“All I can say is WOW!”

Ranked #5 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Houston
“All I can say is WOW!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was on business in Chicago and decided to stay at the Four Seasons which I booked through Platinum American Express. The treatment I recieved from the doorman to the front desk and beyond was most exceptional. I was given an upgrade and had a beautiful room which overlooked the lake. Being alone on business I had several meals at the Allium Restaurant which was better than any meal I've had in any superior restaurant. The staff was incredibly nice and the Assistant Manager Steve Minor was attentive and exceptionally kind. I noticed how lovely and caring he was to the patrons and especially to an elderly couple who had come for dinner. It warmed my heart to watch Steve and the other staff members as they efficiently managed to bring the best and most innovative food to their patrons in such a wonderful and caring way. As I was leaving Steve presented me with a small bottle of his special whiskey which I had tasted and complimented when I came in. It was a kind and meaningful gesture that I will always remember. Another stand out was Ahmed Yacout who had called me to make sure that my stay was going well, he was very professional and so nice. When I told him that I was going to dinner downstairs he personally called to let them know that I was on my way down and made sure they were waiting for me. Everyone I came into contact with was just "above and beyond" and I have never left a review in my life saying those things. My room was incredible, the staff was incredible, the food was incredible. What else can I say except I would only stay at the Four Seasons in Chicago and I may need to plan a trip to Chicago soon just to come stay there again. On a closing note, I asked myself several times "what did I do to deserve this?" It was just so fine. I guess all the good things I've tried to do in my life came back in one huge karmatic event when I had the privilege to experience all the wonderfulness that the Four Seasons Chicago offers. Exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a beautiful lake view and if possible book through American Express so you get a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Rebeca Houston,

Thank you so much for the kind words, we are so honored that you chose our property for your business trip. I am so glad that you had such good experiences with our staff, and that you got the chance to try the Whiskey! We would love to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Michele Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is the fifth time we've stayed at the Four Seasons Chicago with our three kids and one experience continues to top the next.

The location is perfect, on Delaware at 900 N. Michigan. Every detail is sharp and professional. The facility is clean and elegant. The staff is well-trained and friendly. From the doormen to the housecleaning staff, this operation with run with precision and professionalism.

Our room was amazing - a large suite with a dining room and small kitchenette with 45th floor views overlooking Lake Michigan - and on the corner of the building so as to look right down the Magnificent Mile of Michigan Avenue.

Upon entry into the room was a variety of kid-friendly items, including logo'd hats and tee shirts, along with snacks and drinks. Each day offered additional family items.

We enjoy dining in the lounge area of Allium, the in-house restaurant. Despite knowing there are other great hotels in Chicago, we would never consider going anywhere else - The Four Seasons Chicago has won our enduring loyalty.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg B
Dear Guborca,

Thank you so much for all of the kind words. We are thrilled to hear about your experience, and we are so happy that you enjoyed the amenities in your room. We always look for ways to personalize our guests stays. We are very excited to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Chicago on your next visit.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is elegant and classy. We booked a room with a lake view and were not disappointed. It was spacious and comfortable and, most importantly, lovely and quiet. The pool and hot tub were great, as were the restaurant and bar, but it was the service that really knocked us out. We had a small problem - it happens - with housekeeping. Not only was the issue sorted immediately, but the hotel and housekeeping management went out of their way to apologize with much appreciated tokens of wine and sweet treats.

All the staff we encountered were incredibly friendly and helpful, in particular at the concierge desk. They made our first trip to Chicago even more memorable by gift-wrapping one of their signature rubber duckies for my husband to give me as a gift.

My apologies for this late review - our stay was back in September.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Candsnz,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad to hear that the housekeeping concern was taken care of, and again we apologize about this! I am glad that you have one of our famous rubber ducks as a way to remember the hotel by. We look forward to welcoming you back!

General Mananger
Reviewed 27 January 2014

What can I say? The Four Seasons is one of the few top hotels in Chicago. Every part of our experience was value-added. From "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on the dessert plate, to the other perks and personalized service -- this place "gets it," and makes sure that their customer focus runs through every person in their organization.

• Stayed January 2014
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Clifford G27,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope that you had a wonderful birthday, and we would love to have you back to the Four Seasons Chicago to celebrate other important occasions!

St. Chjarles, IL
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The Four Seasons Chicago is a wonderful Luxury property and worthy of anyone's visit that wants first class accomodations and first class service! Recent improvements made to the rooms and bar/restaurant area were nicely done. Situated near the Lakefront, it is ideally located for shopping on Michigan Avenue and plenty of fine dining nearby as well.

Dear JPavela,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are very proud of our recent updates and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed them. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Stuegeon Bay
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Most outstanding place for families. A high end hotel but the casualness for families. Swimming, pool toys, kids can use hot tub. Dining has plenty of kid friendly good. Turn down service, a special treat for kids. Excellent choice for our family. And in Chicagi, it's perfect location. They give the best referrals for anything you may need.

Dear NRDZN,

We love to welcome children to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago and we are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a very nice stay on a bitter cold night in Chicago. We had a beautiful view of the lake from our room. The room was wonderfully decorated and very comfortable. Love the separate shower/Tub room. Staff was very friendly. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kelly M,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the comments regarding the rooms, we are so happy that you liked them. We would love to welcome you back to Chicago in the summer months so that you can enjoy all Chicago has to offer!