“i have been spoiled”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I came from Middle east ( Arabian Gulf ) where the hospitality is most imporatont thing to us , and thats what I found in this place. Wonderfull staff !! Everything was great. It was clean, nice desk and TV. Internet service in the room was.The food service was fantastic. I had a wonderful days here. The hotel is a classic and I felt almost privileged to be a guest.
From the moment the doorman greeted us and took our bags until we sadly checked out we received the most wonderful service. I stayed in a superior room on the 46th floor. The view was outstanding warm and very comfortable.

I would love to return to this hotel one day it was exceptional value for money for a memorable stay in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Highest Floor , nice view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear HamdaZ,

We are delighted to hear that you had a great time at our hotel. We are so glad that everything was to your liking. Thank you so much for choosing the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the states!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

As local Chicagoans, my friend and I took a night staycation at the hotel and treated ourselves to massages at the spa. The the minute we entered, the hotel staff was delightful and extremely friendly. Prior to our massages we took advantage of the pool as well as the steam room and sauna. Everything was very clean and the amenities were lovely. Our massages were some of the best we've ever experience and we exited feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

Our room had an outstanding view of the lake and east skyline and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Our breakfast was delicious and the skillet cinnamon roll is to die for! Overall our stay was great and memorable!

Room Tip: Book a lake view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Allyson F,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed everything. I am happy that you were able to experience our spa and pool area. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the massages.

We hope to welcome you back for many more "staycations" in the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

From the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out I loved every minute of my stay at Four Seasons Chicago. My view of the lake looked almost tropical; the concierge was a huge help in getting my last minute tickets to Second City; I've never met more friendlier room service staff! Can't wait to go back.

Dear Kelly O,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Chicago. Thank you so much for the kind notes about our concierge staff!

We are excited to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had such an incredible experience at the Four Seasons Chicago this past weekend. We were greeted with professionalism and treated wonderfully our entire stay. They made us feel at home. The bed was beyond comfortable, the towels were great, and it was very clean. As well, the food! Oh my. Some of the most delicious hotel food I've ever had. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. And great views!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie B

Dear Julie B,

We are so happy that you had a great time during your stay. I am glad that everything was to your liking! We are happy that you were able to experience dining in Allium! Thank you so much for the kind note about the food, we love to hear that our guests are enjoying our creative menu options!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed at the Four Seasons for a sister's weekend in March. The hotel staff were accommodating and knowledgeable. Sense of comfort and retreat after spending the day shopping and going to the art institute.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear AniniMahaulepu,

We hope that you and your family had a wonderful time at your sister's wedding! Thank you for the nice note about our hotel!

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for many more special events!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a high quality hotel. I was there for a girls weekend and they took care of everything for us. The hotel is in the PERFECT location for downtown Chicago. You can walk to most resturants and stores. The rooms are clean. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely the place to stay when traveling to Chicago
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Lisa S,

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel! The Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is located in a great spot for shopping, dining, and site seeing, we are glad that you were able to take advantage of this!

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Well, this entire stay at hotel was a complete disaster and yes the only thing that i want ist to forget it.

I worked as well several years in the luxury hotel industry for Mandarin Oriental and the Kempinski group. I know what i can expect from a 5 star company.
I worked my way very hard up to be able to afford the style of luxury travelling and staying in 5 star hotels.
Each hotelgroup is able to built a fantastic looking hotel. But only a few can achieve the greatnes of a real 5 star hotel. The Four Seasons Chicago hotel isn´t one of those.

I know that this incidet will be passed on to the responsible department heads in the morning meeting or any other meeting.
Maybe you schould consider a different style of aproach. Because the perfect service, cleaness and responsibility is deffinatley not provided.

A „Bulgari“ ring gets stolen in the room, we didnt loose it! Cleaning utilies left behind after service. My shaver remained laying on the floor after dropping while cleaning.
I know the rule, leave all the utilitys on the same place
The staff should follow the quality standarts of the four seasons group.

The entrance as you know, the first, the most important impression of the hotel, unclean, used and discusting. A bad resume.

The concierge was unable to call the flight company for lost and found. There was no follow up, nothing. So whats the concierge service for. Maybe I know from the restaurant suggestion. All restaurants I asked for he just recommended: Those are not special. No reasons given. The recomended restaurant was basic and then at the end a complimentary cake from the concierge. Very special, please be realistic. I think he just sent us there because of the commision he received.

We were not able to take our afternoon tea in the lobby. We get told to move tot he restaurant. Why you have a lobby when you cant use it for relaxing. Even they charged us for condiments, the peanuts. How devastating.

This hotel has the name of the group, you cant cheat your guest and customers who pay for service. This is deffinatley not enough. You should be ashamed .

7  Thank ForgottonHospitality

Dear ForgottonHospitality,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our Hotel, and offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced when you realized your ring was missing. Despite our search efforts, unfortunately we were not able to locate the missing ring.

Please be assured, I understand your frustration, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this matter. You may contact me directly at 312.649.2317 or if you can please provide a phone number and best time to reach you.

I look forward to speaking with you and to regain your trust in us and the Four Seasons brand.