“Luxury at it's best....”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #7 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
USA
“Luxury at it's best....”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Recently I decided to go back to one of my favorite cities for the weekend. Chicago!
I stayed at the Four Seasons there where the staff was delightful and extremely personable.

My room had a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. It was absolutely breath-taking. The room itself was extremely well appointed.

I was greeted by a lovely amenity from the hotel as well. All my favorite fruits and water. I was very impressed!

The morning coffee in the lobby also stood out. I could make my own latte or expresso! I truly felt pampered.

There are many beautiful hotels to choose from, but the Four Seasons takes luxury to a whole new level! Thank you for making my weekend in Chicago special.
Kudos to the entire team!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Lake Michigan!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Betty 022,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed everything. We have some amazing views, and we are happy to hear that you liked the view from your room! The coffee in the lobby is important in these Chicago winters so our guests do not have to go outside in the cold!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Best regards,
Michele Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I dont even know where to begin?

All I can say is that it was wonderful! The building is located in a wonderful area and made things very convenient! The concierge went above and beyond for me and I was very happy with all of their help, booking tickets and planning itineraries for me.

The room was BEYOND gorgeous. The BEST Four Seasons room that I have been (well, 2nd best after Geneva). The bathroom was so beautiful!

The food was great and service was top-notch!

It is "pricey" but if you want luxury, then pricey is not a word you should even consider when looking at this hotel because it is a wonderful place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear iammissy,

I am delighted we were able to create a wonderful experience for you, and I am glad you enjoyed the conveniences our location provided. Our Concierge team was just thrilled to read your wonderful comments in appreciation of their help and planning.

I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Four Seasons in Chicago at the end of the holiday season with our daughters. It was wonderful to get away and enjoy all that the hotel had to offer. We spent some time exploring the local shopping and restaurants, but best of all was the gorgeous room with incomparable views. I could sit in the window seat and look at the frozen lake forever; I would never get tired of it. We have resolved to come back in the summer when we can also go to the beach and enjoy the warmth. The pool was very fun--so much better than most hotel pools. The staff was friendly, attentive, and helpful. Our trip was relaxing and delightful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Margy L,

I am glad you took delight in the views while lounging on the window seats in the guest room, and I am happy your family had a relaxing weekend. I look forward to welcoming your family back during summer, and thank you for your review.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family and I recently spent a relaxing weekend at The Four Seasons in Chicago. We found all of the facilities to be spotlessly clean and continuously maintained. The staff were always friendly and accommodating. Everyone from the door man to front desk staff to the concierge to the room service servers to the house keeping staff made us feel welcome. We were able to relax in the hot tub and in the sauna and steam rooms. Highlights for my children included the ice cream man making sundaes in our room, swimming in the pool, and being so close to exciting places to visit in the city.

Room Tip: The lake view room has a spectacular vista.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Dondi2014,

It is always rewarding to read of the remarkable and friendly service staff provided to ensure a relaxing and wonderful stay. I am very glad your children enjoyed the pool and ice cream man and that your family loved the easy access our location provided to dining and entertainment.

I look forward to welcoming your family back, and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Everything from the very friendly and helpful hotel staff to the extra amentities provided for our daughter made for a truly amazing way to spend New Year's Eve as a family in Chicago. The activities for children and the staff's ability to make them feel right at home is such a wonderful touch. My daughter loves staying at the Four Seasons just as much as we do. The junior suite is very well appointed with a surprising amount of space. The spa, pool, and play room were all wonderful to have on such cold days. The perfect city winter getaway. Dining at Allium was superb as always. I truly can not say enough good things about our experience at the Four Seaons. This was our second stay, and there will certainly be more to come.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear msp526,

I am very pleased to read of the attentive service staff provided to ensure the perfect city get away for your family. Our younger guests are just as important to us, and I am very happy they enjoyed the various amenities, and glad it was another fantastic stay.

I look forward to welcoming the family back, and thank you for your review.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a warm wonderful stay and highly recommend The Four Seasons Chicago! The staff was superb, our room overlooking Michigan Ave AND Lake Shore Drive/Lake Michigan! our hot stone massages were perfect in a wonderful spa setting. Had a great time!

Room Tip: "Stay on the forty third floor, corner room!"
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Laura D,

I am delighted you had a wonderful stay, and thrilled that your stone massage was perfect. Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 10 days for my son's graduation in Midland, MI. The welcome at Four Seasons was fantastic. They even produced a mini bed for my daughter's American Girl Doll. We upgraded to an apartment for a very reasonable rate and had two bedrooms and a fantastic living area with a massive balcony overlooking chicago. We had ice creams delivered to the door for our daughter (age 6) to make from the cart. There was always a treat waiting in the room for her when we had been out for the day. This is how hotel service should always be. It was not expensive, just extremely good value.
The spa and pool was out pif this world for a city centre location. We were really surprised by the good quality facilities.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an apartment if they have one available. We paid a little extra per night, but not much...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear spiderdecksmith.

Thank you for your review. I am happy your family had a fantastic stay, and glad you also enjoyed the pool, spa and especially the kid amenities for your 6 year old daughter. I thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back.