“Great stay”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Excellent and friendly service throughout. We were there on a 3 nights for 2 promotion but the service was just as good as always. Very quiet room - seemed like we were the only ones on the whole floor. The rooms in this hotel are very high in the building - were we on 37. This allows for great views and keeps you away from the street noise. Great location at the north end of the Magnificent Mile - close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed here for a wedding, and I loved it. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, the room was beautifully furnished with high quality furnishings. The linens were very nice. The bathroom was gorgeous and very large. The floor I was on was very high and the windows were double paned so you could not hear a thing (this area of Chicago can be noisy). I didn't interact much with the staff because I didn't need to - I had everything I needed. The air conditioning worked great and was virtually silent. I literally wanted to move in (I asked), but unfortunately an apartment here goes for something over $15k a month.

The price for parking is a bit crazy, however - and note that the lobby is up 1 level from the main floor. They have recently redesigned the lobby - but not 100% so it looks a little strange with quasi modern furniture & a more classical backdrop in marble & carved ceilings.

You can stay in this neighborhood for a much lower price - at the Talbott, for example. I stayed there & the room was also very nice & quiet...and $100 less.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I needed a night away from work and our four kids we went to the Four Seasons and had the time of our lives. They have remodeled, the hotel was gorgeous and elegant. We would move in if we could. We hot tubed. We had the best time ever. Thank you, Four Seasons Chicago, you are the Best!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Details and attention to service are what set us apart and I'm glad to hear that you experienced these, as well as our newly remodeled lobby!

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed at The Four Seasons in Chicago for my Birthday over the weekend & had an absolutely amazing stay!! I'm a huge Four Seasons fan & really love their hotels- they are the epitome of what a real hotel is! I arrived early around 11:30a & my room wasn't quite ready. The lobby was very busy & many guests were checking-out, as it was Sunday morning. You enter the hotel via a small lobby, then take a separate set of elevators to Guest Reception on the 7th floor, where the Concierge is also located.

Dennis greeted me very warmly at the Front Desk & was so nice & soft spoken. He quickly welcomed me back & said he would text me when my room was ready. He came around to store my bags & provided a lovely welcome! I had lunch, then came back & my room was ready around 1:45pm. I was in 4208 on the 42nd floor, with a really stunning view of the city, Lincoln Park & the Lake- I really loved my room & the overall feel. The King Bed is truly amazing & I slept incredibly well- probably the best bed I've ever had in a hotel- I slept 2 hours past my wake-up call! (It's that comfy)- the sheets, pillows & comforter are so soft & inviting! The bathroom was spacious & had a spa-like feel, with a nice soaking tub, plentiful hot water, a powerful shower, lovely L'Occitane products, & comfy towels, etc.

I loved the subtle, neutral colors in my room & it was such a nice room to come back to after exploring the city- I really adored my room- it was super quiet & calm as well. All amenities were offered in my room- mini-bar, evening turndown service with ear plugs & complimentary Bottled water, robes, Silent very cold A/C, an umbrella, etc.

I ordered room service several times & each time the food was delicious! I was craving a Grilled Cheese with Avocado & Caramelized onions & it was probably the best I've ever had- even the chips were homemade- amazing!! Breakfast was also lovely the next morning overlooking my amazing view! Leah, Marni & Lance in room service were very polite over the phone & all of the waiters who delivered my orders were very charming & nice!

As I was celebrating my Birthday, a lovely little Chocolate Cake was sent up with a beautiful card from Jake in Guest relations, which was so sweet- such a lovely touch & it was delicious!! It was beautifully plated as well & a small dish of Chocolate truffles also came up. Just the best touch:)

The Love the overall feel of the hotel (it just feels very private, safe & comfortable), easy access to the 900 north shops, the rooms, etc. However, the staff is truly amazing & epitomize what Four Seasons service is! the bellmen always greeted me very warmly (even running back to the lobby to get a bottle of water for me as I was departing-thank you!!) Michael was very gracious to extend my departure time & he was so nice. Jackie is also fantastic at the Front Desk!! :) Everyone took excellent care of me & its just such a pleasure to interact with the people working here- everyone I came in contact with was sophisticated, very nice & utterly warm & professional! Amazing service like this is what makes a hotel stay special ~

I look forward to returning again very soon- I love the Four Seasons Chicago & it's definitely one of my favorite city hotels in the world!! Thanks for an amazing stay!

Patrick Winkler
01 Aug. 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We are on a 3 location holiday from UK and France and used to a high standard
The Four Seasons Chicago lives up to its reputation as a 5 star hotel
Everything about this hotel is wonderful everyone is friendly and very helpful catering to all our needs and more
Michelle on the concierge is a dream she recommended and organise a lot of things for us and made our holiday so memorable
I highly recommend a stay here

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I was invited by two of my best friends for a long weekend in celebration of my 60th birthday. and what a treat it was !!whatever you would expect from a Four Seasons Hotel was featured in style. from the porters, all the way to receptionists we were greeted and treated like royals - the concierge(s) are very knowledgeable and assisted us well with our City tours. but having stayed many times at a Four Seasons hotel many times, I must admit that the breakfast facility/ service is under par and must be improved - but overall I will be happy to go back there any time, the suites are excellent but best of all was their Gym facility !!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us! I do regret that your breakfast experience was not what you were expecting; details and attention to service are what set us apart as a hotel and I'm sorry that these were missing during that time.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

When in Chicago I always choose to stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago. Whether on business or personal vacation, there is no better place to rest when in the city. The service is phenomenal - from the moment you arrive and are greated by the bellmen, to the concierge and front desk staff on the 7th floor, to the spa attendents, service excellence is in the forefront of everyones' mind. The property is centrally located to the northern part of Michigan Avenue and connected to shopping and dining options. Very near to the Watertower and all that the Magnificent Mile has to offer. Typically eat in the dining room only for breakfast and it never disappoints. A really wonderful property for families as well - especially the pool, surprises like milk and cookies for a nighttime snack, etc. When in Chicago I will always stay at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: If you can stay in a room facing the Lake its not to be missed!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we met and exceeded your expectations. It means so very much to our team when we receive positive feedback such as yours, and keeps us striving to provide the attention to service that our guests expect from us.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your valued feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Chicago very soon!