“View of Chicago”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bloomington
“View of Chicago”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Staying at the Swissotel was an experience like non-other. Customer service was way above par.

However, after ordering an extra online of the champagne and strawberries I was a little disappointed that they weren't in the room upon arrival as I expected them to be. Maybe this is how it usually comes.

Despite the slight speedbump, the road to enjoying Chicago was smooth and exhilarating!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Jacob, we're so happy to hear we made your stay in Chicago a special one! We're sorry your champagne and strawberries weren't available as quickly as you expected, though--we will look into how we can make that a bit more clear. Thank you for your feedback and your praise, and we would be thrilled to have you back again!

(312) 268-8255

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Couldn't ask for better. Was there on business, rooms clean, staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast selection fairly good. WIFI available Free in lobby area but was a bit temperamental, available in room at extra cost. Good location, just a short walk from main shopping area.

Excellent shuttle service nearby to the conference centre.

• Stayed July 2014
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
It sounds like you enjoyed your stay, which is great to hear! We hope we made your business trip a pleasant one. Should you stay with us again (and we hope do you!), know that in addition to the free Wi-Fi in the lobby, we also have free Wi-Fi if you are to sign up for our free rewards program, Swissotel Circle.

Wishing you many more safe travels,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Swissotel in Chicago while my husband was on a business trip. The location was fantastic with beautiful views of the river and Miracle Mile and yet close to the Art Institute and all the Loop area has to offer. The hotel room was large, spotless and the bed was a dream. The bathroom was modern, clean and had I loved the artistic mirrors and how the shower adjustment was on the side of the shower you enter rather than under the spray allowing you to adjust water temperature without getting wet. The only drawback of this hotel is that the meal prices are geared to business travellers rather than tourists but then at a hotel like this you get what you pay for!

The incident that precipitated my writing this review was the handling of an item I accidentally left in my hotel room. Two week after my stay I realized my error, called the hotel and not only did they still have the item (logged and registered) they immediately took the steps necessary to return my item. All this with courtesy and utmost efficiency! Anthony and Bernardo were especially helpful! Thanks Swissotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Carol, I'm glad we were able to get things taken care of for you! I will be sure to pass your message along to Anthony and Bernardo, as I know that they will appreciate it.

It sounds like you enjoyed your stay, though, which is great to hear. Thank you for taking the time to spread the word about our location and accommodations! I'm not sure how often you and your husband find yourself in Chicago, but just know that we would love to have you back sometime!

All the best,
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

All I can say it is a little less then you expect. Nice location, but it is all. Company send me there and if I choose Inwould get somewhere else. Good breakfast and nice selections of booz in the bar i visited

• Stayed April 2014
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Peter, it's disappointing to hear that you were not more impressed by your stay here. Was there anything in particular that you thought we could have do better? If so, I encourage you to reach out to me directly.

Calgary
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Booked this through Priceline and got a super deal. This being our second time to Chicago, I was a bit concerned it was a bit far from the Michigan Ave, but we found a short cut that got us to Grant Park pretty quickly. The Hotel is at the end of a street so lacking for food choices, but 5 to 10 minute walk will get you lots of choices.

We came with our kids for four days before joining the in-laws in Saugatuck and came during Lalapalooza, security was very tight in the evenings and required your door keys to get elevator access. Plus when we checked in they had a code of conduct for all guests printed out. With the heavy party scene in the air we were pleasantly surprised at how quiet the hotel was! Once again I was disappointed with the lack of free WiFi (if McDonalds can give to their guests with $1 value menu item, why I can't get it at a nice hotel is beyond me) and we only found out on our last day that we had free pool access ... Nothing to write home about, we had more fun renting bikes and hitting all the major beaches.

Our check in experience was very special as the gentleman who helped us friended my 5 year old daughter and every time we walked in he shout out to her and ask how his BFF was doing. The staff where excellent and with Lalapalooza over the weekend then Conventioneers the very next day... We had no other issues.

I will add we took our 7 & 5 year old to Lalapalooza and the fact that we were much older than our music festival days, I was thrilled to take my kids to pretty awesome event ... Even if they were one of the youngest attendees around :)

A standard 4 star Hotel that serves its purpose.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Those are some lucky kids you have! It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time, and we truly appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

Should you stay with us again (and we hope do you!), know that we have free wifi available in the lobby, no password needed. It is also free if you are to sign up for our free rewards program, Swissotel Circle.

We're grateful for your feedback, and we'd love to have you visit us again down the line!

Take care,
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just returned from visiting Chicago, found hotel staff to be helpful, location was great, close walking distance to Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue, and Millennium Park. Overall hotel experience was good. Only negative is the over night parking was very expensive. Suggestion that over night guests should be charged less than $65.00 per night!

Room Tip: Ask for room with view to Navy Pier and a room on a floor higher up so that you can over see the cit...