“Simply spectacular, feels like a 2nd home”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I just stayed for four days, three nights at the Chicago Four Seasons and miss it already. I have stayed at this property at least a dozen times in the last few years, as I frequent Chicago on business.

This hotel is simply a class act that is one of the best Four Seasons I have ever stayed at. It's really at the top of the heap for the Four Seasons brand.

Service is sensational, warm and welcoming. The rooms are delightful and I have been provided with upgrades given my frequent visits. It's a wonderful perk. I always feel like I am at a second home at this hotel.

The rooms are incredibly comfortable, the beds are heaven, and the bathrooms are fabulous. I love the bathroom shower and soap brands they just upgraded to. Wish I could remember their name.

Also, the room service here is unreal. Food is outrageously good, never had a bad meal here. Fast response for room service and the food is just as good as you get downstairs at the Allium.

Oh, and their coffee is absolutely killer. Not sure what they brew, but it is awesome.

There is stiff competition in Chicago for world class hotels (I also love the Waldorf, and the Ritz is nice) but the Chicago Four Seasons says one thing to me. HOME.

Actually, I wish my home was this awesome!!!! Oh, and the location is ridiculous.

You would be foolish not to stay here once in your lifetime. Or as often as you can.

2  Thank Urbane_Biz_Traveler
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Hot_Squanto,

I am truly happy we continue create a feeling of home during your stay, and of the warm and welcoming service from staff. I am glad you enjoyed our Room Service food, the comfortable bed, and the Malin & Goertz bath amenities.

I appreciate your review and continued support, and look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We needed a getaway and Four Seasons is always our escape plan. The staff treats you like royalty, the room and amenities are superb. The restaurant and bar are recently updated and are stellar. Thanks FS for the great escape! You do it right, every time! No tricks missed at FS!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear onthego802,

I am delighted to read that staff made you feel like royalty, and that your stay was the ‘perfect getaway’. I am also glad you like our recent changes to Allium Restaurant and Bar.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back for another great escape.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I really like this hotel and have stayed several times. I am also a fan of the FS chain and have been to 24 of their properties so I have a bias for their hotels b/c we usually love the service. I have tried the other two competitors nearby and this is better for me primarily b/c the location is slightly superior. There are beautiful views from the rooms. We had a large NE facing (lake and city) corner suite on the 44th floor which was really gorgeous with 2 bathrooms and a small kitchenette and separate bar. They are also connected to the mall at 900 N Michigan, the best in the city so if it's cold you can just walk to the mall for food, shopping without a coat which is really nice. Oak street shopping is around the corner. Definitely a great location in Chicago's North Side.The service was good this time, could have been better. Concierge was an issue this trip for the first time. They seemed a bit short of help so on Sat night we waited for help with a booking for over an hour and by the time they got back to us we were just too tired to go out. I waited at the desk a while , and then went upstairs and called down. They seemed to be helping one family for a very long time. Also, something unusual for FS occurred at check in. I told them we were coming in about11 00 which is on the early side b/c of an interview. They wanted to upgrade us b/c of Amex Plat which was nice but the room was not ready. So they told us we could change somewhere else and get the room later. I had a cast on and lots of luggage so that would have been difficult. They offered us another upgrade for $300 more than I had originally booked. And yes, it was a much bigger suite. I took it b/c I really needed a room, just wished they had prioritized cleaning the one they had intended for me at the original price. I was little surprised they didn't give it to us. We are very regular at FS and other FS hotels usually give you what they have ready without up selling. Price change aside is was a lovely room and stay. WE had lunch/ breakfast at the restaurant which was good. Weight room/ spa/ pool are great.

Room Tip: ask for high floor, facing East( lake) or Northeast ( Lake Michigan and shoreline/ city)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear tripindicular1,

We are surely thrilled to be honored as the ‘best Chicago hotel’, and I am happy you enjoyed the 44th floor Suite with its beautiful views, Allium Restaurant, The Spa and pool, as well as the easy access to the 900 Shopping Mall.

I am sincerely sorry for the delayed service and follow-up from Concierge, and for the inconveniences you experienced at check-in. Please be assured I have addressed your concerns, and it will not happen again.

I appreciate your review, and thank you for your support of Four Seasons Chicago and the Four Seasons brand.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Four Seasons Chicago a week ago and I was thoroughly impressed from the moment I wanted into the door. Then I walked into my upgraded and was totally WOW'ed. I had to take pictures and send to friends and family. The view was amazing. At checkout I advised the Four Seasons that if they wanted send me a bed and some pillows, I would certainly take them... Awesome!

Overall, what a fabulous hotel and service. I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Kelley K,

I am happy you were wowed by our guest room, its views and by the comfort of the bed and pillow. Thank you also for sharing your experience and the photos of your stay with your friends and family.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for my partners Law School Reunion. Great Location walking distance to everything you would need. Service is outstanding. Great View. The rooms are a little bland but not bad at all. The staff is super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear HowieEmbry,

Thank you so much for the nice note. We are so glad that you had a good time during the Law School reunion. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The guest and meeting rooms are great. The different elevators make things confusing. Black out drapes work really well. More gluten free options on room service menu would be appreciated. Robes are old and need to be replaced.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Steven T

Dear Christa R,

Thank you for review. I am happy you had a great meeting and stay.

I appreciate your suggestions on replacing the guest robes and providing more gluten free Room Service options. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we continue to enhance our product and menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Staff very responsive and accommodating. We had some special needs on this trip and they couldn't have been more helpful. Accommodated our request for a room with double beds and extra pillows with no problem. Concierge also was exceptionally helpful. Great location.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Grandbob,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that we accommodate all of your needs and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon! Thank you for the kind words about our staff!

Best regards,