“Four Seasons Chicago - Husband's 50 birthday celebration”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous 4 day celebration for my husband's big birthday. The location is wonderful - shopping is fab - our room (suite) was perfect on a high floor. The concierge Kirsten and her team is dynamite with their recommendations on restaurant and almost any event you want to go. We enjoyed breakfast every morning at their restaurant and even the opportunity to meet their new Executive Chef Stephen who is from NYC also! He personally gave us a tour of the kitchen with rose on hand and truffles with our pizza making. (We are extreme foodies - with passion to visit fine dining establishments). Walk to the beach - take the L - Millienium Park is a must with concerts, art shows, etc., Art Institute, wonderful restaurants for foodies such as ourselves. It is our first trip to Chicago (love the Cubs) and we loved every minute thanks to our positive experiences at FS - planning to return with the kids. It's our first travel without our kids, and Chicago is full of activities for kids! Go to Chinatown - great food, inexpensive, good service. Finally on our last day my husband and I drove around in a Porsche 911 convertible courtesy of Porsche's America tour at fine establishments such as Four Seasons.
Last week, we were at a Cape Cod resort (5 stars) and cannot help but reminise about our stay at Four Seasons. We cannot stop thinking about our Chicago trip - thank you FS Chicago! Worthy of #1 in Chicago!

Room Tip: High floors at suite is way to go! excellent amenities in room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HolidayFun2012
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear HolidayFun2012,

Thank you so much for the nice note! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that your husband had a wonderful birthday weekend. We are happy that you were able to meet Chef while dining in Allium!

We hope to welcome you back to Chicago for many more special occasions.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to attend the Dave Matthews Band concert and we were treated like royalty! From the champagne welcome to the dessert tray sent to our room, we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay: spectacular views, spectacular service (thank you Michal Dedera!), spectacular perks (2 hour ride in a Porsche!)! Our cheeks were sore from all the smiling :-). If you wish to spend a luxurious night surrounded by beauty in the heart of Chicago then this is the place for you!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura H

Dear Laura H,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy that you were able to take a Porsche out during your time here. Thank you for the nice notes about our staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My kids and I spent 3 wonderful days at the Four Seasons Chicago last weekend. I am a huge Four Seasons fan and this stay didn't disappoint. They do a great job with kids and this stay was no different, the attention to detail is what keeps me coming back to FS.

Check in was a breeze, the manager on duty came to say hi, and we got upgraded to two executive suites. When we got to the room, there were 3 Four Seasons Chicago caps, 3 four Seasons Chicago t-shirts, 3 stuffed animals and 3 robes in different sizes laid out for my kids. There was also a list of kids activities within the hotel, such as ice cream bar and pizza making. There's even a kid's playroom inside the hotel! The bathroom was thoughtfully appointed with a step stool for the little ones, kids bath amenities and a different colored plastic cup for each child. Turndown service always left sweet treats, such as cupcakes and build your own cookies.

The hotel is in a fantastic location at one end of Mag Mile, it was convenient to shopping of all sorts, Giordano's Pizza, Jamba Juice was across the street for a quick and easy breakfast. The hotel is attached to a mall with Bloomingdale's.

The staff were all friendly and the bellman was a great help getting us out the door and in a cab for our early morning flight.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a great experience and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Healingmywings

Dear Healingmywings,

We love to welcome children to the hotel and I am so glad to hear that your kids had a good time during your stay and enjoyed the amenities in the room. Thank you so much for the nice notes about our staff.

We hope to welcome you and your children back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago very soon for another weekend visit.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel has some of the best service I have ever seen. My wife and I travel for both work and pleasure. We have never stayed in a hotel with better service. We are also pleased with how they make the stay enjoyable for kids.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Nicholas L

Dear Nicholas L,

Thank you so much for the nice note. We are delighted to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back for business or a weekend getaway with your children very soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A truly wonderful hotel and staff. Perfect location for walking to all the mag mile shops and a stroll by the water. Luxurious room with no amenity overlooked. The beds are amazing!!! Impeccable you won't want to leave!!

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank K H

Dear K H,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your nice comments about our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Not surprising, this Four Seasons Hotel lives up to the company's very high standards for service, amenities, comfort and location. I had a room with a view of the Lake and it was spectacular. The restaurant was good but I struggled to find something that really interested me on the menu. My suggestion would be to include some more traditional selections that may appeal to a wider audience.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms as this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Scarlett42909,

Thank you for your feedback about our menu. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room while you were here.

We hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I searched high and low for a hotel that would accommodate three adults (who don't want to touch each other at night) in one room. We were there for a birthday celebration and girls' weekend out. It exceeded all my expectations. The location is ideal for culture and sightseeing as well as shopping. The staff was superb, and the lobby staff will prepare you a lovely cup of tea or coffee any time of day for free. The beds were deliciously comfortable and we had a lovely view. When we said it was a birthday, they even supplied a beautiful fruit plate in the room with a message written in chocolate (again for free). We found a great rate on the Internet for a room with a king-size bed and roll-out. I'll alway try to stay here when I come to Chicago!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 4_kids_on_the_loose

Dear 4_kids_on_the_lo,

I am so happy to hear that we were able to make the birthday celebration a memorable one! Thank you for the nice notes about our staff and hotel. I am glad that we were able to find a room that accommodate your needs.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for many more special occasions.