“Fabulous weekend stay!”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have tried other locations but truly believe there is no place better in Chicago for a fabulous weekend than the Four Seasons Hotel. Service is just unbelievable!! The staff manages to be very professional while also engaging and friendly. We requested a few extras in our room and everything was ready and waiting upon our arrival. We utilized the babysitting services that we arranged through the concierge and it was excellent. Gym and spa services were great. We had massages which were beyond relaxing. We will definitely look forward to a return trip in the very near future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I booked a long weekend stay in Chicago at the Four Seasons with our two daughters (ages 2 1/2 years and 5 months) This was our first trip with the two children and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit apprehensive. We choose the Four Seasons based on other travelers' reviews and couldn't be more pleased with our decision. The accommodations, staff and dining options were fantastic and especially appealing and appropriate for adults as well as children.

With the children in cribs, we chose a suite to ensure there would be ample room for the cribs. The room was very large and had two separate full bathrooms, which was very useful. We arrived via taxi and were assisted at the curb by the bell staff. Check-in was very welcoming and even allowed our older daughter to pick a toy from the treasure chest. When we got to our room, there were additional treats for the girls. In fact, each day, a treat of some kind was brought to the room for our 2 1/2 year old.

We dined in the hotel several times. The first evening, we had room service brought to the room. The next morning, we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised when we were told that meals were free for children aged 5 and under. We also had dinner in the hotel restaurant the evening before we left. This was cut short due to bed time, but the staff in the restaurant were extremely accommodating and boxed up my meal while I took the baby back to the room for bed.

We visited the pool twice. It was beautiful and had a good selection of children's toys for use in the water. The locker room and fitness facilities were fantastic. Another very nice touch is the children's play room. It's located in Room 3226 (not 3304 as one of the cards left by the housekeeping staff indicated).

My wife and I hope that we can head back to the hotel for a romantic weekend getaway sometime soon!

Well done, Four Seasons. You have four new fans!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear 97Irish,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your first family stay, the various kid’s amenities, pool and playroom. I am also sorry you were provided with the incorrect room number to the children’s playroom and regret the inconvenience.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your romantic weekend getaway and for another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had not stayed at the Four Seasons - Chicago for nearly 20 years, so was a little concerned that it might be dated and not quite what I remembered. Especially since in the meantime, I have had the chance and good fortune to stay in several five star hotels and resorts both in Chicago and throughout the world. Well, the Four Seasons was not what I remembered--it was even better!

From the second you pull up to the valet, the service is absolutely top notch and beyond compare. The check-in was the most pleasurable I have ever experienced. Not only friendly and efficient, but actually enjoyable. The rooms, well, wow! We had a 1-bedroom executive suite with a lake view. One of the best views I've ever seen of not only the lake but the city. The room was furnished beautifully in every way, with fantastic little amenities such as water by the bed with turndown service.

My only regret was that we took time to enjoy the city and didn't spend every second from check-in to check-out in this outstanding hotel room. I never thought I would say this about the Four Seasons--but it was even an amazing "value". I have paid more at brand new hotels in Chicago for far lesser rooms and service, and as such, I will never stay anywhere else in the city again.

Room Tip: I had a lake view room, a friend had a city view room. Both provide unbelievable views--just go with...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear erring,

It is certainly delightful to be considered one of the best hotels in the world. I am very happy your recent stay, 20 years after your first was better than you remembered, and glad you enjoyed the suite and views, along with the friendly and attentive service from staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for three days over Memorial Day weekend this year and we absolutely loved everything about the hotel! The staff from the second we checked in were extremely friendly and helpful. The concierge made several excellent restaurant recommendations that were spot on. We stayed in a which had suite with a beautiful view of the city...we could have stayed forever. Next time we are in Chicago we will definitely be staying here again and my parents will be this spring!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer B,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy everything about our hotel and that you were happy with concierge recommended restaurants. I am thrilled you will stay with us again next spring, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel is at a good location and their rooms are nice, as in spacy, clean and comfortable. The hotel itself however, wouldn't like to sit around. There are plenty of things to do around the hotel, good restaurants, things to see, etc with friendly staff members. Would recommend this hotel to Fourseason fans and not.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Hallowwin,

I am glad our hotel provided the relaxation of a good night’s sleep, and I am happy you took advantage of it’s’ proximity to dining and sight- seeing. I appreciate your recommendation of us and your review, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I am very familiar with the city of Chicago and have stayed at the 4 Seasons many times. I am embarrassed to say that this is my first review. I can only imagine that this is because we are motivated to express ourselves when things do not go as planned. Every time I have been a guest at the 4 Seasons - Chicago, the experience has been amazing! It begins as soon as I pull up. Every employee is gracious and kind - catering to every need without being pretentious. The concierge service is unparalleled! I usually request a corner room - overlooking the lake and part of the city. The beds (and this is paramount) are AMAZING! During my most recent visit, I arrived to find chocolate dipped strawberries and popcorn and soda for my son. They knew it was my birthday without me saying a word. The spa is beautiful, and the pool at the 4 Seasons Chicago is the most beautiful pool in the city! When I am in Chicago, it is usually for a combination of work and play. The location is superb! It is my first choice in hotels!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Elizabeth K.

I am delighted your stay has been one of the best hotel experiences of your life, and I am happy we were able to make your birthday celebration memorable. Thank you also for your kind comments about staff. They are always ready to assist and are a great asset to Four Seasons.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

General

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Four Seasons Chicago is the right choice for anyone looking for a comfortable room with a great location and top-notch service. From the moment I arrived I felt welcomed, quickly greeted upon arrival and always approached with a smile. If deciding on room type, I highly suggest a room with lake views, the views are astounding. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, a classic style that can be enjoyed by all ages. The location is just steps from shopping, surrounded by great dining, and walking distance to the lake. Highly recommend for the discerning traveller.

Room Tip: Lake views are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kirsten M,

Thank you for your review and for your recommendation. I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay, the comforts and views of the guest room, and the easy access our location provided to the lake and dining.

I look forward to welcoming you back.