Best Western River North Hotel
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$664
US$508
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$534
US$508
US$711
US$665
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$730
  • Pool
US$626
US$599
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$684
US$647
HotelsClick
2,459 results
All reviewsrainforest cafepizzeria orahard rock cafegreat locationparking attendantwithin walking distancedowntown chicagoohio streetrooftop deckriver northindoor poolnavy piertop flooran older hotelfew blocksstreet noisethe magnificent mile
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife called them directly and got a very good rate. The parking was free, saving$ 60 to$70. Check In was fast, easy and very friendly. The room was clean, quiet, fresh and comfortable. We have stayed in a fancier places but none more friendly or more comfortable. Before leaving we had a free complete restaurant breakfast. The hotel was walking distance from great shopping (according to my wife). There were many very nice restaurants to pick from that we could walk to and a reasonable restaurant and lounge in the hotel. We will stay here from now on when in Chicago.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DRGGZ
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review. We're so glad we could offer you great value and serve your needs for a great Chicago vacation. We definitely look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel on the basis of my last experience here I wasn't disappointed at all.The service was excellent and rooms were large and very clean The only problem I encountered was the parking area which is rather small for such a large hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel is very very clean, well-kept, and in a safe place. We had a girls' 4 day shopping weekend here. The location is fantastic. We asked for a room on the top floor at the back of the hotel. They kindly obliged so traffic noise and siren noise was greatly minimized. Our room was LARGE, the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom although older was well appointed, clean and had great water pressure. We were extremely satisfied with the folks at the front desk, our maid service and especially Walter who was our concierge and helped us with our bags. We will definitely be back again. Loved the restaurants in the area, the easy availability of mass transit, etc. I would have given this hotel 5 stars if they had queen sized beds instead of double beds. Hope that is something they will upgrade to at some point but it certainly isn't a dealbreaker. We totally loved our stay. I felt more pampered here than at many 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review of us. We're very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate the compliments about our rooms, cleanliness, and the great service from staff. We hope you'll think of us the next time you're heading to Chicago.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am a college student and typically am not at all picky. I usually look for price & location in a hotel. This place seemed like a good deal. Unfortunately any savings were not worth it.
This place is a s**t-hole. My room had no hot water (and when I informed the front desk they said that is because of the building I am staying in, with no offers to fix it. vaguely indicated that I could bathe in an other room, but this was at 1am and I was not having it). I got reprimanded by the front desk about a noise complaint when I was alone in my room reading-- very rude and assuming. Coupons for free breakfast but the service was so slow it didn't matter (I ordered half a grapefruit and toast and sat there for 20 minutes before I got either. I ended up having to leave without eating!!)!!
There is not adequate signage in the hallways so it was very difficult to find room at check-in. Also there are separate buildings, which means you have to take your luggage up the steps for check in, then back down & outside and them up into the next building. Also this meant that when my room key desensitized I had to walk outside in my socks and tank top to get a new key card.
Front desk people were mostly pleasant but not helpful (did bare minimum, but in a friendly enough manner). There is pretty enough looking furniture in the rooms but the Heater was so loud it kept me up all night. Building was very loud--- could clearly hear people in other rooms, as well as scurrying for a while that sounded like it may have been animals of some sort!!!
Soap in the shower (when I just gave up and took a cold one) was from a dispenser-- it felt watered down and smelled like rubbing alcohol-- felt dirtier than before I used it.
PLEASE AVOID THIS HOTEL.
If you must stay here demand a room in the main building.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for writing an honest review of your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear how difficult you found it and on behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
It seems there was miscommunication between our staff and you in terms of not explaining directions to your room or the shower situation (all rooms do have hot water, of course). But I'm sorry that you had to wait for service and encountered other small incidences during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance to give you a comfortable stay (in the main building, if desired) and a great experience with us. Please feel free to contact me if that's the case - 312.467.0800.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Adequate for its purpose. I would stay again if I didn't expect to stay in the Hotel except to sleep. The staff was nice and helpful. The little restaurant was good for breakfast. Your in Chicago, why eat lunch and dinner in a hotel. Slowest elevator in the world though.

Stayed: November 2013