Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Sofitel
US$424
US$357
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
3,468 results
All reviewsrooftop barmilenorth hotelgreat locationneiman marcusgino's pizzaqueen suitemichigan avenuenorthwestern hospitalmagnificent milewater towermag milehancock towernavy pierwould definitely stay here againcity viewstreet noisevalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Apart from the location, great, but it stops there. Upon check-in, I was informed I would have a queen bed. I asked for a king size bed, and I was told there would be a charge for going up to a king. GIVE ME A BREAK, a surcharge for going from a queen to a king. When I got up to the room, it was like a oven. I could not get the air to work and needed to call twice before getting service. Everything in the room had a charge associated to it, even down to the coffee, $1.00. Now what's up with that? I was very disappointed in the size of the bathroom. Very small. I have stayed there twice and with so many other options, I feel this will be my last.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
AffiniaChicagoGM, Director of Operations at Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2010

Dear Buffed112859,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Chicago. We apologize for the inconveniences that we have caused you during your stay, and I can guarantee you that we addressed your concerns with our teams.

If you do place your confidence in us again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 6 April 2010

My stay at the Affinia was perfect.
At check-in the front desk person was great and throughout my stay, the staff were very helpful. The room was clean and well laid-out.
Only two blocks from the Red Line.
I would definitely stay here again.

Kevin

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank seatsale

Dear seatsale,

Thank you very much for your positive comments on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel at home here in Chicago. We look forward having you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

I was disappointed in the hotel . It did not feel as art deco as I thought it would be . It felt as if it was designed by somone using cheap material and labor. My 1st room had a moldy smell and was small and had no bathtub. I arrived early and was given the room. I ask for another room and was serviced promptly when I told them I was extremely tired. The 2cd room was much better; it was on the 16th floor . Maybe the higher rooms are better. I was surprised to have to pay for coffee and tea.NO! NO!NO! There was a nice selection of snack to purchase in the room. This is good because there is no gift shop. I had to call the front desk for ice which was promptly delivered. I am used to the ice machine and prefer them. The location of the hotel is great. The Bellman were all so pleasant . I did not see the concierge at the desk but the front desk people helped me. When I arrived I did feel tension at the desk. It may have been because it was busy. The front desk people were very pleasant each time I came down. I probably will not return but will recommend the hotel to others but tell them the good and no so good. The price was good also. The bed and pillows were incredible. I rested quite well.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo

Dear contented60,

Thank you for staying with us during this month's stay in Chicago. We are glad that our staff served you promptly and also appreciate your constructive feedback regarding your visit.
If you choose to select us again during your next visit to Chicago, please do contact me directly.

Reviewed 31 March 2010

We stayed at the Affinia Chicago Hotel in March 2010 for 4 days. I reserved my room through Hotwire, so I couldn't choose my hotel. Anyway, I read all the TripAdvisor reviews before going and it's interesting that the hotel never took any action for the bad reviews. They still charge for coffee and this is what customers are saying over and over again. Hello management, listen to your customers! How would you feel if you come home and see a $2 charge on your credit card for in-room coffee? The reception desk staff didn't try to find another room for us and gave us a room with two tiny beds, even though the hotel wasn't completely booked. Had to pay $10.00 for Internet everyday and the hotel didn't have free WiFi even in the lobby area which most hotels now a days have. Overall, I got a very cheap feeling and didn't feel appreciated. On the positive side, the bellman, concierge and other front-line support staff (other than reception desk) were very friendly. The location is also quite nice. I think the managements view is hey we're doing OK, so why try to go to the next level by increasing our cost. I understand that, but I'm also not going to stay here next time, unless I get a super deal through on-line travel sites.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear ManzoorMissouri,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive comments on our staff and are looking into the items that caused your stay to be less satisfied as expected. We do hope to see you again at the Affinia Chicago Hotel.

Reviewed 28 March 2010

Bring ear plugs and you will be fine! It is noisy outside and the walls are paper thin, but apart from that it is fine. Good location, huge rooms, fine service, some extras like a yoga kit delivered to your room - and I paid 60 dollars per night through Expedia! That is good value! I

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business