“pleasant surprise”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Girlfriend getaway. We also went for the taste of Chicago. Sight seeing and good eating. Catch up with friends who we haven't seen in years. The hotel was clean the beds were comfortable and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Lineica M,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your girls weekend. Taste is a ton of fun and I am glad that you were comfortable for catching up.

Come back and visit us for your next girls getaway.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Slept through my wake up call and staff from the hotel came to knock on my door. Really nice staff also provided water bottles for use in the gym since they only have cups and a water cooler. WIll use the 15% off next time I stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Amanda T,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that your service lived up to the legacy of Fairmont hospitality.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Burnaby
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am allergic to dust and my room was very filthy. Behind the TV and bed there was mountains of dust. My bathroom paper holder was on the floor. I got bit my 5 mosquitoes while sleeping and I never opened the windows.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Doctor B
Dear Doctor B,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I have shared your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping. May I suggest a PURE room for your next hotel stay. PURE technology available at several hotels including the Fairmont Chicago offers technology to help allergy suffers enjoy a soothing stay.

I hope your travel brings you back to the Windy City soon.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I wasn't familiar with this hotel and only wound up staying there because the whole city was booked. I paid a small fortune, but it was a weekend when even the hotels at the airport were $200+. Beautiful lobby, very nice location between river and park (close to Swisshotel and Hyatt Regency). VERY nice room , good layout, modern clean yet luxe decorated room. I enjoyed the window seat where I could look south toward park and also see the lake. It was probably the nicest room I've had in Chicago except for Park Hyatt.

The bathroom was also big and beautiful and I spent QUITE SOME WHILE in the rain shower marble walk-in shower.

I was a little disturbed to have to spend time on the phone signing up for the Fairmond loyalty club in order to get in the work out room without a fee, but it wasn't a huge deal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear litespeedchick,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay especially the view and your guestroom amenities.

The next time you are in Chicago, I hope you will think Fairmont.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Overall very good stay. Love the location, food and general staff service at expectations.
The Wi-Fi is free if you join their loyalty program. But it can be a bit slow at times. Called their customer service and was upgraded for free to a VIP faster service. Data moved much faster after that.

Easy to take blue line from Ohare airport for 5 bucks and it drops you off 6 blocks from hotel.

They missed my morning paper delivery one day but it happens.

I'd go back and stay on a future visit.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Sportsinfo101,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted your enjoyed your stay especially the location and cuisine.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Fairmont had really nice rooms with an amazing bathroom. The service from the hotel staff was great. Most importantly the location was premier for Chicago, close to most landmarks and public transportation. I would highly recommend staying here for anyone visiting Chicago.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Daniel C,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay especially your accommodations and the location.

I value your recommendation and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kansas City, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Fairmont for 3 nights in July. It's a very nice hotel. Upon walking in, the lobby was luxurious. The checking in and out process went quickly and smoothly. Our room didn't disappoint either. It was on the 12th floor (1207) and tucked back in a quiet corner. There were no problems with street noise or noise from within the hotel. Room had two beds that were smaller than typical full/double sized beds. The room and bathroom were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom had both a shower and bathtub with a separate room for the toilet (amusingly had a phone as well). I was disappointed that wifi wasn't automatically free, but have realized now that you can sign up for the Fairmont President's Club and get access to wifi for free. I would definitely suggest signing up, because the cost for wifi was > $10/day. There was an umbrella available in the room, which came in handy on the day it rained while we were there. On the day we checked out, our flight back to KC was late and we appreciated that the hotel held onto our bags for free while we were enjoying the day in Chicago.

I can't comment on many of the hotel's amenities (fitness center, spa, Aria restaurant, breakfast), because we spent most of our time out and about in Chicago. I can say that the hotel's location was perfect for us to walk about the city. The #2 restaurant in Chicago (Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe) is right around the corner. Millennium Park is also extremely close (5 minute walk). The Art Institute is about a 10 minute walk and the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium area is about 20 minutes. Navy Pier also took about 20 minutes to walk to. There's a CVS right across the street where we got snacks/other items that we needed. We took the orange L-train to and from the hotel, which involved walking about 10 minutes between the stop and the hotel.

As a whole, I would like to return to Chicago sometime in the future and would stay at the Fairmont again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah E,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be conveniently located.

If your travels bring you back to the Windy City, I hope you will think Fairmont.