg
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We took a quick weekend trip to Chicago to celebrate our anniversary and chose this motel since it had so many on-site amenities. We were impressed with the champaign and chocolate covered strawberries that were specially presented on a hand decorated plate wishing us a happy anniversary. After attending a play in the theater district we had a delicious dinner in the Aria restaurant. We decided to splurge by adding on dessert. While it was very artistically present, we found it was only low average in taste and overall quality especially in comparison to the dinner. The following day, we experienced a wonderful relaxing massage in the beautiful on-site spa; again being treated to champaign and chocolate covered strawberries at the conclusion. Service on the Gold Floor including concierge, breakfast, & snack was excellent. The view of the Lake Michigan and Navy Pier was an added perk. The entire staff was extremely helpful and considerate of our needs. Overall cost was higher than we typically spend but probably in line with other Chicago hotels of this caliber.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeff M,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. Happy Anniversary and thank you for choosing the Fairmont for your celebration. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend on Fairmont Gold and your dining experience in Aria.

I hope that we will become a part of your Anniversary tradition year after year.

Hotel Manger
Surrey
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great location. Everything is walking distance. I was there with my 4 year daughter and 18 month old son. Hotel was great for our family. We did not rent a car. Food was very good at the hotel. Only con was no pool.

Dear Sukhi J,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that your family enjoyed their stay especially the cuisine and the location.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Windy City soon.

Greenville
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I loved the location and ambience of the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago. The staff was great, and the concierge lounge was exceptional. I recommend purchasing this upgrade if you travel with your family.. It made all the difference and was expensive but worth the money.

Dear Mary L,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that your family enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold. I will share your comments about your experience with our Gold Lounge Manager.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We loved our spacious room, super comfy beds, and the excellent staff! Chris at the front desk took good care of us & the housekeepers made sure we got extra coffee.
The location was perfect for sightseeing & shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ArdenJ
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear ArdenJ,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you had a pleasants night sleep as well as sightseeing and shopping. I will share your praise with Chris.

If your travels bring you back to the Windy City, I hope you will think Fairmont.