“Four Seasons Chicago”

Ranked #8 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Four Seasons Chicago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very Good Overall with dependable service. Décor is a bit bland in the rooms - but all is as it should be. The restaurant and food service were very good and the front desk was excellent.

I would come back

Room Tip: Get one with a view of Lake Michigan
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Margery524,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed the food in Allium. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the future!

Michele Grosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel was perfectly situated with wonderful views of the waterfront. Add to that the exceptional service and unique bathroom in their fantastic restaurant, Allium, and you get a glimpse of how a modern touch can add so much to the hotel experience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Logan S,

I am glad you loved the Lake Views and our unique bathroom in Allium. It is rewarding to read that our modern touches did not go unnoticed, and very happy it added to your hotel experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel has excellent service, comfortable beds and pillows. The lap of luxury. The bartenders in the afternoon and evening were amazing and friendly guys. There is not con that I can say about this hotel it's a diamond in the heart of it all!

• Stayed April 2014
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Tikkibar2,

Thank you so much for the nice note. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything. I am glad that you were able to experience Allium's bar! We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago soon!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Anyone who's read any of my reviews knows that service means a lot to me. In fact, it means almost everything to me. Nothing overcomes small flaws quicker than great service, and the staff at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago delivers!

I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago to attend a business meeting being held there April 9-11, and I was on the 33rd floor, room 3321 to be exact. First off, navigating through downtown Chicago traffic can be a chore, but the Four Seasons is really pretty easy to get to. Once we arrived, I opted to valet park ($60.00 per night), and the great service began with the friendly valet's who quickly greeted us, processed our vehicle, got a bellman to handle our bags and gave us precise instructions on where to check in (take the elevator up to the 7th floor).

There was no wait at the check in desk and the young lady who checked us in did an excellent job. After checking us in, she escorted us up to our room and gave us a quick rundown of the amenities...very impressive.

The room was large, with an impressive view of Lake Michigan and surrounding buildings. My son was travelling with me so we opted for a room with two double beds, both of which were firm and comfortable, as were the pillows. The bathroom was large and nicely laid out, the towells were not brand new but were in very nice condition, and there were four full size bath towells as well as several hand towells. And everything was SPOTLESS...no dust bunnies, no smudges on the mirrors, TV or hardware...just an immaculately kept room. The showerhead provided good water pressure offered no adjustment and delivered an almost stinging stream of water.

The room featured a large (42"?) flat screen TV with a great selection of channels, as well as a fully stocked mini bar fridge and snack bar, ample spare plugs (a rarity in most hotels these days) a nice large desk and ample room for clothes storage. The room also included a large closet with plenty of hangars, handy shelves, iron and ironing board, slippers and a small safe.

Turn down service was provided every night along with fresh towells.

One thing that should be easy for any hotel to accomplish is a timely morning wake up call, but I'm always surprised at how many drop the ball on this simple taks. Not the Four Seasons...every wake up call was delivered promptly by cheery staff that wished us good morning and offered a brief snyopsis of the day's weather.

The Fours Seasons offers full spa serve (we didn't partake), steam room, pool, hot tub and a very well equipped workout rooms. Towells are provided - including wet, cold towells - as well as apples and bottled water. I used the treamills (very nice Precor models) every day and the Lifecycle (also good equipment) recumbant exercise bike as well. All of the equipment offers TV's built in and disposable headphones are provided. And like our room, the workout facilities were spotless and very well maintained. If you are planning to work out during your stay at the Four Seasons, do make the short two block walk to the lakeshore and take advantage of the well mapped jogging and bicyling paths.

We had breakfast and lunch served buffet style in our meeting room each day, and the food was excellent. With all the great restaurants in close proximity to the Four Seasons (Del Frisco's is only two blocks away and it was AWESOME) we didn't eat dinner at the hotel. The meeting room was set up very well for our group of approximately 30 people, with plenty of plugs available for laptops, and the food service staff absolutely rocked! They were quick to clear plates and restock beverages, and they couldn't have been more friendly.

And again, the entire staff provided excellent service. Our first day there I was wandering around the 7th floor lobby looking for the elevator to the 33rd floor (a different elevator from the one that took us from street level to the lobby) and a member of the custodial staff asked if he could be of assistance. When I asked where the elevator was, he replied, "No problem sir, it can be a little confusing, allow me to show you the way," and proceeded to walk us right to the elevator. On another occassion I asked one of the young ladies at the check in desk where our conference room was and she quickly came out from behind the desk and escorted me to my destination. It seems like simple stuff, but again, many hotels - even high-end hotels - drop the ball when it comes to the basics of customer service.

Check out was quick, easy and hassle-free, with the exception of the valet service, which took a bit longer than acceptal to bring up our car, but that's just knit-picking!

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. In fact...I look forward to it!

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible, and by all means, get a lake view room...it's worth it!
Dear HefeGrande,

It is certainly rewarding to read such a wonderful review. I am glad we continue to impress you, and I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay, the amenities and the exemplary service staff provided. They are always ready to assist, and are a great asset to Four Seasons.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have never stayed at the Four Seasons and weren't really sure what to expect. The facility was beautiful, the room was clean, comfy and quiet (except for the creaking/popping sounds..but we got use to it), an amazing workout facility, but it was the staff that made the trip memorable. Genuinely interested in making our trip wonderful - and it was! Thank you Four Seasons for a grand weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Spencersbride,

We are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience at your first time at one of our hotels. Thank you for the kind note about our staff. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I came from Middle east ( Arabian Gulf ) where the hospitality is most imporatont thing to us , and thats what I found in this place. Wonderfull staff !! Everything was great. It was clean, nice desk and TV. Internet service in the room was.The food service was fantastic. I had a wonderful days here. The hotel is a classic and I felt almost privileged to be a guest.
From the moment the doorman greeted us and took our bags until we sadly checked out we received the most wonderful service. I stayed in a superior room on the 46th floor. The view was outstanding warm and very comfortable.

I would love to return to this hotel one day it was exceptional value for money for a memorable stay in this Hotel.

Room Tip: Highest Floor , nice view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear HamdaZ,

We are delighted to hear that you had a great time at our hotel. We are so glad that everything was to your liking. Thank you so much for choosing the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the states!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

As local Chicagoans, my friend and I took a night staycation at the hotel and treated ourselves to massages at the spa. The the minute we entered, the hotel staff was delightful and extremely friendly. Prior to our massages we took advantage of the pool as well as the steam room and sauna. Everything was very clean and the amenities were lovely. Our massages were some of the best we've ever experience and we exited feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

Our room had an outstanding view of the lake and east skyline and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Our breakfast was delicious and the skillet cinnamon roll is to die for! Overall our stay was great and memorable!

Room Tip: Book a lake view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Allyson F,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed everything. I am happy that you were able to experience our spa and pool area. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the massages.

We hope to welcome you back for many more "staycations" in the future!