“Very Central”

Ranked #75 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
CA
“Very Central”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

A very nice hotel, we'll kept, friendly and efficient staff, nice rooms and right in the middle of things. Only one block from the main street, and close to all the attractions. Close to all transportation also. They have a nightclub on the roof.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Andrea M, General Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Brian R.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel. We are delighted to read your appraisal of your room and accommodations. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the professionalism of our team. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Steven Ellingsen | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong. I've stayed at fleabag motel 8 stops in the middle of nowhere that were worse hotels. This place is worse if only that I paid $300 a night for a dirty, outdated room with paper thin walls and towels like sandpaper. The bed is rock hard and the sheets are poor quality for mental hospital. We should have expected a problem when we checked in and were downgraded. We called twice to confirm yet our suite with a view on a high floor became a low floor king. Their solution, offer us two free drinks! No discount. To make things worse, the TV is all snow and half the channels don't work. I think after this I'm going for a touch of luxary at the residence inn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Micah S
Dear Micah S,

Thank you very much for visiting MileNorth Hotel and for sharing the details of your stay. Our culture is to ensure that we create the best experience for each and every one of our guests. We are disappointed that you experienced several issues and we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your review with my colleagues so we can address these concerns for our future guests.

I welcome the opportunity to speak further about your personal experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below.

Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked this hotel through Priceline and didn't realize that the hotel would not guarantee a room with two beds. When we arrived we were offered a room with a queen bed and not even enough room for a roll away. Since I must have my own space, we upgraded to a king suite. The staff was very helpful with this and the room was so spacious! Some reviewers liked eating at Gino's next door, but neither of us were impressed and the lines were long. We enjoyed walking down St. Clair and eating at Elephant and Castle. And breakfast at the Corner Bakery on the same street was just right.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy M
Nicole R, General Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hello Judy,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and received an excellent experience. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was slightly disapointed by this hotel, but perhaps my expectations were too high.

I used to live in Chicago and visit often. Was not aware of this hotel, but saw a promotion on Jetsetter that advertised a "large suite spread out over two floors with a seperate living room, sofabed..." I decided to splurge, dreams of a duplex room dancing in my head which was perfect as we were in Chicago visiting friends and wanted a seperate place to hang out that wasn't right in our bedroom.

We arrived for our late check-in and the front desk person was friendly, but slow in getting us sorted out. We were also surprised to hear there would be an additional daily tax that was not stated in the Jetsetter price.

The first room we were shown was far from "spread out over two floors." It was a small entrance way with a desk and chair that leads down a few steps to a living room and bedroom area that are not seperated. There was a very small bathroom with one sink and a toilet with a crack in it. The living area also only had two chairs (no couch) and no coffee table so entertaining was out of the question.

We went back downstairs and were switched to another room, the exact same layout and just one floor higher (this one did have a sofabed and table). The view from the 10th floor was south and overlooked a parking structure and some basic office buildings. Nothing special.

The mini bar was oddly loud and not stocked (which for me is fine since I would rather stock it myself, but I found that strange).

The room was right next door to the elevator, but it was fine and quiet.

The lock on the door of our room was jammed and we had a few close calls with not being able to get out of the room.

At check out, I argued the addition of the daily tax as my reservation stated that all taxes and fees were included. They took some time conferring with a manager, but ultimately waived the charge.

All told, it was fine, just not special. I do think they may need to dial back their room descriptions to something that more closely resembles the truth.

Room Tip: 10th floor did not have much of a view. Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear meliberk,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the last year while visiting our daughter who lives two blocks away. The location is incredible. The rooms are large, very clean, and huge bathrooms. The fitness center is very well maintained. And, the staff is great! They remembered us on all of our visits. I booked the hotel on Orbitz and got a great rate every time, too. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: There are two towers. We have stayed in both. One side has views of the street and are more expensiv...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Ann!

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Would definitely return here. It had a hip vibe, with spacious, and clean rooms. Close to everything that I wanted to be close to (Navy Pier, parks, shopping).

The unique eclectic style that the hotel had was welcoming and super friendly. Unlike most hotels where you are afraid to touch things, this hotel was really fun and trendy.

Great staff, food, and rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Ashley,

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a good stay and enjoyed the location but got an unexpected services bill at the end of our stay. on checking-in a deposit was taken for $60 which we were told was for incidentals and were assured would be refunded at the end of our stay. On check-out $40 was deducted from the deposit for wifi which is advertised as free on the website. This low score is due to this sting at the end of our stay. Why say it will be refunded when there is every intention of this deduction.

Hamza

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hamza51
Hello Hamza51,

Thank you for visiting MileNorth Hotel and for sharing the details of your stay. Our culture is to ensure that we create the best experience for each and every one of our guests. I sincerely apologize that your check out experience was less than stellar. I have shared your review with my colleagues so we can address these concerns going forward.