3,624 results
All reviews rooftop bar great location gino's pizza michigan avenue northwestern hospital magnificent mile mag mile water tower king suite navy pier would definitely stay here again great rate boutique hotel street noise valet parking few blocks affinia
Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

This was my second visit, first was 1 night strictly for business. Both times I have been extremely impressed with the accommodations and the staff.

Lobby and rooms are both updated and modern. I will tell you a deciding factor for booking this hotel was the lobby coffee shop and convenience to dining and shops. The lobby is comfy and clean, perfect to lounge with a coffee or beer, read the paper or watch the game.

The rooms are VERY large. This time booked the King suite because I was with my husband and we would be there 3 nights. First time had a double room, both were very spacious but we really loved the suite this time for the extended stay. The extra space with the couch gave us room to spread out and just relax.

Staff were very welcoming and helpful our entire stay from the bellmen to the front desk staff. They checked in with us via text a few times throughout out our stay. I thought that was a nice touch.

We did not try the breakfast or dining options within the hotel because we really like getting out and trying the great food scene in the area.

We will be sure to book here again on future trips. We visit the city about 4-5 times a year between business and leisure travel.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank katen000
Reviewed 5 February 2019

Overall a great experience. Parking ramp was 20 steps away, staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions. Our rom was spacious, clean, well decorated and perfect for my mom, my sister and me! Walking distance to a lot of cool stuff!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Ben H, Assistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Hi Haleykacos,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations! We do love the size of our rooms and we will be sure to share this review with our entire hotel. We do hope to see you on your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed 31 January 2019

We enjoyed our stay at the Cambria Hotel. Conveniently located for our trip to see Hamilton. We took the Metra to Millennium Station and walked to the hotel. it is conveniently located right where we could walk to restaurants, the theater and shops. This hotel was very inexpensive for the luxury they provided. The rooms felt slightly smaller than a normal room, but nothing that bothered us. The decor and bathroom were beautiful. One important thing to note - when you walk in the door, you have to take the elevator to the 9th floor to check in. We were a bit confused on where to go because there weren't obvious instructions in the entry way. At first we thought we'd accidentally walked into just the parking garage. Overall, you won't find a place this nice for this price anywhere else in Chicago!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrieparmenter
Reviewed 26 January 2019

I was staying at the Cambria so I could be close to Northwestern hospital for a surgery I was having.....Well first off they say there valet parking is 24hoirs which is a complete lie. I arrived at 7pm and we wereNEVER told we had to be out by any certain time. All that was told to us was it was 24hoirs...Well after a long day of surgery and recovery, we made it back to the hotel valet at 6pm and they told us there was an additional $30 fee for parking bc we didn’t leave by 4pm~ how is that 24hours? Would have been nice for them to communicate that to us! On top of that, they charged my credit card twice and both times they charged it they also charged the parking!!! I was stuck with almost $500 of fees deducted from ,y bank account and NEVER did they apologize. Just kept telling me it would take 3~5 business days to resolve. Maybe if you’re lucky enough to not have those fees impact you, you’d be okay but I’m not in that lucky. I asked to speak to a manager and sat on hold for 20 minutes and nobody ever answered my call....I finally gave up, called my bank and reported fraudulent charges and now I wait. Save your self the time and money and stay somewhere else. There are lots of hotels in the area for the same price! Very disappointed with this hotels practices and customer service.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ben H, Assistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2019

Hi Tourist735714,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and that you are having issues with your billing. We take these surveys very seriously. Please give us a call at the hotel so we can rectify your billing issue. 312-787-2633. Once again, we do apologize.

Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

The rooms are big and spacious and I liked the decorations, even though every room I was in had identical decorations. This was my second stay here for two nights. The elevators can be slow. The second day of my stay I found a bug in the shower and killed it. Then looked at it, with the help of Google it appeared to be a cockroach. It freaked me out and I was very concerned there might be more. I searched and didn't find anymore. I let the front desk know in person right away and told them I left it on the back of the toilet so they could see what it was and treat the room etc. The gentleman apologized and offered me a coffee....I really wanted to move rooms. I was on the way to a conference so I left. When I returned the bug was still there, it appeared no one even went to check on it. I went to the front desk again and explained to a young man and young lady about it. They didn't seem concerned and offered me a $10 voucher for the bar while they had a maintenance man remove it. That is it.....very poor customer service. The room was not treated they just removed the dead bug. I was shocked. I would have at least expected to be offered a new room and maybe a free night for the inconveniences. A coffee which I declined and a drink....really. when I did go back up to my room the maintenance man was in the elevator and did confirm it was a cockroach I am going to have to leave my luggage out in the cold for several days when I get home because I am concerned about them finding a way to follow me home.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Ben H, Assistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

HI Katlovessun,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I do apologize that the cleanliness of your guest rooms did not meet your expectations and that when reported it was not promptly addressed. This is not the typical service that we pride ourselves in. We do take this very seriously and I will be following up with the necessary departments. If you do give us another opportunity in the future, please contact me directly as I will ensure a perfect stay. Once again, we do apologize.