“great location, fun room layout” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile

Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #76 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Appleton, WI
“great location, fun room layout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed just one night but had a great experience. Friendly staff, clean rooms. We will definitely stay again. Only minor complaint is location of our room next to cleaning service entrance, lots of door noise in the morning but bed is located away from the hall so it was minor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Before travelling to Chicago I simply "came across" MileNorth in my search for a place to stay. From making telephone reservations and my arrival late in the evening due to a storm until my departure I was completely satisfied. All staff I encountered were very welcoming and friendly. They were quite attentive without "going over the top". My questions were answered clearly and when I asked for suggestions re: sites to see, transportation or anything, they were most knowledgeable. My room was pleasant and clean and each time I returned to it, it felt like I was coming home to a comfortable and quiet space. To have the combination of a city's activity and space to relax so accessible to each other was appreciated. The restaurant food and bar service were both great and accessible. The location of MileNorth is excellent as well, enabling you to reach all points of interest with ease. It's a very comfortable neighborhood. The public transit system is very user-friendly. I felt I achieved good value, comfort and a great "home base". I will definitely return on my next visits to a great city and a the experience of a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel, and it was again exceptional. Great service, great location and the room was fantastic. You are right next to a bunch of shopping and the original Gino's East. The service is extremely friendly and accommodating as well. We got their suite again, which is spacious. There are some slightly different hotel policies I noticed - you have to be 21 to rent a room, they do not change your sheets / towels unless requested, no room service, the option of a $5 hotel credit if you don't get room service, and no wet bar or water in the room - but none effected us. I love the addition of the restaurant downstairs, they make a mean old fashioned.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

So... I have not actually stayed here, but the pictures look gorgeous and living in Chicago, I know this is an AWESOME location. However, I called them for a room donation for a charity event that I am attending this weekend. They were more than generous and I was so grateful. I will recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Chicago as they were overly accommodating and so friendly. Service like this is hard to come by and that makes them top notch in my book!

1 Thank Dmtirone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Probably the best hotel I've stayed in! Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. I booked a queen suite and it was everything I could have hoped for. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was modern and quiet. This place will definitely be my go to spot when I'm in Chicago. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jthurber10
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We got a groupon deal so did not pay an arm and a leg to stay at this hotel. No matter what the price, it was great. Centrally located for tourism needs, we walked there from the El with our luggage and didn't need a car.
The hotel is beautifully decorated (bathroom was exceptionally great with a full tub and sea rte huge shower) and the lobby encourages relaxing as it has a Starbucks and a bar/restaurant. The staff was great, especially Dan M, who went above and beyond helping guests during our stay.
If you are traveling to Chicago check this out. We were able to walk to wonderful restaurants, the Hancock tower, and took cabs to every place else. Beautiful even in the frigid winter.

Room Tip: We were in room 509. Shades had trouble opening and closing but otherwise the room was enormous (han...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel through expedia and thought it would be a wonderful "luxurious" king suite with a city view. We were assigned room 2408. The room was the first disappointment, the "city view" we paid extra for was basically impossible to see through the condensation (and later, frost) on the double pane windows. The suite was no bigger than a regular hotel room, there just had a bunch of wasted square footage by the door. There was a constant machine noise, presumably the compressors on tops of adjacent buildings, very noticeable from the bed area. The bathroom had no fan, and was right next to the bed- gross. The bed seemed small for a king. The staff was good and bad. We loved Joel at the door and Manny in the bar as well as breakfast staff but front desk staff left much to be desired. The customer service we enjoyed all over the city just never came to this front desk. I never felt that "welcome" feel. No room service, breakfast is buffet only NO MENU. Wifi was never able to connect. Overall, it was a disappointment and we will look for a more tried and true hotel in the future.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ohio-614-couple
GregStaley, Director of Sales at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Good Afternoon,

I was sorry to read about your sub par stay at our property. We are much better than that and would like to rectify the situation. If you could please contact me to discuss I would appreciate it.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Greg Staley | Director of Sales & Marketing