“A truly great hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We stayed at the Four Seasons as part of my 50th birthday holiday. It wasn't our intention to stay there as I had thought I had booked the Sofitel but had managed to get the dates wrong on the booking (full marks to the Sofitel for refunding my pre-paid room though and organisation a short notice transfer to the Four Seasons). We could not have been happier with everything at the Four Seasons, we did upgrade to a suite but it was well worth it. It truly is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and without bragging I have stayed in a lot of good hotels around the world. The room was wonderfully quiet and the bed so large and comfortable that both my wife and I had the best nights sleep we have had in any hotel. The staff are outstanding, particularly the front desk, the concierge and bell hop. The only slight niggles I have are that the cocktails were not great, or not as great as the rest of the hotel, but I guess most people can live with that! And that getting a taxi outside can be a slow process (top tip - walk down to east delaware, over Michigan Ave and you will pick up a taxi outside the hotel there much more quickly. Its a 2 minute walk). This is not a criticism of the hotel, just a function of its location.
I recommend this hotel strongly to anyone visiting Chicago. We loved Chicago and will be coming back in the summertime, and will definitely be staying at the Four Seasons again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
FSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

Dear merton-101,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay celebrating your birthday. I am very pleased to read that circumstances worked out that we had the opportunity to host you while you were in Chicago for this special occasion. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you would recommend your experience to other travelers. My colleagues and I appreciate your kind remarks regarding the quality of our service and hotel! We have recently launched a new cocktail menu that I do hope you try on your next stay and let us know your feedback. I look forward to an opportunity to personally welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Four Seasons Chicago is a "total guest focus" place - amazing consistency of excellent and attentive and friendly service from the entire staff - not a single "dud" in the mix. They must be attracting and training with a lot of discipline, it's really a standout in service.

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Larchmont Traveler,

Thank you for the comments you shared on your experience with us. We are delighted to read your kind remarks regarding our staff and service. Four Seasons as a company invests greatly in their employees, and I know our staff will be pleased to read your feedback. I look forward to personally welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2011

Just a spectacular hotel. Stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday. The location is a dream -- right above the 900 North Michigan shops. Across from some delicious restaurants (highly recommend Spiaggia). All around perfect experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
FSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Dear kjamesonsr,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us at Four Seasons Chicago this past Thanksgiving. We are always pleased to know our guests enjoyed their stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2011

This is the second time I've stayed here after coming to Chicago on business for years.

The service and rooms fall in line with true Four Seasons excellence. (try to get a lake view - the sunrise is absolutely gorgeous -- both times, I've had a full wall of windows in the bedroom as well as the desk in the sitting room)

The highlight for this trip was the incredible massage I just had to tonight. I had the 80 minute, aromatherapy massage. I can't remember her name, but the therapist went above and beyond and did a bit of reflexology -- targeting my neck, back and even digestive system health!

Very pleased and will definately be back.

the 80 minute, Aromatherapy massage. The therapist can adjust touch for mild or deep-tissue. My gal also did a bit of reflexology for neck, back and even digestive system health!

• Stayed: January 2011
FSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Dear KrisBrown2001,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and hope to welcome you back on your future stays in Chicago. I am delighted to read your kind remarks regarding the quality of our team, service, and brand and know my colleagues will be equally pleased to hear that their efforts in personalizing your experience throughout the Hotel met your needs.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 December 2010

A feeling of warmth fills you as you enter the hotel. The staff are warm, friendly and go out of their way to make you feel right at home. The Four Seasons is located in downtown Chicago and is minutes away from the shopping areas as well as Lincoln Zoo. I had a stunning view of Lake Michigan as I sipped my morning coffee. The breakfast was excellent and the perfect start to the day. Superb!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We loved the FS Chicago. They upgraded us to a fabulous suite overlooking the lake. The room and location was great. There was construction going on and we never noticed. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I went to meet a friend in Chicago and we stayed here for 3 nights. It was heavenly! Service was great, all requests were delivered promptly and with a smile. The bed and room was comfortable and it's convenient for shopping, especially in the winter when you don't want to go outside. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends