“Affordable and nice.”

Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #74 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel is ideal if you have to visit any businesses on N. Michigan Ave. This proximity allows for good roam-around options. The views from some of the rooms is really good. And, it is noise free :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Andrea M, Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Venkatesh-Prasad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel. We are delighted to read your appraisal of your room and accommodations. We appreciate your kind comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by Cynthia at the front desk. We were given the wrong room on accident but they upgraded us to a suite immediately after they found out which was appreciated very much. Our A/C coil froze as well which caused our room to become very warm but there was someone there to fix it within 30 minutes of telling them about it. The shower curtain absorbed some of the water and leaked it onto the floor once or twice. We really enjoyed that you are given $5 each day you choose to forgo a full room cleaning. We also appreciated the mini-fridge because many hotels don't supply those anymore. The suite provided a secured lock box (although we didn't use it) and plenty of storage. A con was the television. The television is a high definition set on a expensive wall mount and it has, what seems to be, below standard definition cable access. We didn't watch much but some of the channels reminded me of the days of rabbit ears. This was the case in both rooms so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a room specific issue. Throughout our stay, we needed new towels and an extra pillow. With the towels, they said they would be up in a bit and they never showed up so we called the next morning and they eventually came while we were out all day. With the pillow, we called at around 9 o'clock and we again didn't get it that night but eventually the next day while we were out. The hotel has two elevators for floors 7-29, which isn't quite enough. We were only there for four days and it wasn't extremely busy yet on several occasions, we waited longer than ideal. I know this isn't something that can just be changed instantly, I just wanted to let readers aware. There is a fantastic coffee shop in the lobby as well. Overall, we really love the hotel and it's location but the somewhat shady service and rough television/shower curtain situations kept it from receiving a 5/5 rating. We would recommend the hotel and plan on returning!

Room Tip: Upgrading to something with a city view is definitely worth every penny. The couch and chair in the...

Hello TannerV,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel. I apologize for some of the service issues you experienced during your visit. We are working very hard to ensure this is an isolated incident. If you do find yourself back in Chicago, we welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest. Please contact me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation to ensure an excellent stay.

MileNorth Hotel | 166 East Superior | Chicago, IL 60611
Office 312-787-0139 | Email: amiller2@destinationhotels.com

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Milenorth is a great hotel and I love the new renovations! The designer really did a great job. As an architect with an extensive design background working in Barcelona and New York, I appreciate when a hotel pays attention to detail. The new mobile concierge service they offer is awesome, too! Powered by Chicago based startup, UrbanBuddy, I was connected to a local expert in under 2 minutes! Very cool. UrbanBuddy helped me with anything I needed from where to eat, how to get around and what to do! Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello floydglobal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel. We are delighted to read your appraisal of our architectural design and our new concierge service, Urban Buddy. We appreciate your kind comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at The Milenorth the weekend of May 31st. When we checked in I asked if they could bring us up two champagne glasses (we were there to celebrate our first wedding anniversary). After 45 minutes of not recieving the glasses I called and again asked that they send us up two glasses; we finally recieved those 30 minutes later.

The hotel was in a great location, right off Michicgan Ave by Watertower. We walked ever where, while Millenium Park, Grant Park & Navy Pier aren't close about a 30 min walk everywhere you go will be a walk.

The hotel was very nice on the inside, the little cafe and all the seating was nice. We only used it to get something to drink Sunday morning. Our room was just fine, nothing outstanding big bed with chair and smal table. The room did not have much lighting and there we no light switches, you had to turn them on at the lamp. We did have view of the the Hancock building. The best part about the room was the bathoom, it was very large and had a huge walk in shower. The shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were attached to the shower wall, but they were full size bottles and you didn't have to worry about using all of it before your spouse had a shower.

The worst problem I had was when we checked out and found out there was a $4.95 hotel service fee. I called the front desk to find out what this charge was since I hadn't been told about it during check in. I was told that this was a Hotel Service fee that is added to all bills. The women at the front desk said I could find it on my confirmation reciept. I wlooked and was still unable to find it, I was then told that this fee went to the Children's hospital next door. This didn't sound right to me and I explained that to the guest services person. At that point she said it's only $4.95 and I'll refund it for you. While I agree with the women $4.95 is not a lot of money I still don't think it's good to sneak in those extra charges.

1  Thank Julie B
Andrea M, Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Julie,

Thank you very much for visiting MileNorth Hotel and for sharing the details of your stay. Our culture is to ensure that we create the best experience for each and every one of our guests. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I have shared your review with my colleagues, so that we can pinpoint the misunderstanding and address this going forward.

Thank you so much for the kind words on all our facilities. We certainly trust that you will return at the earliest opportunity, so that we may provide you with our normal levels of service.

All the best,

Amy R.
Director of Operations
312-787-6000

Reviewed 1 June 2014

MileNorth is an OK hotel, maybe even good at it's price tag. The rooms are large and the interior has a modern touch to it, though it is not entirely up-to-date I'd say, it's between eighties classic and late nineties, might be updated once more.
We had the option to opt out from housekeeping, which is great for two reasons; first of all it's better for the environment but you also get a 5$ voucher to spent at their breakfast/lunch eatery (Ferris & Jack).
A definite minor would be the charge of $15 for hotel service fees (for 3 nights). First of all; not much service that we received/used would fit into such category, more important; never in the booking process jetsetter mentioned such a fee. When I pointed that out the staff was so kind as to drop this fee. The shared spaces in the hotel are comfortable, modern and stylish.

Room Tip: A higher room gives a better view.
1  Thank phutjens
Andrea M, Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello PimH,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel. If you do find yourself back in Chicago, we welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest. Please contact me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation to ensure an excellent stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Beds and pillows weren't as comfy as some other places I've stayed but the room was cute and spacious
The deli/coffee counter in the lobby was really nice
Hotel staff was very friendly. Wish there was a pool. Rooftop was also a treat

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello Kellylabanco,

Thank you very much for visiting MileNorth Hotel and sharing the details of your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience of the pillows. I have alerted my colleagues of this matter but happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to having you back next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in the Milenorth hotel in Chicago for week in May 2014 and again found it a very pleasent stay. It is a block from Michigan Avenue close to all the great shops on Magnificient mile. It is also about a 30 min walk to Millenium Park and Grant Park where you you could easily spend a few hours in the parks. The hotel itself was very clean and welll run and could find no fault with hotel or staff.I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Chicago.

1  Thank Martin B

Hello Martin,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our team's efforts to ensure you received an excellent experience. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!