“Good Option”

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #64 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for four nights while attending a conference at the hotel. Nice property in a fairly convenient location. Room was quite nice, though for some reason I had a hard time sleeping and I'm normally a sleep anywhere kinda guy. I don't understand why some hotels still charge extra for internet....feels like buckle and dimung and its a hassle to reconnect every 24 hours. Connecting multiples devices was a bigger hassle. Another issue was the service at the lobby bar during breakfast...more like, breakSLOW. had me running late a could times. Splurge on the extra employee and keep people happy.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing what you thought about your visit, and I'll definitely keep your comments in mind on the internet and breakfast. Hope you'll give us another chance in the future, and our team wishes you safe travels!

Take care,
(312) 268-8255

Write a ReviewReviews (4,617)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great location, services, views, and pool/gym and other amenities. I was able to connect laptop to TV to watch pre-recorded shows and DVDs. Self parking was a bit confusing and the internet connection was problematic initially. I will travel to this location again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Wonderful to hear you stayed with us while in Chicago, Roy! Thanks for staying with us, and letting me know what you thought about your stay. Can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed off the cuff for the second time at Swiss Hotel. Both times stayed (once last year, once this), I was accomodated at the last minute- treated like a VIP and provided a lovely room. I would stay more often if available when I (as usual) need to book at the last minute due to late night meetings! I recommended a friend in from NY and she stayed and also loved the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thanks so much for your recommendation, Nicole! I'm so pleased to hear that you've stayed with us twice, and have enjoyed both visits. Can't wait to have you back the next time you're coming to Chicago!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for 4 days over the 4th of July. We had a good experience, customer service was professional and courteous! The only drawback for us is that wifi was not included in the hotel stay. For this being 2014, including Wifi should be standard. The Palm restaurant located in the hotel was top notch!! If you visit ask for Janet as your waitress she was excellent! I recommend the chicken Parmesan....which is one of their best sellers. We didn't upgrade our room but still had a nice view of the river from our room!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tnjsaunders

Thanks for staying with us last weekend! I'm very pleased that you've enjoyed your stay, and we hope you'll be back for another wonderful getaway again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good solid hotel. Bit pricey. $65 a day for parking is too much. No coffee in room. Pool is great on 42nd floor. Restaurants are pricey. But Chicago is pricey in general. Rooms need a little TLC from maintenance.

1  Thank Chad S

I wish we could've wowed you on your visit, Chad. Thanks for reaching out about your experience, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the pool. I hope your trip home went smoothly, and I would love for you to visit for a much improved experience in the future!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Convenient location within walking distance of many attractions. Wonderful views from higher floors. Great staff and services. I would go back in a minute. Nice workout area, pool and spa on top floor with great views there too. No negative comments!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael L

Thanks for your wonderful review, Michael! I hope you'll be able to return again soon, too, and I wish you the best until then.

Much appreciated,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel during an weekend business trip to Chicago. This was my second stay at this hotel and the lobby area that was under construction during my last visit was completed. The rooms are well designed and comfortable. Amenities are top rate. Love the computerized elevators that keep waits to a minimum. Service was friendly and helpful all around. In addition the hotel has a great location along the river. Highly recommend at this price point.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for returning to our hotel! I'm glad that you've enjoyed staying with us, and I hope you'll be back to visit for a third time. Our team appreciates your recommendation!