“Buyer Beware”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Buyer Beware”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Be advised, any rooms you book through groupon may not be what you think you are booking. Make sure to call the hotel to check if you select anything other than a king room. I thought I was getting a room with two doubles and was assured of this after contacting and checking with groupon three times. I NEVER received what Alex from groupon told me i was getting and had to book another room that cost me even more. I spent $900 for two rooms for just two nights. Ridiculous. To make matters worse, there is no coffee maker in any room. Coffee in the lobby is $3-4 per cup.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Hi, Diane - I sure hope you change your mind about staying with us again next time you're in Chicago. We'd love the chance to show you a perfect vacation.

(312) 268-8255

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mystic
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Most efficient elevators I have ever encountered . Wish the hotel had 2 queen beds instead of doubles. Very clean rooms with a refrigerator . I would definitely stay again. Close to Navy pier and great restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you, Douglas! We love that you loved the rooms and the location. We hope to see you back in Chicago soon.

Happy travels,
Dubai
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed only for a night. The booking was easy. Nice and descent Hotel; very good location. Clean guest room and a good internet connectivity. The stay was nice except for the parking. Hotel Parking (no self-parking; valet only) is expensive. Used a nearby Private Parking; that's somewhat expensive too.

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for the kind words -- all the way from Dubai, too! We're happy you were comfortable during your stay. Before you book your next visit, shoot us a message on Facebook or Twitter; it's not something we advertise, but we do give a social media discount to our followers. We'd be happy to set that up for you.

Charlevoix, Michigan
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our room on the 40th floor had an amazing view and comfy beds! The hotel was beautiful, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel is within walking distance to great restaurants, the Oriental Theatre, shopping, and the boat tours. We loved Eric the doorman, who greeted us in a black suit and top hat. The pool/hot tub and fitness room was wonderful! The only negative was the lack of a coffee maker in the room.

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for the five-star review! I'll let Eric know he got a shout-out. We're so happy we could make your stay a great one, and we hope to see you back soon.

Happy travels,
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My kids and I stayed here for 5 nights, the room were very clean, spacious and furnished beautifully. The pool/fitness facility was comparable to even some of the nicer clubs I've visited, but without the ridiculous membership fees, haha. The lobby is modern, classy and has numerous options for food, drink or just quiet relaxation. But by far the most enjoyable part of my stay was the treatment I recieved from the staff, from the politeness of Bellman to the thoroughness of the cleaning people, nothing less than exceptional. I want to make a special mention of the front desk Manager Stella, she is the Angel that saved our vacation after the inept staff at Travelocity botched my reservation then when I called to inquire they lied to me twice, left me on hold for long periods of time and then basically told me it was my problem. Thanks Stella!

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Oh my goodness! I've responded to many reviews today, but I've never been complimented by name. It really means so much! Thank you for being such wonderful, patient guests as we sorted out the mishap with your third-party booking company. I'm so glad we made it work, even if it did take a little time. We hope to see you and your family back in Chicago soon!

Stella
Chicago
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Friendly staff and helpful. Very clean and organized. I did have to wait over an hour for the room to be ready but the view was so worth the wait. Will definitely go back! Perfect location for sight seeing and shopping!

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
We're glad we could make that wait worth your time! Thanks for the great review and for being such a lovely and understanding guest. We hope to see you soon for more wonderful Chicago trips!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We finished our 5 week trip with 4 days at the Swissotel. We had noted other comments about wifi charges and joined the Swissotel Circle (free) before we arrived to get free wifi for our stay (it would have been $14.95 a day otherwise). On the 34th floor we had fabulous views across the city. Our room was spacious, beautifully clean and very well equipped. It had a fridge, room safe, dressing gowns, etc. The hotel does like to take your bags from your car to your room and generally provide these kind of services, so be prepared to have some tips ready. Everything is done very professionally as you would expect and staff are very helpful and courteous. If you are looking for a really nice hotel in Chicago this would certainly fit the bill.

1 Thank pacuthbertson
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Wow! A five-week trip! I bet that was such a blast. We're so happy you found the trick to the free Wi-Fi, and thank you for the kind words and wonderful review. We hope to see you back in the states soon!