“Weekend Stay”

Hotel Blake Chicago
Ranked #34 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

From Natalie, who made my reservation to the Bellman; The customer service was world class. Check in was smooth, the room was very nice and we loved the amenities. The hotel is conveniently located and surrounded by great restaurants and taverns. Gino's across the street was a find for food, drinks and sports. We will be back.

2  Thank Concierge49
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! Our staff strives to meet the needs of our travelers and we are thrilled that we could make your stay memorable. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your business and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed here from Aug 5th to the 7th. We arrived to early to check in, asked the bell captain for a restaurant recommendation, which was Blackies, (see reviews, we were pleased). Upon our return, I explained to the desk clerk, we would be entertaining friends from England and would need to have a room that would accommodate sitting in chairs, after a short discussion we agreed upon upgrading to a corner suite (with a nominal charge). We and our friends were impressed and satisfied with the room.The huge windows gave them wonderful views of Chicago. Living area had large L shaped sofa, two chairs, dining area had table with six chairs and buffet. Separate bedroom had large comfortable bed. Bathroom had separate tub from toilet. We were given drink and breakfast coupons. This hotel is located in historic printers row (history of Chicago is very interesting). We enjoy friendly staff, hotel staff here are helpful, always greet you and assist you with requests. It is also only a few blocks from Buddy Guys, our friends had come to the US to travel The Blues Highway, with Chicago being their last stop. They were quite pleased to be able to visit us at the Blake and be so close to a great Blues Club. I would recommend staying at The Blake.

Room Tip: When checking in tell the desk what is important to you, is it views, space, noise, I found that whe...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to assist making your experience at the hotel memorable for you and your friends. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I certaintly did not know what to expect coming from out of town, but I was let down. When you make a reservation online, I guess it is really a roll of the dice, but you pretty much base it on reviews. When we arrived, I thought, this is a nice place...I was wrong. Went to the room and was tired from the 5 hour drive so we did not look at much. Did notice though when the door man was in the room, he stated the "Voss" water was not free. I was like... Okay... Looked at the bottles out of curiosity and you can tell they had been opened and resealed. The bottles also had dust caked on the top. No biggie I guess, but I might have bought it but for that fact. After having dinner, we decided it was time to relax... Haha... Went to lay on the bed and it moved when we got in and also squeked to high heaven. The next day got off to a great start... Not... Got in the shower and while showering, I noticed I was standing in water.... Gross...got over that fact and then realized the shower was not clean... Mold and mildew. Yuck! Curiosity got the best of me, so I started looking around the bathroom. The place was filthy upon further inspection. Also, the paint was peeling off the ceiling. The door had stuff flung all over the bottom, and under the sink near the floor was disgusting as well. Walked out of the bathroom and noticed on top of the dresser, which is covered with glass, the glass was filthy. Also, dust everywhere, nightstands old and nasty and also the safe that was provided in the room had ring stains on the top. The next day, I had stopped back in the hotel to change shirts and the cleaning lady had just been in there. Well, the place was still filthy. I just could not believe it. I will never stay in this hotel again!! So disappointed that you pay that much for a hotel and that is what you receive.

1  Thank ppsgrl38
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your review of the Wyndham Blake Chicago. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. I apologize for the situation that you endured during your stay at our hotel. At the Wyndham Blake Chicago, we strive to uphold the highest of standards to meet the needs of our travelers, and I apologize if we did not meet your expectations. I have passed your comments in regards to the issues with cleanliness to our General Manager as well as our housekeeping department. You will be pleased to hear that each of your concerns that you expressed in your review has been addressed. Again, we apologize for your experience and hope that you will give us another chance to show you the best that we have to offer our guests.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed here in June and found that it was a great hotel. The hotel staff were nice and helpful and our room was very clean and comfortable. We went to Blues fest and it was a 5 minute walk from the hotel to grant park. The hotel was a quick walk to both Michigan and State and you can walk to most attractions in the loop within in about 45 minutes. A big plus is that it was probably the easiest and cheapest experience getting to and from the airport we've had. The blue line for the el is less than a block away and it takes you directly to O'Hare. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your excellent review of the Wyndham Blake Chicago! We are happy to hear that our staff, accommodations, and proximity to cultural events, attractions, and transportation. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

When we arrived my wife told the front desk this was our first visit to Chicago so they gave us a nicer room,5th floor.The view was awesome.Everything you want to do is walkable except we trained it to Wrigley.The hotel is very clean,staff very courteous,couldn't ask for more.This is great place in Chicago that all the employees should be proud of themselves for keeping.

Room Tip: Our room was a corner room that had big windows to see a couple views from.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. We are thrilled to hear that we could be a memorable part of your first trip to Chicago! Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming sales and promotions. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon for your next stay with us in the Windy City!

Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the Coldplay concert and it was just a few minute drive to United Center and just about a 15-20 minute walk to Michigan Ave. Valet parking was a bit pricey at $44 but our vehicle was safe and they brought it promply whenever we needed it. What I really appreciated was the customer service and great rooms! We were running late for check-out ans tey let you stay an hour past for free and $50 for an add'l hour, but we were held up at the restaurant we were at for lunch, but when I called Michael in guest services gave us an extra hour to get back for free. We will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: August 2012
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a memorable visit at our hotel. I have passed your comments along to Michael and he was happy that he could help with the accommodations of your trip. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed four nights for the Lollolpazola music festival... As soon as we arrived we were greeted at the door. The room we had was a great size.... The bed is extremely comfortable... The location of the Hotel is perfect. We walked to grant park and wherever else we needed to go.. Gino's East pizza is across the street.. I would stay again...

Room Tip: When I called and made reservations. I asked for a room with a view... To some it may not matter bu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! We are glad to hear that we were a memorable part of your Lollapalooza experience in Chicago! Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again next year for the music fest!