“A great week!”

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #61 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My kids and I stayed here for 5 nights, the room were very clean, spacious and furnished beautifully. The pool/fitness facility was comparable to even some of the nicer clubs I've visited, but without the ridiculous membership fees, haha. The lobby is modern, classy and has numerous options for food, drink or just quiet relaxation. But by far the most enjoyable part of my stay was the treatment I recieved from the staff, from the politeness of Bellman to the thoroughness of the cleaning people, nothing less than exceptional. I want to make a special mention of the front desk Manager Stella, she is the Angel that saved our vacation after the inept staff at Travelocity botched my reservation then when I called to inquire they lied to me twice, left me on hold for long periods of time and then basically told me it was my problem. Thanks Stella!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Oh my goodness! I've responded to many reviews today, but I've never been complimented by name. It really means so much! Thank you for being such wonderful, patient guests as we sorted out the mishap with your third-party booking company. I'm so glad we made it work, even if it did take a little time. We hope to see you and your family back in Chicago soon!

Stella

Write a ReviewReviews (4,515)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Friendly staff and helpful. Very clean and organized. I did have to wait over an hour for the room to be ready but the view was so worth the wait. Will definitely go back! Perfect location for sight seeing and shopping!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

We're glad we could make that wait worth your time! Thanks for the great review and for being such a lovely and understanding guest. We hope to see you soon for more wonderful Chicago trips!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We finished our 5 week trip with 4 days at the Swissotel. We had noted other comments about wifi charges and joined the Swissotel Circle (free) before we arrived to get free wifi for our stay (it would have been $14.95 a day otherwise). On the 34th floor we had fabulous views across the city. Our room was spacious, beautifully clean and very well equipped. It had a fridge, room safe, dressing gowns, etc. The hotel does like to take your bags from your car to your room and generally provide these kind of services, so be prepared to have some tips ready. Everything is done very professionally as you would expect and staff are very helpful and courteous. If you are looking for a really nice hotel in Chicago this would certainly fit the bill.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pacuthbertson

Wow! A five-week trip! I bet that was such a blast. We're so happy you found the trick to the free Wi-Fi, and thank you for the kind words and wonderful review. We hope to see you back in the states soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Excellent Stay. Met with friends for a reunion, and the staff helped us get a suite that accommodated all of us. Hotel was in great shape, in a great location and we had a great time. Parking garage was hard to find, but we called up the hotel and they guided us right to it in minutes. Very good price compared to other hotels. I would highly recommend this for folks staying in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Thank you, George! We're happy we could make you and your friends' stay a comfortable one. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

A very nice experience at Swissotel, would recommend it for a stay to anyone wanting a nice visit to Chicago. I will be looking at the same place my next trip to the big city.
This questionnaire was far too long

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Great, Norman! Thank you so much for your kind words. Can't wait to see you again in Chicago!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Placed me in one of the smaller rooms w/significantly smaller bathroom and shower. I pay the premium to have this amenities-didn't get it. Swiss had been my favorite for the money, but not now. Other better hotels for the same price point.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't a positive one. If you have any additional comments on how we could have improved your stay, don't hesitate to contact me at the number below.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was very disappouinted upon unpacking and preparing to get settled in, The coffee maker had been removed as an in-room amenity. I even brought additional k-cups as the lst 2 years there was a kerig coffee maker. If you want coffee, be prepared to pay a hefty price for room service

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

We're very sorry to disappoint you, Matthew -- especially since you've been a dedicated guest for so long. If you come back and see us again, know that the bar downstairs also doubles as a Starbucks in the AM. Not many people know this, but our guests are usually thrilled to know they can get their routine Starbucks right in the lobby. If you have any other questions or would like to follow up, please feel free to contact me.