“Elegant Escape in Chicago”

Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
Ranked #90 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Excellent staff! Professional, courteous & caring from the front desk, to the bell man, to the cleaning staff really the whole staff was just fantastic! Good location, close to Magnificent Mile, Millenium Park, the waterfront and some other restaurants. It's also helpful that it's close to a CVS. Not thrilled about internet charges or fee for fitness center--hate being nickled and dimed when I'm at a hotel. Eno Wine Bar was nice--needs more by-the-glass offerings. Decor or lobby and room were really elegant and unique. Breathtaking views of the city skyline--I really enjoyed the view!

Bottom line: An elegant escape in the city that's close to perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Leeann B
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Leeann B,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay especially the service and the view.

May I recommend that you join our guest recognition program prior to your next stay? President's Club membership is complimentary and guests enjoy complimentary fitness center and internet access.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stay here often when on business in Chicago. I like that the hotel is quiet at night and the lobby is very nice. Bathrooms are good size too. I usually don't have issues when I am there but this time housekeeping did not leave washcloths in my room twice and they took my extra pillows when they cleaned. Also, a bulb was out in the bath. All was fixed but annoying to have to call to get it done. Love that they have work out clothes for me to use!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Bonnie R

Dear Bonnie R,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, but wish it had been a seamless as your previous stays. Fairmont has a legacy of extraordinary service, this level does not meet this expectation.

I look forward to your next stay when you can experience over 100 years of hospitality.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked a suite for the weekend to celebrate a night out on the town with a friend of mine who is getting married. Made the reservation a month ahead of time, got to the hotel at check in time and was told my suite had been cancelled. Instead, I was given two rooms. This did not work for the group of girls I had coming in. Aside from this, there were no rooms ready when I got there. I had to wait an hour for two rooms to become available. Everyone else in line who had suites were told the same thing. Some people were even asked to pay extra! Typically when a hotel makes such a high mistake, they provide the customer with something free, a breakfast, drink at the bar ect. Not here! All I got was an attitude from the front desk person. For a luxury hotel, they sure have problems keeping their reservations straight! How can anyone book with confidence knowing their reservation can just be cancelled on a whim.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank paty d
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We expected a business hotel in a great location but what we got was soooo much more! The front desk did their best to find an appropriate room for our early check-in and the upgrade cost for the Gold Level paid for itself immediately. The Gold lounge saved the day as my husband and I were able to enjoy early coffee and breakfast while our teenagers slept in. The concierge in the Gold Lounge - Spencer - was an amazing fountain of helpful knowledge. I had booked our family's Chicago get-away on the fly and was really unprepared. Spencer to the rescue! With maps, suggestions, discounted tickets, reservations, you name it, he was ready and able to help maximize our visit....and his advice was always spot-on. Concierge service does not get better. Take full advantage and enjoy your trip like we did.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tami R,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that your family enjoyed your stay and will share your warm comments with Spencer. I agree he is an amazing asset to the Fairmont Gold Team.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont Chicago soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed one night with our two children. The location was great, an easy walk to the Chicago Loop, a little too far to walk with a toddler and a baby to the Navy Pier. The room was beautiful, the carpet a little shabby, but the rest of the furniture was clean and the beds were super comfortable. Professional check in and beautiful lobby, quiet sleep. No breakfast is served here, but the staff were friendly to us and gave us good tips and ideas of what to see in the city. Pleased overall!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephanie R,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that your family enjoyed their stay and their trip to Chicago.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent a long weekend sightseeing in Chicago and we couldn't have found a better location so close to everything we wanted to see and do! We parked our car in a nearby parking garage (that was 1/2 the price of the hotel valet) and never went back to it until we were leaving town. You can walk everywhere! So close to Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Michigan Ave. and all the lake activities.

The hotel bathroom was also a major plus! The toilet area is private from the rest of the bathroom with it's own door which was very helpful when more than one of us was getting ready at the same time. The shower is separate from the bathtub and was beautifully tiled like a bathroom in a modern home. There is also an extra area right outside the bathroom with a mirror and ledge to do makeup or your hair, again a nice addition when multiple people are getting ready at the same time.

The beds were super comfortable and the air conditioner was quiet, unlike other hotels we've stayed in.

We will definitely be back on our next trip to Chicago!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear jkershner,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am ecstatic that you enjoyed your accomodations and found the hotel to be conveniently located near all Chicago's best attractions.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Second trip to the Fairmont Chicago this year. Exceptional service, rooms are well kept and comfortable. I try to book with the Fairmont whenever possible and have never had a bad experience. Chicago's staff was very helpful and friendly. The gym facility is nice as well. Plenty of cardio machines and weights.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thomas Michael M,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am ecstatic that you once again enjoyed your stay and truly believe the best testimonial is a guest that returns.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont Chicago soon.