“A great boutique hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
new york
“A great boutique hotel”
Reviewed 17 December 2009

The hotel is very upscale and the service is excellent. Overall, a great value.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We had the opportunity to stay at the Hotel Blake during a last minute trip to Chicago. We kept going back and forth over booking here or spending almost twice as much to stay at the Palmer House Hilton. Because of the incredible rate and gorgeous photos, we decided to stay at the Blake. We honestly did not think it could ever measure up to what we saw online, but I am pleased to say that it vastly exceeded our expectations. Not only was it one of the most gorgeous, luxurious and comfortable hotels we have ever stayed in, but every single member of the staff was warm, friendly and incredibly accommodating. As we were attending a funeral the day we arrived, they allowed us to check in early (without charge) so that we could freshen up. The doorman were polite and helpful and the girls at the front desk a treat. Best of all, they allow pets, so our four legged friend was able to travel with us. We cannot say enough good things about the Hotel Blake!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
West Lafayette, IN
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I took my girlfriend to Chicago as a surprise anniversary present the weekend before Thanksgiving. I am unfamiliar with Chicago, but knew I wanted to stay near the museum and Millenium Park. On a value travel website, I found a rate for Hotel Blake less than half their advertised rate and I was sold. Reviews said it was 3-4 stars, but I really wasn't sure what to expect.

When we showed up, I was pleasantly surprised. It's in a good neighborhood, and only a few minutes walk from Michigan avenue. We checked in very late, but the desk staff was courteous and helpful, though we did have to unpack and carry our bags ourselves. Valet-parking was available from the hotel, but half price parking is available literally just down the street from the hotel. When we made it to our room on the 9th floor, I was amazed at the room. Large room, magnificent bed, good decorations, huge bathroom. There was no train or traffic noise on the 9th story, and we both got excellent sleep on the comfortable mattress. Free wifi, excellent soap, shampoo, body wash, etc... even a sewing kit. The room definitely deserved four stars, my only minor quibble was a little mold in the shower stall of an otherwise impeccable bathroom. We never really tried the TV, but the room clock connected to my ipod, which I thought was neat.

The free breakfast was great and unexpected, but I recommend getting there early as they ran out of donuts and danishes well before the posted closing time. Service was uniformly cordial and helpful, recommending good restaurants and nearby attractions. (awesome, but get there early). The pictures of Chicago posted on the Hotel Blake website were not representative of the actual view from the hotel, but google maps let me know what to expect in the vicinity. Overall, I heartily recommend the Hotel Blake and will probably stay there again if I can get the same rate.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 23 November 2009

When this hotel was booked for me I was somewhat skeptical as the price seemed to indicate a sub standard hotel but I thought it would be fine for one night. Boy was I surprised; this is a charming hotel with big rooms, very nicely designed and well appointed. My room had a spa like shower, a very good desk space to work at and free internet service. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Next door is a great restaurant the Custom House which I would recommend even if you were not staying at the hotel, so the fact that is right next door is a real bonus. This hotel will be on the top of my Chicago list of places to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I booked Hotel Blake for my recent visit to Chicago for a conference/vacation. The hotel was in a convenient location for the conference and super dining options (especially Tamarind). The hotel was superbly styled...fun and contemporary, rooms were very comfortable. Breakfast was simple but a wonderful start to the day. Staff was very pleasant and very helpful. Normally, I haven't traveled to Chicago much but having stayed at Hotel Blake I may make more impromtu trips to Chicago knowing I'll have a comfortable, fun place to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 19 November 2009

I stay at the Hotel Blake regularly for business, and it never disappoints. Clean, stylish, large rooms, nice bar, and attentive staff. My only complaint is the inconvenient ice machine location.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Madison WI
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We needed a Hotel 11/9/09 close to our buisness location, The Hotel Blake fit the bill perfectly. We could not have been more pleased. The entire staff was Very courtious, helpfull and pleasant.The price of our stay was surprisingly reasonable, and included parking. We enjoyed cocktails in the Custom House Resturant while enjoying the Chicago nightlife, followed by a complimentry continental breakfast the following morning. Thankyou! the Ericksons

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business