“First class and more” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“First class and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

There are lots of nice hotels out there, but few that combine superlative comfort with outstanding service, and make one feel so comfortable with such genuine goodness of the staff. I was traveling with my service dog, and to a person, everyone was understanding and helpful. I had the most beautiful room overlooking both Michigan Avenue and the snowy Lakefront. It was awesome. The decor was lovely, some of the paintings and pieces displayed I would want for MY house! And with cold weather, it was great to be able to access the shopping mall next door without having to go outside! Unreservedly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Deborah,
Thank you so much for your comments, we are so happy that you enjoyed everything. I am glad that you were able to visit the shopping mall attached, during Chicago winters this is very helpful!

Michele Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Yes, you expect a lot from the Four Seasons. Yes, people who stay at the Four Seasons are either very wealthy or very business and usually both. And all of that comes with an expectation of service and the delivery on the promise. The Four Seasons delivered.

When I arrived, I was checked in immediately and I asked if my room had a view. After traveling so much, the last thing I want to see is a wall, an office, or another hotel across the street. The agent said he would see what he would do, then handed me the keys and said to enjoy my stay. I got up the room and was floored. I got a corner room overlooking MagMile and Lake Michigan. The bedroom was off to the site with its own door and the entryway could've hosted a party. Everything was sparkling clean. I hope the agent didn't get in trouble for that, but it was extraordinary. I called the front desk to thank him for the room.

My regular quibbles about high end hotels remain, however. WiFi is extra, so is anything beyond water from the tap. So if I want coffee in the room, I need to call downstairs. I drove over and paid around $50 per night for the valet. There's no public parking anywhere. Again, expected, but I'm allowed to complain about it. Finally, and this is something the hotel can do something about, the iron was poor. Maybe they expect people to have their clothes sent down, but the iron looked like it was bought on sale in the bargain bin of Wal Mart. Not exactly Four Seasons-ish. The sheets were probably $1,000. The iron was $10, full price. Change out your irons, Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Can't hurt.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank larry_nyc
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Larry_nyc,

Thank you for your comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed the views. We are very sorry about the iron and we will make sure that this is addressed. We do not own the parking garage which is why the parking can get costly. We apologize about this as well, and are very happy to get your feedback. We Would love to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I am lucky enough to be a frequent business and leisure traveler and as a result have had the opportunity to stay at some incredible hotels and meet some wonderful people along the way. To that, when in Chicago I stay at the Four Seasons not only for the great location, but more so for the great customer service. Sarah Collin from their reservation desks recently went out of her way to make sure that my last minute needs were met and my trip was as relaxing and smooth as possible. It's exactly that type of care and attention that makes me come back to this hotel on a regular basis and continually recommend it to friends and colleagues. Thanks, Sarah!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bruce Wayne,
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with us! We are so glad that our staff was able to accommodate your last minute needs. The Four Seasons Chicago looks forward to welcoming you back!

Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great location on Michigan Ave and typical four seasons quality. Very nice rooms with modern decor and service is phenomenal. Watch for the stay two nights get one free in the off season. Will definitely be back for a third stay. If you happen to be in Chicago for an American Girl mother/daughter trip, you can't beat the convenience of it being right across the street!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Laurie Wojtak,
Thank you for your comments, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is perfect for a day at The American Girl Doll Place and many other Chicago attractions! We are glad that you got to experience this and thank you for the kind words about the hotel.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Chicago to celebrate our birthdays. Sarah Collin from the hotel was phenomenal in arranging a wonderful stay with a great lake view room. She went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and knew all of the great places to go! The location of the hotel was perfect - stone's throw from everything!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear A D,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your birthday. I am delighted you had wonderful stay. Our hotel provides easy access to dining and entertainment, and I am very pleased to learn of Sarah's assistance with planning your stay and activities.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

What a phenomenal hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.
The room was beautiful and spacious with a wonderful view of the lake.
The Spa, pool, Jacuzzi and health club were really great as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear pmaloney42,

I am glad you enjoyed the views, the Spa and had a great stay. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff, and thank you for your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

EWING
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was warmly greeted by the valet, when I got to check in, I was again very warmly greeted and escorted to the elevator. The service was excellent, room service was prompt in both delivery of my dinner and removal of the dishes. My room provided an astonishing view the the skyline.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear TADRI E,

It is certainly rewarding to read of the excellent service staff provided to ensure you had a great stay, and they are thrilled to read their efforts are recognized.

I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.