“We really enjoyed our stay!!”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #7 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Michigan
“We really enjoyed our stay!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We booked a weekend stay and couldn't of been happier with our decision. This hotel is located in an excellent location, just steps from the front door and your on Michigan Ave. We enjoyed walking and exploring the city, eating out, shopping, and then coming back to our room at night to relax. The city is beautiful light up at night. The pool area was not over run, offered refreshments, and had a very nice changing room with a sauna, steam room, and showers. With it's close proximity to the American Girl Doll store, it's comfy rooms, and pool area... it was a hit with our daughter. Thank you, we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that your daughter enjoyed everything here. The Four Seasons Chicago loves to welcome children to stay with us, and the American Girl Doll store is always a hit! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Michele Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Despite the weather my trip to Chicago was wonderful mainly because of my stay at the Four Seasons. A grand and beautiful hotel with incredible staff that immediately made me feel at home. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Shan M,
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! You will have to come back and visit us in the summer months our location is just steps away from the Lake. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Beautiful hotel. With amazing rooms. Very curtious staff. And right in the middle of one of the best parts of downtown Chicago. Surrounded by the best shopping in Chicago. Awesome restaurants as well all in walking distance. Magnificent views from the rooms of the city and/or the lake.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Scoraff,

Thank you so much for the kind words, we are thrilled you had a great time at the hotel. The Four Seasons Chicago does have a great location and we are so happy that you got to experience this!

Ilinois
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The restaurant portion of the Four Seasons--Allium has many great features--the quality of customer care--see PATRICIA LALO they make the experience extraordinary. With a high standard, of course most of the staff is attentive, but I can say--having been to many places many times-these are two people who go beyond just doing a high standard job. They make the experience fantastic. At the management level, I truly tip my hat to Stephen.

I mention the service first because you can get great food at almost any high end place in this area, but the attention to details and their comments about the customers--really shine through. I have to say, the three people I mentioned treat customers great EVERY single time you're there.

As for the food: I have finally decided to out on the breaks...you can not imagine how fresh, flavorful and fantastic the food is--breakfast and Sunday brunch--including the desert bar and the "Sunday ONLY" cast iron skillet pecan roll.

I also suggest strongly--the French press coffee and any cappuccino or cafe au lait. Once you go, you will return. And, since staff is the face of any business, you have to see the best of Allium: Patricia, Lalo, and Stephen

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Jermayne J,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed Allium, we are so proud of it and we are so happy that you like the Sunday brunch items. Thank you for you comments about the staff!

Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 1 February 2014

A group of my girlfriends and I stayed at the Four Seasons for a night. The hotel was amazing and the staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. We had high tea in a private room at Allium, received first class spa treatments, and enjoyed our time in the spacious suite. I will definitely be going back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Janahag,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your ladies weekend with us, we are glad that you were able to experience the spa and Allium. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My girlfriends and I had a fancy and fabulous bachelorette party experience at The Four Seasons in Chicago. From a private high tea, to spa appointments, and the incredible suite/view from 40 floors up.... It was TOP NOTCH! We are incredibly thankful for the wonderful service that we received at The Four Seasons Chicago! The hotel is dynamite and I cannot wait to go back for another "stay-cation" sometime.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Carly C,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We are so happy that you chose the Four Seasons Chicago as the spot for your party! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Houston
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was on business in Chicago and decided to stay at the Four Seasons which I booked through Platinum American Express. The treatment I recieved from the doorman to the front desk and beyond was most exceptional. I was given an upgrade and had a beautiful room which overlooked the lake. Being alone on business I had several meals at the Allium Restaurant which was better than any meal I've had in any superior restaurant. The staff was incredibly nice and the Assistant Manager Steve Minor was attentive and exceptionally kind. I noticed how lovely and caring he was to the patrons and especially to an elderly couple who had come for dinner. It warmed my heart to watch Steve and the other staff members as they efficiently managed to bring the best and most innovative food to their patrons in such a wonderful and caring way. As I was leaving Steve presented me with a small bottle of his special whiskey which I had tasted and complimented when I came in. It was a kind and meaningful gesture that I will always remember. Another stand out was Ahmed Yacout who had called me to make sure that my stay was going well, he was very professional and so nice. When I told him that I was going to dinner downstairs he personally called to let them know that I was on my way down and made sure they were waiting for me. Everyone I came into contact with was just "above and beyond" and I have never left a review in my life saying those things. My room was incredible, the staff was incredible, the food was incredible. What else can I say except I would only stay at the Four Seasons in Chicago and I may need to plan a trip to Chicago soon just to come stay there again. On a closing note, I asked myself several times "what did I do to deserve this?" It was just so fine. I guess all the good things I've tried to do in my life came back in one huge karmatic event when I had the privilege to experience all the wonderfulness that the Four Seasons Chicago offers. Exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a beautiful lake view and if possible book through American Express so you get a...