“One of the best hotels in Chicago.”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #8 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Minnetonka Beach, Minnesota
“One of the best hotels in Chicago.”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed two nights recently on a business trip to Chicago. I have stayed at other hotels in Chicago over the years. The Four Seasons is one of the best. The rooms are spacious and very nice. The service is friendly and outstanding. The location is very good as well.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear VRJL,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very glad to hear that the rooms were to your liking! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Michele Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Long Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We brought our 6 & 8 year old sons to Chicago for the President's Day weekend. We were impressed every minute of our stay at the Four Seasons. The boys were thrilled to have treats in the room when we got back from a long day at the museums. Although the pool was crowded with families that weekend, it was always clean and enjoyable. The location is great, you are one block off of Michigan Avenue. We walked to dinner Saturday & Sunday - several great options within walking distance - even for kids in the winter.

Room Tip: We had a view of the lake, very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Royal Family00,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the weekend visit! The Four Seasons Chicago loves to welcome children and we are so happy to hear that they enjoyed the amenities in the room! We look forward to welcoming you back for another family vacation!

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went to Chicago for a weekend and had to cancel and re-book so many times b/c of flight cancellations. From every front-desk person spoken to, we knew that this place was going to be beyond the rest. Having stayed in Four Seasons before, it was familiar to have a lobby on the seventh floor of a tall building, away from the rush of the city. I actually have come to prefer it. Anyway, as we pulled up, we were greeted by bellman who quickly took the car and our bags. Once at the hotel, we admired the beautiful lobby full of museum-like are and furniture. It truly was a spectacle in and of itself. The elevators were quite nice because of the way they are set up, we never had to wait for one! Our room (2 queens) had a great view of Lake Michigan, but b/c of the wind, was creaking very loudly and, upon our return from an afternoon of walking, was still making loud noises. Therefore, we called down to see if a room change could be possible and, after about 20 mins called back again thinking we were forgotten. However, we came to find out that the woman we spoke with was going to each available room finding one without the creaking noise! Now that is service! We had a dinner reservation and, upon our return back, she informed us that a suite had been set up and our bags were already there, ready for us. WOW! The Room itself was unbelievable; bathroom huge, views unbeatable of both city and oak and bed was outstanding. If you can stay at the Four Seasons, I highly suggest it... A great hotel with great service and unbeatable location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors, though better views, make louder noises when the building sways with the...
Dear Bobbyleggs,

Thank you so much for the nice comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our lobby and the hotel in general. We would like to extend our apologies again regarding the wind noise, I am very glad that you were happy with the room change!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had an unbelievable stay over Valentine's weekend. The hotel is gorgeous - art and furniture stand out. The rooms are sleek, but comfortable. Service was impeccable and the food was excellent. I will come back often.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dante F,

We are so happy that you chose to spend Valentine's weekend at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago. I am very glad that you enjoyed the rooms, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Chicago
Reviewed 20 February 2014

After our last bad service experience, we took a two year hiatus but decided to try them again. We bought a package that included parking and breakfast. When we checked out, the bill seemed in order. It was only later that when I was reviewing my credit card bill that I noticed they charged me another $100 or so in addition to the original bill. They just did it without even sending me an email or calling me. When I sent them an email, they told me that it was for breakfast which the should not have charged me for. The other $20 was for two plastic green cows that we thought they had left for our two boys! I guess we didn't read the fine print. What really irks me is that a hotel of this caliber would charge that much to your cc without even giving you a head up and that they would be so tacky as to charge you for cheap items that you think they have left for the kids.

2 Thank johnnybass
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear johnnybass

Thank you very much for trying Four Seasons Chicago again and for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for wrongly billing you after departure for breakfast which was included in your package. A call prior to charging you would have indeed avoided the mistake and inconvenience.

I am also sorry that you were unexpectedly billed for the Green Cows. Our Green Cows, which are part of our recycling program, are very popular and we loose a few hundred each month. There should have been a card next to them explaining the relevance of Mrs O'Leary's cow to Chicago and the cost should guests want to keep them as a souvenir. I apologize that the cards were missing,

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Michele
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recently returned from a long weekend in Chicago with my children/grandchildren and this was out 14th consecutive year at the Four Seasons. I can report nothing has changed: perfection remains the norm. Staff, rooms, service, spa, restaurant and attention provided the grandchildren (terry cloth robes, hot cocoa, ect)....all set the Four Seasons Chicago as the platinum standard.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear John B,
We are so glad that we were able to welcome you back for your 14th year with us! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed everything. We love having children come stay with us and we are so glad that they enjoyed the hot coco and robes. We are looking forward to having you back for your 15th year next year.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons Chicago during the cold snap in January 2014. I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the hotel staff. I ordered most of my meals in room and whenever I spoke to hotel staff they paid attention to my needs and were very pleasant. I was also very happy with the bed, so comfortable, I slept like a baby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Matt H,
Even though you were here during our very cold Chicago winter, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! During the winter it is the perfect time to enjoy our room service menu and not have to go out in the cold. We hope to have you back soon, and hopefully you can come and enjoy all Chicago has to offer in the summer.