“Best Western River North Tops in Service”

Best Western River North Hotel
Ranked #100 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“Best Western River North Tops in Service”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I'm in sales and stay in many places around the central U. S. and one place I always stay in downtown Chicago is Best Western River North. it is the only hotel downtown that I know as free parking. The hotel is situated just blocks from Michigan Ave. and many different sites. The hotel staff treats you with kindness and friendliness that's rare now a days. The rates aren't bad, the hotel is a little older, but they are clean and very comfortable rooms. If you're staying in downtown Chicago and want to enjoy some great service, free parking, and a soft comfortable bed, I would only stay at the Best Western River North.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Korean first
Novi, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Went to Chicago for a soccer game and stayed overnight. The building is a bit older than some of the other places I've stayed at in Chicago but that doesn't make it any worse than those places. Service is top notch. The valet guys (free parking by the way...) are great. Hotel is a stone's throw from Michigan Ave. Great place. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Wallace was awesome! The other staff were good as well. But Wallace made my mood better when it was bad. It was cost efficient, great location, located in an easily accessible area. You could walk to Magnificent Mile in no time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for submitting a review. We really value the honest feedback. Thank you for the compliments on our location and our staff, including Wallace. We're glad to see it made a difference in your stay in Chicago. We hope to see you again in the Windy City.

Samuel
Marketing Mgr.
Gahanna, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is one of the cheapest places you'll find in downtown Chicago. You are only a few blocks from the Magnificent Mile and public transit. The nightly rate may seem higher than some other hotels, but this place includes parking! Cheaper places per night don't tell you up front that they charge $40 to $60 a night for parking! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone taking a road trip to the Windy City. It's not the fanciest place in the world -- but it's clean, comfortable and an overall great value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Mark H
Galena, IL
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Awesome location. Within walking of Michigan Ave. Received a free upgrade to a suite upon arrival which was appreciated. Staff helpful and nice. Guest room updated and clean. Overall a fantastic stay and will stay here again when we come back to Chicago and will recommend it to others. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Shanstro
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2013

From the time we drove in to the time we drove out we had the best experience at this hotel. There were some negative reviews left previously by others that made me a little leery to stay here but I am so glad I went ahead. The parking attendant called a bell hop as soon as we arrived to help us get our bags in, both men were extremely courteous and helpful. Then the ladies at the front desk were kind and fun as well as professional and helpful with every request. I asked for a fan and they found one, it came to our room within five minutes. I asked for directions to the Shedd Aquarium and to a grocery store and got them with a smile, they had a card with directions on how best to get to major attractions. I said I needed to call a cab and they turned on a light outside the hotel that brought one straight to us. The room was fabulous, every inch of the entire building was clean and nowhere did I encounter any bad smells or even dirt. The bed was very comfy. The only thing I would call a negative had nothing to do with any of the staff or the hotel at all but was due to being in a city and having the noises that come with that...I am a light sleeper and had some things that woke me but overall it was something I was able to become accustomed to in the few days we were there. I may try to get a higher floor for that reason next time but it would not keep me from staying here again. Every staff member that we encountered including the cleaning and maintenance staff we passed in the halls were very friendly. We travelled with a toddler and two older boys and our room was very spacious so we weren't on top of each other...plus the older boys loved the pool. We felt very safe in that area even walking to the pier at night...Mcd's across the street was a huge plus as well. Free parking is a huge deal in downtown chicago...we didn't use our vehicle the whole time we were there choosing to walk to the pier and sears tower but if we should ever have needed to we would have been able to have our vehicle out in a matter of minutes...most of the time it wasn't even parked in and I never saw a vehicle parked in by more than one other. I think I've covered anything that I saw in previous reviews that were simply untrue and hope that my comments will cause anyone looking at this hotel to have every confidence in staying here...we will definitely be going back again!

Room Tip: higher floors may help with some of the noise from traffic/people on the sidewalks...corner rooms, w...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for such a detailed review that not only shares your experience but addresses other issues guests have mentioned in reviews. We're please to see our amenities and services helped you to enjoy your time in Chicago. We hope to see you on a future trip.

Samuel
Marketing Mgr.
Des Moines
Reviewed 10 August 2013

my husband and i recently stayed here for a long weekend getaway. the staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and well kept. sitting on the deck in the evenings before dinner was very pleasant. there was a bit of noise, but that is expected with being in downtown chicago. well worth the money to stay here with the quality of the hotel, free parking, and an excellent location!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple