The Whitehall Hotel
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
1,809 results
All reviewsgreat locationfront deskthe magnificent milemichigan avenuewater tower placehancock towerolder hotelrush streetcomfortable bedvalet parkingthe gold coastdowntown chicagomag milemini bargreat roomfour seasonscorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just had 3 night stay at The Whitehall.. Had a very nice room, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. Bathroom although clean could do with an upgrade. Definitely showing its age !! We had 2 fridges in room - one was a minibar and other one just empty. We came back one night and realised that the fridge had suddenly been locked. This would not have been an issue if we had only wanted our water but my friend has Insulin medication in there. I contacted Front Desk who said "they would look into it" about 5 mins later we heard a click and the fridge was suddenly opened !! I did speak to the Front Desk in the morning but no-one could actually give me a straight answer why the fridge was suddenly locked remotely. I was not happy as if we had needed the Insulin urgently there may have been a problem. I assume Hotel is going to charge people for using the Fridge in the future.
We used the bar once, only people in there. Went in one night about 10.30pm and was closed !!
Hotel in good location, we went everywhere on bus and subway. Chicago is a great city !!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear DEBRALLondonU_k,

Thank you for choosing the Whitehall hotel and sharing your review with us. We recently renovated most of our rooms here at the hotel and are continuing to improve the rooms. We have also recently upgraded our minibars and have experienced some technical difficulties since implementing the system. I do apologize that this caused issues during your stay with us. We hope to have the issues fixed and will inform the staff so that they may relay the information to our guests. I understand that in a situation like needing to keep insulin cool that this can be frustrating. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our wonderful city and I hope that you choose the Whitehall for any future trips. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally so that I may ensure that your next stay with us is nothing short of fantastic.

Regards,
Sean Coghlan
Hotel Manager
The Whitehall Hotel

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed there for four days recently and would definitely come back again. The hotel is reasonably priced considering it is a block from the expensive shopping on Michigan Ave. and walking distance from the Gold Coast. The room was clean and a decent size and the hotel staff was pleasant and efficient. The only negative mark I would give it was for the fitness room. The photos uses the magic of mirrors to give the impression the fitness room is much larger. The fitness room is small with two treadmills (one not working) and an elliptical trainer, since I was the only person using the room I didn't care, but this can be a problem for the exercise inclined.I didn't come to Chicago to use the fitness room, however, and overall I think the hotel is an excellent place to stay when visiting Chicago, because of it's location, staff and price.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view, ours was looking at the side of a building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear markyjol,

Thank you for your most recent review of the Whitehall. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We have a wonderful staff here and our number one goal is to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and happy with their stay. I do apologize for the issue you had with the treadmill. I can assure you that our engineering team has since repaired it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out the review and I do hope that when you are in Chicago that you visit with us again.

Sean Coghlan

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and 4 nights and the staff was friendly and extremely helpful.
I would like to give a shout out to Toni our receptionist, Alex our doorman and Jim in maintenance for making our first time in Chicago a pleasant one.

Perfect location, near the lake, 360 (old John Hancock building), resturants and subway.

Room Tip: Some rooms are just outside the elevator, so you might want to request one down the hall.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great service by Debbie...super friendly and helpful, perfect location, first room was so so, second room was great. This is a nice, functional, well located hotel where everything worked and the stay was pleasant...its a good deal

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in the Whitehall Hotel in Chicago the middle of May 2014. The people are super friendly and helpful. The rooms, while smaller than one might be used to, are lovely. Our room had a marvelous view down East Delaware Place to Lake Michigan. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business