“Great location and good value”

Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #77 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Albany NY
“Great location and good value”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We recently spent two nights at MileNorth while visiting Chicago colleges. The location is perfect for sightseeing, shopping and dining out. We had a king suite on the 24th floor for two adults and one teenager; she was comfortable on the queen size pullout. The square footage of the room was ample, just would have preferred different use of the space. Better separation between the sleeping area and the sofa would have been helpful. Lots of square footage in the foyer/desk area which is really unused, I would suspect, by many guests. Bathroom was fine but really tiny. Bring your own blow dryer, because the one supplied by the hotel has a 2' cord, requiring you to stay very close to the wall while drying your hair! And there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, making the room quite steamy following your shower. Finally, the bedding is not very plush - thin sheets, especially on the pullout sofa, did not make me feel as if I were staying in a high-end hotel. All in all, adequate accommodations in a fantastic city!

Room Tip: As with most cities, avoid renting a car. Parking at MileNorth was $58 per night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nicole R, Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Trudy,

Thank you for your input on your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and took full advantage of sight seeing and everything Chicago has to offer. I sincerely apologize that your room accommodations did not meet your expectation. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below. We welcome you back next time you are in the Windy City!

Steven Ellingsen
312-787-6000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Loved the location steps from magnificent mile. Beautiful and upgraded suites and very helpful staff. Our swipe room key didn't work and after a considerable wait in the hallway we were offered an upgrade on another floor while the technician tried to fix the problem. Staff were very apologetic. Staff in the main floor bar were very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea M, General Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Brian,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our team's efforts to ensure you received an excellent experience. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Location. Nice place. We had bad waiter in the rooftop bar. Bring $$$ We walked to breakfast at Sunny Side Up. Staff was friendly. Wasn't to much of a wait at elevators but crowded at times. Overall good hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mark,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our team's efforts to ensure you received an excellent experience. We apologize that the rooftop service did not meet your expectations. This has been communicated to my colleagues for improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

CA
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

A very nice hotel, we'll kept, friendly and efficient staff, nice rooms and right in the middle of things. Only one block from the main street, and close to all the attractions. Close to all transportation also. They have a nightclub on the roof.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Brian R.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel. We are delighted to read your appraisal of your room and accommodations. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the professionalism of our team. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong. I've stayed at fleabag motel 8 stops in the middle of nowhere that were worse hotels. This place is worse if only that I paid $300 a night for a dirty, outdated room with paper thin walls and towels like sandpaper. The bed is rock hard and the sheets are poor quality for mental hospital. We should have expected a problem when we checked in and were downgraded. We called twice to confirm yet our suite with a view on a high floor became a low floor king. Their solution, offer us two free drinks! No discount. To make things worse, the TV is all snow and half the channels don't work. I think after this I'm going for a touch of luxary at the residence inn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Micah S
Dear Micah S,

Thank you very much for visiting MileNorth Hotel and for sharing the details of your stay. Our culture is to ensure that we create the best experience for each and every one of our guests. We are disappointed that you experienced several issues and we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your review with my colleagues so we can address these concerns for our future guests.

I welcome the opportunity to speak further about your personal experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below.

Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked this hotel through Priceline and didn't realize that the hotel would not guarantee a room with two beds. When we arrived we were offered a room with a queen bed and not even enough room for a roll away. Since I must have my own space, we upgraded to a king suite. The staff was very helpful with this and the room was so spacious! Some reviewers liked eating at Gino's next door, but neither of us were impressed and the lines were long. We enjoyed walking down St. Clair and eating at Elephant and Castle. And breakfast at the Corner Bakery on the same street was just right.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy M
Nicole R, General Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hello Judy,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and received an excellent experience. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was slightly disapointed by this hotel, but perhaps my expectations were too high.

I used to live in Chicago and visit often. Was not aware of this hotel, but saw a promotion on Jetsetter that advertised a "large suite spread out over two floors with a seperate living room, sofabed..." I decided to splurge, dreams of a duplex room dancing in my head which was perfect as we were in Chicago visiting friends and wanted a seperate place to hang out that wasn't right in our bedroom.

We arrived for our late check-in and the front desk person was friendly, but slow in getting us sorted out. We were also surprised to hear there would be an additional daily tax that was not stated in the Jetsetter price.

The first room we were shown was far from "spread out over two floors." It was a small entrance way with a desk and chair that leads down a few steps to a living room and bedroom area that are not seperated. There was a very small bathroom with one sink and a toilet with a crack in it. The living area also only had two chairs (no couch) and no coffee table so entertaining was out of the question.

We went back downstairs and were switched to another room, the exact same layout and just one floor higher (this one did have a sofabed and table). The view from the 10th floor was south and overlooked a parking structure and some basic office buildings. Nothing special.

The mini bar was oddly loud and not stocked (which for me is fine since I would rather stock it myself, but I found that strange).

The room was right next door to the elevator, but it was fine and quiet.

The lock on the door of our room was jammed and we had a few close calls with not being able to get out of the room.

At check out, I argued the addition of the daily tax as my reservation stated that all taxes and fees were included. They took some time conferring with a manager, but ultimately waived the charge.

All told, it was fine, just not special. I do think they may need to dial back their room descriptions to something that more closely resembles the truth.

Room Tip: 10th floor did not have much of a view. Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends