“amazing property”

Best Western River North Hotel
Ranked #92 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I stay here often and have found it to be one of the best hotel experience ... own a stained glass restoration business and am in Chicago often lately ... the staff here is extremely friendly and helpful ... hotel was recently remodeled, it is very clean and has free parking ... in downtown Chicago, it is the best value for the price, more importantly, it is welcoming and friendly ...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,388)

Reviewed 19 March 2011

The employees were very helpful and polite.
the heater on the room doesn't work very well and the shower water, didn't have a good temperature and the bed and pillows were awful
the location is awsome

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Let me start by saying my car while parked in their free parking was damaged!! They have yet to contact me back I have called and emailed them!! Do not stay here!! The free parking is not worth it when your lights get busted out!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

We take great pride in our business and contact all guests who contact us. We have spoken to this guest regarding the issue with her car. Unfortunately this guest did not report any damage while they were at our hotel. Any damage that is reported while the car is still on premises is investigated. Unfortunately we do not know what happened in the 24 hrs from when the guest left our hotel and then called in to report damage. As much as we strive to resolve any situation, we cannot always do so.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

I have stayed in many Best Westerns and I have to say this was the worst. The building was unattractive, the staff seemed like they hated their job, except Becky who deserves to work in a nicer hotel. The magnificent mile website sited them as a location sponsoring Moët Chandon specials and upon arrival not one person had even heard of Moët. My partner called down to the front desk on our last night to request two wine glasses and was told that they had none. I knew this was not true since there is a restaurant attached and I do not take no as an answer in customer service. I then called down and requested them and the room service steward rudely stated that in order to honor my request he would have to charge three dollars per plastic wine glass to be brought to the room but could leave them at the front desk for no charge. I was not happy that the hotel needed to nickel and dime me for such trivial items. I will not ever stay at this hotel and will not recommend it to anyone staying in chicago. Worst Best Western ever.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This Best Western was OK, however it is an older place and is actually 2 ajoining buildings. Of course we were put in a room that looked down between the 2 buildings at a gas station, so don't be fooled at the "downtown" Chicago location. Free parking is great, if you want to wait an hour while they try to find your car and remove the 100 other cars that are parked in front of you (you don't park your car, they do, like sardines)
Overall its just average, I probably wouldn't stay there again, just not nice enough for a downtown hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2011

River North is an older hotel- the elevator is very small and slow. When you walk in to the lobby, you can feel that the building is older. However, the decor is updated, the furnishings are quality and attractive. This might be an older establishment, but it is well loved and very well cared for. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The best feature that keeps us coming back is the location- River North sits just outside the Loop, and has FREE PARKING- something that is nearly impossible to find in Chicago. Both times we've been there, we couldn't check in to our room early, but we could "pre-register"- and leave our car there while we went out on the town. They sell passes for the CTA right in the lobby, and around the corner in the lobby there are brochures for any and everything touristy. Ask at the desk about priority seating at Gino's East- the best Chicago style deep dish pizza around- and you won't have to wait in line! The El and bus line are walkable- about 5 blocks to the stops- and if you won't be done doing your thing until after checkout, no worries. You can check out and still leave your car there until 5 p.m.! Great bargain, decent rooms, VERY clean, and the kids always like the indoor pool. Free wifi throughout as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2011

First of all, let me state that I rated this hotel a 3 out of 5 stars because that is what it is. Don't let that keep you from choosing this hotel, though. This is our first choice hotel every time we visit Chicago.

This hotel ALWAYS has great rates and FREE parking and it's in PRIME location! It doesn't get much better than that. My husband and I don't spend a lot of time at the hotel when we go to Chicago for the weekend, so I don't need luxury. But for the price, this hotel is better than expected!! The staff is super friendly!

BIG THANKS TO THE HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER KRISTY!!!!!!!!!! Our last stay was this past weekend and I left my favorite (expensive) pillow there. She called me within 2 hours of us checking out to tell me. They set it aside and a friend picked it up for me. I have never had a hotel "find" anything I've ever left there and I was so impressed with the honestly and prompt attention this hotel gave to my lost item.

The rooms are a bit noisy, but it's Chicago....what do you expect. If you turn the fan on on the window unit, it drowns out all the traffic noise and any noise from the hallway. They have a GREAT swimming pool also!

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. For the price, I cannot complain about ANYTHING!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple