“A little bit of Europe in Chicago”
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #61 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Great location on the river and near the lake. Attentive staff. Cozy beds. Fabulous breakfast buffet with a continental vibe (but it costs extra). Highly recommended for a vacation or work-related trip.

Room Tip: Most of the west facing rooms have a great view of the river and the east facing look out on Navy Pi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,520)

Reviewed 17 October 2012

My mom, sister and I stayed here for a "girls trip" to Chicago. The front desk and concierge were always very friendly and helpful when we spoke to them or asked for suggestions. Check-in went smoothly and we were able to check into our room 3 hours early without any problems. Book a lake view room at this hotel. You'll get a spectacular view of the river, Navy Pier & the lake. I thought this was the highlight of the hotel.

The rooms themselves were nice, but nothing super fancy. Rooms had large windows, comfortable beds and a good sized bathroom. We couldn't hear noise from the hallways or from neighboring rooms. Housekeeping was helpful and left the additional towels & coffee we requested. The pool and hot tub are located at the top of the hotel & were a decent size. The pool /gym had nice views around the city.

We didn’t try any of the restaurants at the hotel.

The hotel was an easy walk to the Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, the loop, Navy Pier and many other attractions.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Alp A, Front Office Manager at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Dear Kristin7,

We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for your nice compliments about the quality of services. We will be looking forward to your next visit hopefully not in too distant future and please let us know if we can do further.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I recently attended a work meeting at this hotel and stayed for several nights. The accommodations were fine. Cool elevator system (high tech), though there was usually a line to get on an elevator. The food was par to sub par. Good location. Nice views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We chose the Swissotel based on the recommendation of a friend as well as location and price. It exceeded our expectations.

I called to confirm our reservations a day in advance and requested an early check in. Very early-9:00am early. Even though they did not guarantee it, when we arrived at 9:00am, our room was ready for us with an amazing view. They made every effort to accommodate my requests since there for a special occasion.

We were able to find a great rate online on BookIt and the process was nothing but smooth.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear KbSunshine,

Great to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and we would like to ensure this again upon your next visit . Please do not hesitate to let me know whenever your plans brings you to Chicago.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed here for a conference. At checkout, I was charged a breakfast I didn't have. I resolved this at checkout and it was removed from my bill. However, when I got my corporate AMEX bill it was placed back on there. All the while, I realized I left a white sweater on the bed. I called right away. I was told it hadn't been turned in yet. I left my contact info with lost and found. This happened 4x. I was always told I would be contacted either way. I know I left it on the bed as I was rushing out for the shuttle. My issue is I had to continue to call or email to get some answers. The manager did remove the AMEX charge. I never heard anything about my sweater. I'll take it as whoever has it needs it more than me. I just found dealing with this hotel an annoyance as a business traveler I don't have time to waste on continued follow ups. I have expressed this to our corporate travel dept so next year we will not be booking with them for the BMA or any other Chicago events.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HMRAtlanta
Alp A, Front Office Manager at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Dear HMRAtlanta,

I am very sorry to learn that we have failed to respond to your request in regards to the missing sweater. I have investigated the matter however could not reveal any similar items found in the month of May. I also apologize for the error handling your account. Although I am happy that this was resolved, I would like to investigate further to avoid similar situations in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at alp.akyuz@swissotel.com and I will call you at once to assist further.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I spend a LOT of time in hotels and especially in Chicago hotels, and I was disappointed by the Swissotel. The room is OK; it is a reasonable size, but the walls are paper thin and I could hear everything from next door! The cleaning staff is excellent and very friendly, but the overall hotel staff is super snooty (e.g. when I called to ask whether the hotel auto entrance was on Lower or Upper Wacker, they just wouldn't tell me, and I finally had to ask, "When you look outside, do you see sky, or the underside of a road?"). I could never get the internet in the room to work, and after four days, I just gave up. The gym is small and very hot; there was no attendant and I was unable to ask for headphones (the basket was empty, but it didn't matter anyway because the TVs on the treadmills didn't work anyway).

Overall, an OK experience, but I'm glad my money wasn't paying for it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank urologist

Dear Urologist,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we will certainly focus on the shortfalls at the fitness centre. I am happy to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading our internet infrastructure to provide better quality connection to our guests in the future. I look forward to another opportunity to provide you with a much memorable experience.

alp.akyuz@swissotel.com

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Very nice hotel, perfectly located. Underground access to Michigan avenue saves you from the rain a clody day! We stayed at the 39th floor and had a scenic view over the lake.
Good gym thats free to use. Only downside so far is that it is NOT free WiFi... and maybe to charge 8buck for a bottle of water is a little bit much...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jannel71

Dear Jannel71,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the fine services of our team members. I would like to kindly let you know that we have package options such as internet whenever you prefer to book through our website. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information. Once again thank you for choosing Swissotel Chicago and looking forward to welcome you again.

alp.akyuz@swissotel.com