“Large rooms, good value”

Hotel Blake Chicago
Ranked #33 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Concord, New Hampshire
“Large rooms, good value”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Asmazed by the size of the room and bathroom; comfortable but not ostentatious. Staff friendly, wi-fi worked well.
Bathroom had a great shower!
Neighborhood is pleasant - close to downtown, but less busy. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up or with a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DanAreWise
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback of the Hotel Blake Chicago. Our staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with special notice of our spacious rooms, convenient location, and accommodating amenities. We appreciate your comments in regards to our property and look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lovely property, great people, great room. I was in Chicago visiting my company headquarter and this is the best Souith Loop hotel I have found. The adjoinign restaurant was fine, as is Gino's across the street. I will be back next trip to Chicago!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank DeHypnotist
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Hotel Blake Chicago! I appreciate your kind words in regards to our spacious rooms and friendly staff. We value your business and look forward to your future return to our property.
Batavia, IL
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was a disappointment. I was originally booked at the Chicago Hilton for a convention, but due to overbooking, I was sent here. The staff at the front desk was polite and knowledgable. The room itself was the problem. The bathroom was dingy. The toilet was broken - the tank top was from a different toilet and it didn't fit. The toilet didn't flush. There was no hot water in the shower. The bed was very squeaky. - almost every time I moved I dealt with noise. I was given a room right off the elevator, which can often be noisy. This was not. It was quiet. I'm lucky I was there less than 12 hours total, and all I did was sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. I apologize for the issues endured with the room on your experience. I would appreciate it if you could reach out to us so that we can discuss the problems in detail and ensure that we can fix the issues for future guests. Please call the hotel directly at 312-986-1234. We value your business and hope we can show you the best we have to offer our guests on your next stay.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Hey our stay there was great! We stayed for 5 nights in February. Yes it was freezing in the city but it sure felt great to come back to our rom. The room was much larger than expected. the staff was attentive and polite. We had a package that included breakfast. It was great and well worth it. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel and the "El" 1.5 blks. And hey Genos across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Torreypat
Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience. I am happy you found our spacious rooms and friendly staff to meet your standards. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your next stay.
Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stay in downtown Chicago quite often but had never been to the Hotel Blake before. It is in a good location, about 7 blocks from Union Station and about the same distance from Michigan Avenue at Grant Park. It is near the Museum Campus, the Institute of Arts and the theater district. It is maybe a mile or so from the miracle mile area. The rooms were in excellent condition and very large, probably almost twice the size of the standard double room, and this had two queen beds. The bath was nice, well equipped and very new and clean. The staff was excellent. I would definitely stay here again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Larry P
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback of the Hotel Blake Chicago. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with special regards to our spacious rooms, convenient location, and friendly staff. We value your business and look forward to your stay again with us in the near future.
Detroit
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and daughter just got back form a three night stay at the Hotel Blake, and they loved it. They thought that the room was very comfortable and clean,and the hotel was very convienently located, especially in terms of eating eastablishments. But they really raved about the staff. They were very friendly, professional, and most of all, helpful. When I saked them if they would stay there again, they both answered with a resounding "Yes!"

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Prfbruce
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased to learn that your family enjoyed their time at our hotel with special notice of our spacious rooms and convenient location. Our staff is glad that they could assist you with your needs during your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us again soon!
Waterloo
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hotel Blake for 2 nights for my first time in Chicago. It was an excellent stay. The staff at Hotel Blake were awesome, providing professional and friendly service that really made my stay worthwhile. The doorman, Showtime, was extremely helpful with finding entertainment at night. The rest of the staff that helped me, including Michael, Rachel, Lisa and Dan, were also awesome.

The rooms were quite large and spacious, with vaulted ceilings and huge bathrooms. Definitely excellent value for the price. The room was clean and comfortable. A minibar would've been nice.

The location was great, close to everything you would need in downtown Chicago. Be sure to check out the restaurant attached to the hotel, Cafe meli. The food and service there was excellent as well.

I had a great time at the Blake and I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to others.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Han_Solo420
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with special notice of our friendly staff, spacious rooms, and convenient location. We will take your suggestion of a minibar in the rooms into consideration for future renovations. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay!