“Swiss in Chicago”

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #64 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Room was comfortable, clean with nice linens. Internet connection in the room was terrible not only for me, but for collegues as well. Would have been nice to have better light in the bathroom (come on, what's up with that?).

1  Thank Rebecca K
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thanks for reaching out about your experience, Rebecca! I'm sorry about the internet connection, and I'll be sure to look into this issue. I appreciate you staying with us, and hope to have you back again soon!

All the best,
(312) 268-8255

Write a ReviewReviews (4,620)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

friendly atmosphere; excellent walking distance to all places to"be"; sensibly priced; spacious rooms and clean bath rooms; very good restaurant and vivacious bar; stay at the upper floors for a magnificent view

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

All wonderful comments that we're working very hard for, Oliver! Thanks for leaving such kind words about your stay, and I hope you'll visit us again the next time you're in Chicago.

Take care,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was my husband and my first trip to Chicago. The Swissotel is an amazing hotel with comfortable rooms and a beautiful view. Staff is friendly and accommodating. My husband and I travel often and it's been a long time since I've had such a great stay in a hotel. I would highly recommend the Swissotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

It means so much to read your recommendation, Christa! Thanks for the kind words on your stay with us while on your first trip to Chicago. Looking forward to having you back the next time you're in town!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Swissotel was an amazing hotel to host my meeting in Chicago. From the beautiful/clean décor to cozy guestrooms and delicious food- I would return in a heartbeat. My group also enjoyed their stay/meeting.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

We hope you do return in a heartbeat, Danielle! Thanks so much for reaching out about your visit, and I really appreciate you choosing our hotel for your meeting. Can't wait to have you back again soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A friend of mine and I booked this hotel for a vacation in May 2014. This hotel is amazing! It was conveniently located within walking distance of Millennium Park and Navy Pier.

Checking in was quick and easy, the rooms were comfortable and clean and all the staff were very attentive and available. I love the modern look of the lobby. Just a beautiful hotel!

Will definitely stay here again.

Anita Tygart
Huntsville, AL

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it's wonderful that you were impressed with our staff, too. Thanks for leaving such a kind review about your experience, Anita, and I look forward to your next visit to Chicago!

All the best,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Although the property is very beautiful and in a great location I was disappointed twice in the customer service at the hotel. It took a good twenty minutes for me to get checked-in and I was late to my first onsite meeting. I was behind a huge crowd of French travelers, but I felt like the hotel could have had more staff to manage the large crowd. We also requested a hard line for internet for one of our meeting rooms at 10 pm the evening prior to our large event (>100 people) and the hotel staff did not arrive to deliver the hard line until 2 minutes before our event was set to begin the next morning. The staff member seemed unconcerned with his lack of timeliness. We brought a large amount of revenue to the hotel by choosing this spot for our event - I fell like the hotel should take a second look at their customer service.

Room Tip: Great view from the 15th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

It's disappointing to hear that you weren't impressed with the customer service you received. That definitely doesn't sound like us, and we'd love the chance to folow up with you and make it right. Thanks so much for choosing our hotel for your event and for reaching out. I hope that you'll consider visiting us again in the future!

Take care,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Rooms were clean and quiet. Security was always present. Staff were helpful and friendly. Facility had a wonderful fitness center. Located conveniently to the Michigan Avenue shopping district. Great!

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

What kind words, Kevin! I really appreciate your review, and hope that you'll be staying with us again in the future. You're always welcome back whenever in the Windy City!

Safe travels,