“Very pleasant”

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #64 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights for a conference. It's a great location and an easy walk/ cheap cab ride to quite a bit. Staff was SUPER nice and helpful. I didn't have all the other issues I see others did. Room service was quite pricey but isn't it always? I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ChiTowngalChicago
There are newer reviews for Swissotel Chicago

Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Quality hotel, very efficient but friendly staff. killer views from upper floors.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. The Swissotel was flawless. Bellstaff, doorman, and front office staff were very helpful and welcoming. My room on the 16th floor was very clean.The bed was very confortable and everything in the room worked. This hotel offers excellent value. Without a doubt, I will be a return guest.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Nicole E, Director of Public Relations at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear AlinDenver,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Swissotel Chicago.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Our very luxurious room had a terrific view of the chicago river and Navy pier. The staff was wonderful to us. We loved being so close to millenium park and navy pier. Since the hotel parking was quite expensive we parked at 1 of the millenium park garages to save money.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Donna M
Nicole E, Director of Public Relations at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Donna M,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the view of the Chicago River and Navy Pier. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Nice hotel. Not overly large. Good choice when staying in Chicago. But like everything in the City it's pricey.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed for a 5-night vacation. Loved the hotel! Had a wonderful room on the 33rd floor with a water view that also overlooked Millenium Park. The bed was very comfy. The room was very clean & rather large. The amenities were very nice. Nice having a fridge as well as a Keurig with which I could make tea as some hotels supply coffee but not tea. The robe was plush. The umbrella is a nice touch. The staff is fabulous here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Every time I walked out the door someone approached me & asked if I needed help. They did this in a very helpful way, not in an annoying manner. Got a very reasonable rate by booking through AA Vacations. Excellent location … close to several “L” stops, near many food establishments, lots of shopping nearby, walking distance to many tourist spots. My one big complaint with the hotel is the maid service. For some reason the maid touched my stuff. It was like being on a cruise ship. After the 1st time I went to the front desk & requested that they not touch my things. The woman was very helpful & sweet and put in a request with housekeeping. The next day was fine. However, the maid rearranged my things again on the following day. I don’t understand why the maid would touch piles of papers that someone left on the desk. Obviously I wanted the papers separated. I think she was totally out-of-line by touching my papers & putting them in 1 big pile. Everything on the desk was moved – my comb. hair barrettes, fruit, toiletries, etc – if it was there, it got moved!! The same thing happened in the bathroom. I don’t appreciate my toothbrush being touched by a stranger. These items were not in her way so I don’t know why she felt like she could or should touch them. I thought hotels want you to feel “at-home”. I was a little surprised to find the safe not working. Also, the tv lost the sound occasionally & the picture quite often. The front desk offered to send someone up to fix them when I was home but I didn’t feel like hanging around for a handyman. Saw other reviews regarding the lobby. It’s lovely now. Another nicety is the water with the fruit in the lobby. Must be really nice in the hot summers. Had a room near the elevators & they were so quiet I was never disturbed by them.

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooking the water & Millenium Park
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy_R-Philly

Dear Kathy_R-NJ,

Thank you for choosing Swissotel Chicago as the place to stay for your vacation.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our management team.

We value your feedback as it allows us to continuously improve.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Bellman, concierge, front desk, parking attendant - all very welcoming and helpful. Modern yet very comfortable furnishings in good-sized room with view of the river. Great bed with down quilt and huge feather pillows - just like Switzerland. Great service and variety in breakfast buffet - ordered omelets off the menu and didn't have to stand in line waiting for them. Short cab ride to museum campus, walk to top Michigan Ave. stores.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple