“Excellent in every way”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #6 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Impeccable property that has a great location, a large, comfortable reception/lobby area and welcoming staff. Had a lakeview king room on the 40th fl that wasn't big, but it was spotless, it had a good sized bathroom and an extremely comfortable bed. Not to mention a good view of the lake and the Hancock Tower from the large window.

It was nice to stay at a high-end hotel that delivers. This property is well deserving of it's #1 ranking.

Room Tip: East-facing rooms have lake views and are brighter in the AM; West/South facing rooms less expensive...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,237)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have stayed in many Four Seasons, and this property (which I just visited on Wednesday) is one of my favorites. It just ended a big renovation, and is hip yet traditional, friendly yet professional, luxurious but comfortable. I don't know how they achieve that balance, but they do.

What I like about this property (besides the hot dog at the restaurant, which transcended me into a hot dog religious experience) is that it is, in my opinion, in the best location on the Magnificent Mile. I'm a water girl and become stressed out when I visit big cities and can only see the walls of the skyscraper next to me when I get to my room, and the Four Seasons has such a prime location that you can have virtually undiluted views of Lake Michigan.

The service was top notch. My server at lunch offered to bring me a paper while I waited for my food (presumably so I didn't look like awkward depressing solo diner, which I appreciated), and when I had a wardrobe malfunction, housekeeping came to the rescue with safety pins in record time. Other favorite things were the "skinny mirrors" in the restaurant's women's bathroom with the sign about it saying "you look fabulous", and the fact the heating was excellent (I am cold by nature, and given that the wind chill was at least 10 degrees this week, without the heat i would've bumped my rating down).

They are also so kid friendly. An indoor pool and an ice cream man that comes to your room and serves up sundaes. And for the adults, they have a martini man. How cool!

I was really so impressed by the warmth and lack of pretention this property has. I loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The staff is top notch. Location is central. The recently renovated hotel is better than ever. I love the spa (reminds me of George V hotel pool in Paris). The staff makes this a home away from home. The rooms are very spacious.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with the view of Lake Michigan well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was the first time staying at this Four Seasons with 1 year old daughter. Upon arrival the front desk staff already had our suite prepared with the crib and everything you would ever need was already in our room! The room was spacious,extremely clean and we'll maintained. Their kids club room is a great space for the little ones to run around and play. We had breakfast at Allium the following morning and being gluten free they were more than helpful in getting me gluten free toast and pancakes! Overall this was one of our best hotel stays anywhere. There are a lot of 5 star hotel in Chicago but when it comes to service and amenities no one beats the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room. They have incredible views of Lake Michigan!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had a wonderful time during my stay. My family and I enjoyed the classy and clean lines in the lobby and in the rooms. Every staff member welcomed us with a smile and they were very helpful with getting us to fun places to be in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great place to stay. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The facilitiy is beautiful. The spa is beautifuly, clean and very relaxing. The staff was very professional. We definitely recommend the Four Seasons!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is just about the best in the city. My family and I stayed for a week and enjoyed everything about our stay. We had small children with us and they were treated like royalty. The Kids room was fun for the children but I enjoyed the fact that it was clean and organized. The staff at the Four Seasons is attentive, professional and knowledgeable. The facility is beautiful, always spotless and very relaxing. I will always recommend The Four Seasons Chicago to my friends and business associates.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family