“I hope to come back again”

Ranked #79 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We spend 4 beautiful nights at the whitehall
When arriving we received a very nice reception ,they gave us a nice room , quiet, clean and tidy.

The best thing : it was so close to Michigan avenue!!

For sure we expect to return to Chicago, and for sure to the Whitehall again.

Thanks to everybody

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Jose V,

Thank you for your kind words in your recent review of the Whitehall. I was glad to see you were greeted so warmly by the staff. I will certainly pass your comments along to the entire staff. I will also ensure I pass along your comments to the housekeeping staff as they are the ones keeping the rooms clean and tidy. I believe they do a wonderful job keeping a close eye on the small details in the rooms, which can go unnoticed in some hotels.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to you staying at the Whitehall again.

The Whitehall Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,761)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Whitehall is a very nice hotel. I booked this hotel on Hotwire and was surprised at the level of service the hotel provided. Very attentive staff and a spotless room. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It is truly a gem. My stay was a short one and I wish it could have been longer. Thanks for a wonderful nights sleep in a very comfortable room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear houstonguy2010,

I was glad to see we surpassed your exceptions in both cleanliness and service. We have a wonderful staff here that really tries to ensure that all of our guests are well taken care. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the entire staff and especially the housekeepers for the wonderful job they do cleaning the hotel.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope you come back to stay at the Whitehall for a future stay. Hopefully it is for a longer stay!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I want to thank the hotel staff Agustine and Bizarre for helping me out through a rough situation. I was on a business trip and had rented a car. I parked the car at the parking garage across the street, but did not know that the parking lot was cash only.

I usually carry cash and having been overseas for 2 years, my ATM card was expired. After hearing about my ordeal, Agustine and Bizarre were kind enough to lend the $40 so that I could get the car out, get to the bank and return the funds.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Johnhuled,

Thank you for your kind review about the Whitehall. I am truly proud to have individuals like Augustine and Bizarre on staff. They both a caring individuals that really want our guests to enjoy their stay and will stop at nothing to make sure that happens. I will be sure to pass along your comments along with an extra thank you from myself for their "whatever it takes" attitude.

Thank you for choosing the Whitehall for your stay and I hope you come back to visit with us soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Some friends and I spent the week of July4th at the Whitehall. We are Disney members. The room faced the John Hancock Building, was on the 18th floor, and we could see Lake Michigan. The only complaint I could possibly find was with the bathroom being smaller than what I was used to. Other than that, I found everything to be as expected for an historic hotel. It does have a wonderful location for many activities and sightseeing as well as many eating options available, even though the Asian restaurant in the hotel is very good. Also, transportation is close by either by bus or train. I found the front desk and doormen to be most accommodating. Really, I would stay again when I go to Chicago. Elizabeth Pina and company

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Goldengator2014,

Thank you for your recent review of the Whitehall hotel. I was glad to see you were able to enjoy the hotel and it amenities. The location can not be beat for sightseeing and really everything that Chicago has to offer. I am also glad the the staff took such good care of you. It is a wonderful staff that really puts all their effort into being accommodating towards our guests. I will be sure to pass along your comments to them.

Thank you again and we look forward to your returning to stay with us.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I wanted to take the time to say Great location and Huge Thank You! for all you have done with the accommodations for my family. It was so wonderful to have the opportunity to stay at The Whitehall Hotel in the heart of downtown Chicago.
The location was perfect for our function the next morning, the kids enjoyed their stay and the warm comfort of the beds. They wanted to cancel the function just to be able to stay in the comfortable bed a little longer.

The following night was the greatest, the set-up (being able to move from double room to king suite) for me and my husband was outstanding. He was impressed and he embraced the entire weekend with dinner and wine back at the hotel.

I could not have asked for a better service. The valet service, customer service was top notch. It is so hard to find great customer service at some hotels and I have to say, I now know why The Whitehall Hotel is part of Tzell/Signature Travel Network.

You (Michael) and your staff is what I would call “Service with a smile” Thank you so much for providing such excellent service and accommodations.
Leslie

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie B

Dear Leslie B,

Thank you for your wonderful review about the hotel and staff. I was so happy to hear that you and your family really enjoyed your stay with us. I was equally happy to see that Michael and staff took really good care of you and your family. I would have to agree that the staff gives top notch service and they really want to see our guests enjoy their stay. I will be sure to pass your comments along to them.

Thank you for choosing the Whitehall and I do hope you continue to use the Whitehall when you are in Chicago. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

$57 parking fee- must be out by 4 the following day. No AAA or USAA or MILITARY discount. No pool. No continental breakfast- only coffee and tea from 7-11am, no juice or fruit. No cups or glasses by sink. No turn down service at night. Tiny rooms. Horrible views from both windows. Asked for two double beds so they gave me a cot and did not tell me until afterwards that it was $20. I requested a small fridge for groceries and it was $10 per night. No gift shop for amenities. Not boutique style as promised. No ice machines or vending machines- if you wanted ice then you had to call downstairs and this requires yet another tip. The best part was the location but the homeless man who slept outside in the alley agreed. Five nights ended up costing me $950. I was very disappointed and would not recommend this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Select a room with double beds, nice view or stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BeckinAZ
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear BeckinAZ,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Whitehall. I do apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations for your stay. We do offer a AAA discount and I apologize that this was not conveyed to you as it should have been. The $20.00 and $10.00 should have been explained to you and I will ensure that the front desk staff is alerting guests to the additional charges. Unfortunately we are unable to have ice or vending machines on any of our floors due to space constraints, so we offer our guests ice brought to their room, but I do understand where you are coming from in the event that a guest would feel somewhat obligated to give a gratuity.

Again, I apologize for your experience here and please contact me if you would like to discuss it further.

scoghlan@thewhitehallhotel.com

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Whitehall with two girlfriends over the Canadian August long weekend. It was our first time to Chicago and we fell in love with the city - the Whitehall played a big part in making our trip a success.

Service at the hotel is fantastic. Rhonda was extremely helpful upon arrival in helping us with directions and provided us with shopping discounts. Bizarre's personality makes you feel like you are her close friend and she made sure to put a smile on our face every morning. Alex and Cesar the doormen were very helpful and friendly. We miss the staff already!

The hotel's location is perfect - you are a 5 minute walk from the magnificent mile. The room was clean and the hotel has a unique charm about it.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LaurenJenn
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear LaurenJenn,

Thank you for your wonderful review on the Whitehall. I am proud to have such a wonderful staff here at the hotel and their willingness to take care of our guests is second to none. Rhonda knows the city inside and out and loves helping our guests explore the city. Bizarre has a wonderful attitude every single day and has the ability to turn a bad day into a good day just by talking to her. Alex & Cesar are as professional as they come and are constantly looking to make sure that all of our guests are enjoying their stay and are well taken care. Honestly the entire staff is wonderful and these four are just fine examples of the wonderful staff here at the hotel. I will be sure to give them an extra thanks for all they do on a daily basis. I will also be certain to pass on your comments about them. I know they will be pleased that they were able to take such good care of you.

We all look forward to your return to the Whitehall and please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us just as good as this most recent stay. By the looks of it though it looks like the staff already has that taken care of.