“Fairmont in August”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chesterfield
“Fairmont in August”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice hotel. There is a very small lobby for such a large hotel. It is not particulary inviting either. In addition, there were no newspapers in the room or lobby, no coffee in the lobby, and no gym. The property has no landscaping.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Bryan T,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback and I wish our lobby was larger.
I hope to welcome you back soon so that you may experience our 24 hour Fitness Studio in mySpa and our new Starbucks Coffeemakers in our guestrooms.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here at the start of our Route 66 part of our honeymoon. We had booked a Suite with a view of the Park to treat ourselves. It was a very nice room, however there was no breakfast included and for the rate we were paying it would have been nice to have that included. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice. Wifi cost extra. To be honest, I expected a little bit more of the 'wow' factor but I was disappointed. Location was great but would stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontChicago, Manager at Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear lill-miss-sunshine,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. Congratulations on your wedding. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations.

I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon.

Clarkston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent hotel in the heart of the city. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room service food was very good and the concierge was extremely helpful. Valet parking as well as checking in and checking out was convenient and easy.

Dear Matthew S,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was friendly and courteous.

If your travels bring you back to the Windy City, I hope you will think Fairmont.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park is a very nice hotel in a great location. It was easy to walk to many locations along Michigan Avenue, and as you can guess by the name, Millennium Park is very close as well.

There are some great places to walk or run along the river and along the lake, and the area is completely full of wonderful restaurants and shopping.

The lobby restaurant, "Aria," has a delicious breakfast buffet, and while I did not eat dinner there, their lunch had some great salads on it among other interesting looking items.

I have to say that the individual rooms were not well thought out. The furniture (at least in a couple of rooms that I have seen) always seemed a little out of alignment, and the mattress was not as comfortable as I had imagined it would be. When I set my bag down on the coffee table, it fell over, because it was only designed with three legs!

I would probably recommend this hotel to a friend, but it would depend on what price they were offered. At a certain point, I think you could probably find a better room for your money at a similar level hotel in the same part of town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear ltmski,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Windy City soon.

Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

When I was told our group was staying at Fairmont, I was really looking forward to an amazing hotel experience but it wasn't anything I don't regularly receive at Marriotts. The food was incredibly expensive though the quality was good.

Dear Lindsay W,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Fairmont has over a century of great hospitality and I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you what legendary Fairmont service is.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Windy City soon.

South Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our meeting was scheduled at the centrally located Fairmont Chicago Millenium Park Hotel.The Hotel Front Desk Services were outstanding with expedited check-in/out services.The Concierge Desk was welcoming and ever ready to help my every need.My room was quiet and soothing.I truly enjoyed the in-room coffee service with my favorite coffee.Lots of great restaurants with-in walking distance.This is the place to stay in Chicago!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael F,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay especially your accommodations and the coffee.

I hope to welcome you back to the Fairmont soon.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was expect a better service from the fairmont hotel, but this one just delivered average service. The wait time to check in is a bit long due to the people checked in prior to us was complain about they didn't get the room they asked for. When we are checking in, there is no apology about the wait time. I understand is not their fool, but at least try to be polite about it. The room was great, great size, nice and clean. Bed is a bit too soft, but still really comfortable. Second day when we check out, it took no time to check out. They didn't even ask how was my stay, just check me out. Which is another minus. And the bell desk person is a bit impolite when we want to store our luggages, it's not the word he said just the attitude when he is doing his job.

Overall, the stay is ok, the hotel deliver what it should deliver. And nothing special about it. Great location with great price. But just ok service.

Room Tip: There is supermarket just around the corner which open till mid-night.
Green Features: Just what all other hotels did, if you want to reuse your towels hang back on the rack.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jackhsu1
Dear jackhsu1,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and found the bed to be comfortable. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to treat you to our legendary Fairmont hospitality.