“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Boca Raton, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for three days over Memorial Day weekend this year and we absolutely loved everything about the hotel! The staff from the second we checked in were extremely friendly and helpful. The concierge made several excellent restaurant recommendations that were spot on. We stayed in a which had suite with a beautiful view of the city...we could have stayed forever. Next time we are in Chicago we will definitely be staying here again and my parents will be this spring!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Jennifer B,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy everything about our hotel and that you were happy with concierge recommended restaurants. I am thrilled you will stay with us again next spring, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel is at a good location and their rooms are nice, as in spacy, clean and comfortable. The hotel itself however, wouldn't like to sit around. There are plenty of things to do around the hotel, good restaurants, things to see, etc with friendly staff members. Would recommend this hotel to Fourseason fans and not.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Hallowwin,

I am glad our hotel provided the relaxation of a good night’s sleep, and I am happy you took advantage of it’s’ proximity to dining and sight- seeing. I appreciate your recommendation of us and your review, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I am very familiar with the city of Chicago and have stayed at the 4 Seasons many times. I am embarrassed to say that this is my first review. I can only imagine that this is because we are motivated to express ourselves when things do not go as planned. Every time I have been a guest at the 4 Seasons - Chicago, the experience has been amazing! It begins as soon as I pull up. Every employee is gracious and kind - catering to every need without being pretentious. The concierge service is unparalleled! I usually request a corner room - overlooking the lake and part of the city. The beds (and this is paramount) are AMAZING! During my most recent visit, I arrived to find chocolate dipped strawberries and popcorn and soda for my son. They knew it was my birthday without me saying a word. The spa is beautiful, and the pool at the 4 Seasons Chicago is the most beautiful pool in the city! When I am in Chicago, it is usually for a combination of work and play. The location is superb! It is my first choice in hotels!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Elizabeth K.

I am delighted your stay has been one of the best hotel experiences of your life, and I am happy we were able to make your birthday celebration memorable. Thank you also for your kind comments about staff. They are always ready to assist and are a great asset to Four Seasons.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

General
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Four Seasons Chicago is the right choice for anyone looking for a comfortable room with a great location and top-notch service. From the moment I arrived I felt welcomed, quickly greeted upon arrival and always approached with a smile. If deciding on room type, I highly suggest a room with lake views, the views are astounding. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, a classic style that can be enjoyed by all ages. The location is just steps from shopping, surrounded by great dining, and walking distance to the lake. Highly recommend for the discerning traveller.

Room Tip: Lake views are gorgeous!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kirsten M,

Thank you for your review and for your recommendation. I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay, the comforts and views of the guest room, and the easy access our location provided to the lake and dining.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed twice in the author's suite and absolutely loved it. Beautiful room, great location, fabulous service and great food. We stayed the weekend after Thanksgiving to shop for Christmas and the author's suite was a fantastic room to view the parade and festivities that take place on the Magnificent Mile below. It is expensive, but you won't be sorry, it ruins you for any other room in the city!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Gloria V,

I am glad you enjoyed the Author Suite and its views of the holiday festivities along Michigan Ave. It certainly provides lovely views of both the city and lake.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My first stay at a Four Seasons was an enjoyable one. I'm typically a Ritz guy but my wife was in Chicago for a conference at the hotel and I joined her for a long weekend. Well located just off Michigan Avenue, within walking distance to all the good shopping and fine dining. Also in close proximity to Lake Michigan and aquarium. Room was much larger than expected and bed was very comfortable. Only complaint was the creaking of the building at night, reportedly due to wind and building movement. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My stay at The Four Seasons was average-nothing bad, but nothing exceptional as other Four Seasons I had previously stayed in. The tipping point of the trip was when my husband & I had had massages at their Spa. Again, spa was okay & my masseuse was kind, but upon leaving I learned that my husband's Rolex was stolen out of his LOCKED locker.
Even though I understand they have to do their due process & research the offense, there was nothing more than "I'm Sorry-hope it works out." Discount for service was denied. What was the point of our massages if we leave more stressed than when we came?
Highly disappointed in their service & their lack of caring for their clients.
We'll see how they handle the insurance replacement of the watch...yet to be seen.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple